Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-14-2005, 06:51 PM
edward88 edward88 is offline
Registered User
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 2005 330CI
Buy 2005 330CI or wait for 2007 E90 330CI

My dad is going to buy me a car within these two weeks. And I went to BMW dealer today and test drove a 330CI. And i loved it! But after I came home today and searched the internet. I realized the new E90 330CI maybe coming in for 2007. I love the look of the current 330CI. But I am afraid that the new E90 330CI will have a better look. I am new to this forum, plz give me some advice
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 05-15-2005, 12:13 AM
tih2k tih2k is offline
Registered User
Location: Louisiana
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 24
Mein Auto: 04 325cic
Man I am in the same state. I was thinking of trading in my convertible for a 330ci but if I wait my lease out , it will be just in time for the e91. I'm waiting to see a clear real pic to make my decision, waiting for the brochure to leak out.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-15-2005, 06:13 AM
Moderato's Avatar
Moderato Moderato is offline
Praetorian
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,057
Mein Auto: 07 E92 335i 6MT
I saw the E90 in person for the first time today and I thought it looked really good. It didn't make my E46 look that old, but it still was a car I would like to own. So I think the E90 coupes & M3 will be really nice. OTHO the coupe probably won't come out for a least a year and I would like to wait 2 - 3 model years to see if they upgrade the HP or facelift or something like that so, I would get the E46 coupe now, enjoy it and experience it for 3, 4, 5 years and then sell it and get the E90. Look at the 5 series, if you got a 530i when it first came out, now you're going to be able to get a 535i which I'd much rather have.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-15-2005, 07:26 AM
Maximus57's Avatar
Maximus57 Maximus57 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: HR Colorado
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 640
Mein Auto: 2011 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by edward88
My dad is going to buy me a car within these two weeks. And I went to BMW dealer today and test drove a 330CI. And i loved it! But after I came home today and searched the internet. I realized the new E90 330CI maybe coming in for 2007. I love the look of the current 330CI. But I am afraid that the new E90 330CI will have a better look. I am new to this forum, plz give me some advice
There were some spy photos on here somewhere. After having a look at the 07 330Ci I'm going for the 06 instead. The 06 330i looks too much like a cross between an Audi A4 and an Acura TL. Not that it's a bad thing, but if I wanted a Audi or Acura I would save some cash and go that route. I don't much care for the grill on the 06 330i

Last edited by Maximus57; 05-15-2005 at 07:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-13-2006, 08:15 AM
BMW318i_E36 BMW318i_E36 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Oakville, Ontario
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 974
Mein Auto: 2003 BMW 325i, 11 X5 35d
Here's my advise to you. Buy the E46 300ci, because this model has most of its bad gadgets and stuff worked out. Drive it for 3 years, than after the new E90/E92 is in its 3 year release buy one. Because the first two years, the car will have problems with gadgets and what not. So don't be a test dummy. See what they did with the E46 all together, they indroduced a whole new engines after E46 release from 2001. I am hearing words of a 335i/ci. So for now buy the E46 Coupe, and wait about 3 years for a new revised E90/E92 coupe.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-13-2006, 09:39 AM
330ximd's Avatar
330ximd 330ximd is offline
Advocate de diabolo
Location: Cambridge, MA
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,363
Mein Auto: 330xi '04, X5 35d '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW318i_E36
Here's my advise to you. Buy the E46 300ci, because this model has most of its bad gadgets and stuff worked out. Drive it for 3 years, than after the new E90/E92 is in its 3 year release buy one. Because the first two years, the car will have problems with gadgets and what not. So don't be a test dummy. See what they did with the E46 all together, they indroduced a whole new engines after E46 release from 2001. I am hearing words of a 335i/ci. So for now buy the E46 Coupe, and wait about 3 years for a new revised E90/E92 coupe.
Didn't the guy who wanted the car start/end this thread almost a year ago? I don't know if he'd heed your advice since he probably already bought a car by now...but maybe he waited.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-13-2006, 05:12 PM
BMW318i_E36 BMW318i_E36 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Oakville, Ontario
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 974
Mein Auto: 2003 BMW 325i, 11 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ximd
Didn't the guy who wanted the car start/end this thread almost a year ago? I don't know if he'd heed your advice since he probably already bought a car by now...but maybe he waited.
I didn't notice the date, ma bad
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-13-2006, 06:38 PM
iamapato01 iamapato01 is offline
Registered User
Location: CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: 01' 330ci
Just get a 335i coupe. It gets better gas mileage than the current 330Ci and makes more power. What's not to like? Also there's no turbo lag and its Nice looking!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Extending lease to wait for E90? Blax Ask-A-Dealer 5 11-16-2004 05:58 PM
Buy 2004 or 2005 model? 530ibmw 5 Series 22 09-23-2004 07:09 AM
2005 330ci , I can not wait Chagahan European Delivery 2 08-23-2004 12:12 AM
330 zhp now or wait for e90? SoS 3 Series / 4 Series 20 07-24-2004 07:33 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms