BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New owner 2011 325i manual - few issues

619 views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  2NASpec 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
This is my first post here and my first ever BMW so please be gentle :)

I acquired a late 2011 E90 325i 6speed manual., done 84k miles. The car looks very well and drives well, but has a few strange issues I've never experienced with another car.

1. When in gear ( apart from 1st ) and below 900 rpm when I accelerate the car stutters at around 1100 rpm for 2,3 seconds , then all is good and it continues as normal. This happens in 2nd , 3rd , 4th, I haven't tried it in 5th or 6th.

2. When coasting in gear , there is a mechanical whine ( grind metal on metal ) coming from the engine compartment. Could it be a flywheel or a clutch issue ? It is pretty consistent in all gears. If I put the clutch down , the noise goes away.

3. When in 4th and accelerating a strong vibration is coming though the gear stick. Doesn't happen in any other gear.

4. When idling the engine sounds like a diesel, I read on the forum that it's normal, but not too sure about that.

5. What is the best way to get the code to update the satnav ?

6. There is quite a bit of carbon build up in the exhaust pipes, should I worry about it ?

7. I attached the Bcables cable to the odb port and got these two errors, I cleared them but not sure if they are important or not.

8. My car seems to have BMW Online , but the internet browser does not connect, if my phone is connected via Blutooth it seems to get internet from it, but not sure how it works.
Thanks

Nick

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Ok in all seriousness. Drive the car for a while and keep scanning for codes. See if those codes come back. You said that when you accelerate from 900 rpm in 2,3,4 and 5th gear it stutters? You sure you're not lugging the engine?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.