Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 05-19-2005, 02:13 PM

Mein Auto: 02 x5 Dinan s2 pkg
Exclamation angel eyes for 02

hi!! just wondering if any one has put angel eyes on a 02 x5, i am goin to check out this company in Boston that says they do, customangeleyes.com. Please let me know!!!
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Member of the club

Mein Auto: BMW X5
I have them installed in my 2001, and the 2002's would be the same. The company you reference is one of a couple sources for these and are known to have a good product.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Oversized Rooster 4.4i

Mein Auto: '02 X5 4.4i
And how does this company in Boston deal with the fact that the inner lights are larger?

2002 BMW X5 4.4i - Titanium Silver, Grey Leather, Activity Package, Front+Rear PDC, Boomerang2 Recovery System, Lumbar Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Sunshades, Privacy Glass, 30% Front Tint
Old 05-20-2005, 04:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 x5 3.O sport
how good of a product is it? very close to oem quility? do you see this product burning out in a short period of time? thanks.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:15 PM

Mein Auto: X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejavoo81
how good of a product is it? very close to oem quility? do you see this product burning out in a short period of time? thanks.
Our headlights are guarenteed to have NO problems at all. The quality is actually beyond OEM because OEM BMW headlights tend to have condensation problems, our do not. The Angel Eyes will out live the life of the vehicle.

Dave
Old 05-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Registered ABUSER!

Mein Auto: 2001 M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopazDave
Our headlights are guarenteed to have NO problems at all. The quality is actually beyond OEM because OEM BMW headlights tend to have condensation problems, our do not. The Angel Eyes will out live the life of the vehicle.

Dave
Dave this is a just a friendly reminder that you are SPAMMING
Old 05-22-2005, 09:16 PM

Mein Auto: 4.8is
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpina22
Chill out, dude. He was only answering questions that were asked.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:24 AM
Registered ABUSER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecoqsportis
Chill out, dude. He was only answering questions that were asked.
Which he could have done by answering lawry x5 in an e-mail or PM. Obviously you don't get it either.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Obviously you don't get it either.
After reviewing some of your posts here on this site I'm beginning to get it. You are a member of the inner sanctum of the spam police. You try to keep your identity a secret by not having some fancy official title from the forum such as Moderator. Rather you work your dastardly deeds in more subtle ways, such as posting warnings like the one above that frighten people to their core and inspire them to reform their wicked ways.

Get a life buddy
Old 05-23-2005, 05:13 AM
Registered ABUSER!

Quote:
After reviewing some of your posts here on this site I'm beginning to get it. You are a member of the inner sanctum of the spam police. You try to keep your identity a secret by not having some fancy official title from the forum such as Moderator. Rather you work your dastardly deeds in more subtle ways, such as posting warnings like the one above that frighten people to their core and inspire them to reform their wicked ways.
Get a life buddy
There are many reasons why I think you suffered oxygen starvation as an infant, but to make things simple and on-topic, I'll be brief. I've been in a helpful contributor to the X5 community since December 1999 on another board. Although I haven't posted much lately, I strongly object to non-sponsoring businesses SPAMMING. It costs THOUSANDS of dollars to advertise here annually. This money must be generated by working hard. So when another company SPAM's, it's like reaching into the pockets of all paying advertisers and taking their hard earned.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:48 AM

Quote:
There are many reasons why I think you suffered oxygen starvation as an infant, but to make things simple and on-topic, I'll be brief. I've been in a helpful contributor to the X5 community since December 1999 on another board. Although I haven't posted much lately, I strongly object to non-sponsoring businesses SPAMMING. It costs THOUSANDS of dollars to advertise here annually. This money must be generated by working hard. So when another company SPAM's, it's like reaching into the pockets of all paying advertisers and taking their hard earned.
Oh, so let me see if I have this right. On other forums you provide your wisdom and expertise to X5 owners. But here on this forum you make sure that when X5 owners lawry x5, Bavarian and dejavoo81 ask questions about a product from a company that isn't sponsored here that answers should not be provided for all to benefit from? I'm glad I found this forum, it really looks like the place to be.

Oxygen starvation explains my issues, but what's the explanation your inferiority complex?
Old 05-23-2005, 06:00 AM
Registered ABUSER!

Quote:
Oh, so let me see if I have this right. On other forums you provide your wisdom and expertise to X5 owners. But here on this forum you make sure that when X5 owners lawry x5, Bavarian and dejavoo81 ask questions about a product from a company that isn't sponsored here that answers should not be provided for all to benefit from? I'm glad I found this forum, it really looks like the place to be.

Oxygen starvation explains my issues, but what's the explanation your inferiority complex?
I answer questions here too lecoqsportis. If someone wants to recommend a product/company, that's fine and is helpful to the community. The problem is when the non-sponsoring company chimes in to promote themselves. It's really that simple. I have no intention to get into a battle with you. I just want to make it clear that customangeleyes is not a sponsor so TopazDave (customangeleyes owner) shouldn't have responded to the thread. Can we at least agree on this?
Old 05-23-2005, 06:56 AM

Quote:
I answer questions here too lecoqsportis. If someone wants to recommend a product/company, that's fine and is helpful to the community. The problem is when the non-sponsoring company chimes in to promote themselves. It's really that simple. I have no intention to get into a battle with you. I just want to make it clear that customangeleyes is not a sponsor so TopazDave (customangeleyes owner) shouldn't have responded to the thread. Can we at least agree on this?
If there are concerns then there are moderators here to deal with it. Simply click on the "Report Bad Post" to bring it to their attention and let them determine if what is being done is in violation of the forum rules. Unless you run or moderate the site, I just don't see where it is your place to give out warnings based on how you personally interpret the guidelines. Can we at least agree on this?
Old 05-23-2005, 07:33 AM
Registered ABUSER!

Quote:
I just don't see where it is your place to give out warnings based on how you personally interpret the guidelines. Can we at least agree on this?
That can be done. I should point out that I'm a business owner in the BMW arena so perhaps you can see my angle now. If I have to play by the rules, then so should everyone else. No exceptions.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:05 AM

Quote:
That can be done. I should point out that I'm a business owner in the BMW arena so perhaps you can see my angle now. If I have to play by the rules, then so should everyone else. No exceptions.
Fair enough
Old 05-25-2005, 05:50 PM
dj Vroom (dazh Vroom

Send a message via AIM to dsheli
Mein Auto: GulfStream G450
Quote:
Ya, dude you do need to chill out. He was not spamming. I am very gracious about his post on the custom angle eyes. I am looking for someone to do mine as well and its good to see someone with that much confidence in there product. You are not a moderator so don't act like one. That is what the exclamation point is for.

Alpina this is just a friendly reminder that you are BIENG AN AS*-WHOLE

BMW X5 3.0i (Oxford Grn)
BMW 530i
Subaru Outback
My Site (Car Blog )

Last edited by dsheli; 05-26-2005 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:11 PM
dj Vroom (dazh Vroom

Let me just add on to this. If the experts at Bimmerfest can only recommend products that are "Sponsored" then people would not be recommending anything. They are just the cons you see on TV that are being paid to advertise products for them. So just because a product is sponsored does not mean it is the best product for that individual person.

BMW X5 3.0i (Oxford Grn)
BMW 530i
Subaru Outback
My Site (Car Blog )
Old 05-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Registered ABUSER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsheli
Let me just add on to this. If the experts at Bimmerfest can only recommend products that are "Sponsored" then people would not be recommending anything. They are just the cons you see on TV that are being paid to advertise products for them. So just because a product is sponsored does not mean it is the best product for that individual person.
Isn't it time an admin stepped in to explain to dsheli what performanceIX's definition of spam is?????
People can recommend absolutely anything. It's when the company being recommended comes in here to promote their company or product when they do NOT pay performanceIX to advertise here, that it is considered SPAM.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:42 PM
dj Vroom (dazh Vroom

Quote:
Isn't it time an admin stepped in to explain to dsheli what performanceIX's definition of spam is?????
People can recommend absolutely anything. It's when the company being recommended comes in here to promote their company or product when they do NOT pay performanceIX to advertise here, that it is considered SPAM.
Dude, you are not an admin or a Modelrater so stop acting like one. You are just a member like me. Stop telling people what to do! We have moderators for a reason and they do a good job. Let them deal with it. If Jon or any of the sponsors feel threatened then they will deal with it. END OF DISSCUSION.

BMW X5 3.0i (Oxford Grn)
BMW 530i
Subaru Outback
My Site (Car Blog )
Old 05-26-2005, 07:16 PM
Registered ABUSER!

Quote:
Dude, you are not an admin or a Modelrater so stop acting like one. You are just a member like me. Stop telling people what to do! We have moderators for a reason and they do a good job. Let them deal with it. If Jon or any of the sponsors feel threatened then they will deal with it. END OF DISSCUSION.
As mentioned in the private message sent earlier today, you don't know or understand English. I never told anyone what to do. I suggest you pay more attention in school. Now that's telling you what to do.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:18 PM
dj Vroom (dazh Vroom

You are obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed. **** luck at life.

BMW X5 3.0i (Oxford Grn)
BMW 530i
Subaru Outback
My Site (Car Blog )
Old 05-26-2005, 07:23 PM
Registered ABUSER!

Quote:
You are obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed. **** luck at life.
Good one.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:46 PM
dj Vroom (dazh Vroom

Please stop PMing me I don't know how smart you are but I think one can gather that I don't want to talk to you.

BMW X5 3.0i (Oxford Grn)
BMW 530i
Subaru Outback
My Site (Car Blog )
Old 05-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Automotive Monomaniac

Mein Auto: Schnelle Autos

OK. Let me take a look at this thread and make some sense of it.

Give me until the morning, as I've already had a rough day.

- Mike

'13 Audi Q5 2.0T Quattro 8AT
'86 Porsche 911 Turbo 4MT

Gone, but never forgotten... my E70 X5 35d, E90 335i, E46 330i, E36 328i, E70 X5 3.0si, E53 X5 3.0i.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read my work as West Coast Editor for Autoblog!
Old 05-26-2005, 10:36 PM
Let's Get It Started!

Mein Auto: Only BMWs
Yeah, why don't you do your job and moderate this thread?

Sounds like we have a few brush fires here and people just keep on fanning the flames. Time for some liquid nitrogen KEWL down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emission

OK. Let me take a look at this thread and make some sense of it.

Give me until the morning, as I've already had a rough day.

- Mike