Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 05-27-2005, 04:22 AM
dj Vroom (dazh Vroom

Send a message via AIM to dsheli
Mein Auto: GulfStream G450
Have you ever made ice cream with liquid nitrogen? It is real creamy.

BMW X5 3.0i (Oxford Grn)
BMW 530i
Subaru Outback
My Site (Car Blog )
Old 05-27-2005, 05:55 AM
Registered ABUSER!

Mein Auto: 2001 M Coupe
Partial retraction

OK so after re-reading this thread, I have to say that I did jump the gun by suggesting what I did to TopazDave. I am not an admin. I am a business owner and enthusiast. I'm easily irritated by what I define as questionable responses by non-sponsoring vendors. This particular thread was started too close to this other thread:

TV tuner post

I'll wait on Emission to define what spam is and leave it at that. If I see anything that I feel is questionable material, it'll simply be brought to Emission's attention and left for him act on it in whatever manner he decides.

No matter what the dissagreement, in most cases a simple e-mail or two can rectify the problem. This was the case with leqocsportis. We can agree to disagree and I appreciate his comments. As for Jeff, I like you as a person, but it's obvious that we don't see eye to eye on the whole spam issue. Tommy asked you several questions in the other thread (see above link) which you simply dodged in my opinion.

I wish you all a happy Memorial Day weekend.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:17 AM
Member of the club

Mein Auto: BMW X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpina22
No matter what the dissagreement, in most cases a simple e-mail or two can rectify the problem. This was the case with leqocsportis. We can agree to disagree and I appreciate his comments. As for Jeff, I like you as a person, but it's obvious that we don't see eye to eye on the whole spam issue. Tommy asked you several questions in the other thread (see above link) which you simply dodged in my opinion.

I wish you all a happy Memorial Day weekend.
Yes, it is obvious that we don't see eye to eye on everything. And you are certainly entitled to your opinions, just as I am mine.

I find it kind of funny that you have the opinion that I dodged Tommy's questions, when it sure looked to me like there was just as much bobbing and weaving going on in the other half of that diatribe

Tommy made the statement "I think we've agreed that we'd made our statements loud and clear and if you agree, you will comment no further and neither will I". I agreed and would suggest that, like above, you let the admins decide what is appropriate and what isn't.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:59 AM
Automotive Monomaniac

Mein Auto: Schnelle Autos
Official word is that it is SPAM.

According to the owners of this site... "Only bimmerfest.com sponsors are allowed to use any bimmerfest.com resources (posting, PMs, signatures, etc) for commercial gain. Posting comments about your products is not OK."

So, technically, since the post(s) did mention his product... it is defined as SPAM.

In the future, please hit the little "Report this Post" button and mods can just delete the post(s). Nothing is going to happen to the posts in this thread.

Everyone, have a great weekend!

- Mike

'13 Audi Q5 2.0T Quattro 8AT
'86 Porsche 911 Turbo 4MT

Gone, but never forgotten... my E70 X5 35d, E90 335i, E46 330i, E36 328i, E70 X5 3.0si, E53 X5 3.0i.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read my work as West Coast Editor for Autoblog!
Old 05-27-2005, 09:05 AM
dj Vroom (dazh Vroom

Send a message via AIM to dsheli
Mein Auto: GulfStream G450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emission

According to the owners of this site... "Only bimmerfest.com sponsors are allowed to use any bimmerfest.com resources (posting, PMs, signatures, etc) for commercial gain. Posting comments about your products is not OK."

So, technically, since the post(s) did mention his product... it is defined as SPAM.

In the future, please hit the little "Report this Post" button and mods can just delete the post(s). Nothing is going to happen to the posts in this thread.

Everyone, have a great weekend!

- Mike
So basically what you are saying is that Bimmerfest is paid to recommend certain
products? If someone posts a question about something that one of the sponsors sells we have to recommend them? Even if it is not the best product out there? I sure hope that is not the case.

BMW X5 3.0i (Oxford Grn)
BMW 530i
Subaru Outback
My Site (Car Blog )
Old 05-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Registered ABUSER!

Mein Auto: 2001 M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emission

- Mike
Thank you Mike for the clarification. I'll refrain from commenting on dsheli and his colourful language. He must like rainbows and that lifestyle.

Last edited by alpina22; 05-27-2005 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:26 PM

Mein Auto: X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpina22
Dave this is a just a friendly reminder that you are SPAMMING
spamming is unsolicited advertising. his post was in response to a question about his product which he answered honestly and without hiding his identity. i can't imagine anyone would have a problem with that.
i could see the problem with starting a new thread about his product. THAT would be spamming.
From dictionary.com:
"spam n.
Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.

tr.v. spammed, spamming, spams
To send unsolicited e-mail to.
To send (a message) indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups."

key word: "unsolicited"
Old 05-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Automotive Monomaniac

Mein Auto: Schnelle Autos
I ran the post by the other admins, and the owner of the Fest, and they didn't think it was appropriate.

This post:

"Our headlights are guarenteed to have NO problems at all. The quality is actually beyond OEM because OEM BMW headlights tend to have condensation problems, our do not. The Angel Eyes will out live the life of the vehicle"

... is equivalent to FREE advertising.

Bimmerfest charges people to display banners. If I were paying for a banner, I'd sure as hell hope they were preventing people from posting messages like the above.

Be objective about this matter.

(Oh, I agree it's not technically SPAM... whatever you want to call it, it isn't allowed here.)

'13 Audi Q5 2.0T Quattro 8AT
'86 Porsche 911 Turbo 4MT

Gone, but never forgotten... my E70 X5 35d, E90 335i, E46 330i, E36 328i, E70 X5 3.0si, E53 X5 3.0i.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read my work as West Coast Editor for Autoblog!