Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > 2005 Events > Bimmerfest 2005: Calgary, Alberta Canada

Bimmerfest 2005: Calgary, Alberta Canada
OFFICIAL DATE: Sunday, June 26, 2005

Old 05-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 4.4i
A lot of people would go if this was better organized!

I can easily gather at least 6 to 8 friends that yould go from Edmonton alone. I didn't even know that there was a Bimmerfest in Calgary! They need to get the word out and advertise, even if it's at the dealerships. And first of all, set a date!! Get on with it already...it's coming up within a month of the proposed date!
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2005, 08:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to HUMMM 3
Mein Auto: 02 M3 Coupe, Topaz/Black
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by King
I can easily gather at least 6 to 8 friends that yould go from Edmonton alone. I didn't even know that there was a Bimmerfest in Calgary! They need to get the word out and advertise, even if it's at the dealerships. And first of all, set a date!! Get on with it already...it's coming up within a month of the proposed date!
We are trying to organize a group to caravan up to Bimmerfest from the Seattle/Portland area, but without a firm date it's hard to convince people to sign up. A firm date is necessary in order to reserve rooms in Calgary and for the trip both coming and going.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:51 AM

Mein Auto: 325
King, I know what you mean; I wish we could get more people from Edmonton just for the caravan

I don't know how to get them - signs on the side of the road???

I see tons of nice bimmers around town and I know I won't see them at the event.

-Spencer
Old 05-23-2005, 10:51 AM

Mein Auto: X5 4.4i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerT
King, I know what you mean; I wish we could get more people from Edmonton just for the caravan

I don't know how to get them - signs on the side of the road???

I see tons of nice bimmers around town and I know I won't see them at the event.

-Spencer
Getting people to go is not difficult. I have about 8 to 10 friends that own Bimmers. Plus several of my customers own Bimmers. Also, I have contacts at the dealership locally to put up signs or *maybe* get some addresses since it IS a BMW event. The problem is that this event is not a solid plan. I don't want to look like the idiot and invite 10 people only to make it to Calgary and find out it's dead or worse yet cancelled!
Old 05-24-2005, 08:49 PM
The TUNERWORKS man!

Mein Auto: BMW
Don't fear, Tunerworks is here

I am sorry that there haven't been more updates on this, or other boards. The show is a 100% GO and we hope it will be better than last year's show, but we are so busy around the shop that the Net updates gets neglected! Rest assured that we are working on it behind the scenes!

It is 100% official that the show will go on Sunday June 26th from Noon to 4pm with a cruise to follow. The show will be similar to last year's with food, drinks, music, prizes and lots of cool cars. We also expect to have some other vendors from the automotive world displaying their products and answering questions.

PLEASE register via this forum as only the first ~120 cars will get a spot in the main parking lot and you will only get the free lunch if your name is on the list before June 24th!

Feel free to e-mail me (rob@tunerworks.com) if you can't find the info you need.

More updates will follow in the weeks and days before the show giving details about parking, arrival time, etc.

See you there!
Old 05-26-2005, 05:30 PM
viva la e30!!!

Send a message via AIM to bimmerboy91
Mein Auto: 91 e30 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
We are trying to organize a group to caravan up to Bimmerfest from the Seattle/Portland area, but without a firm date it's hard to convince people to sign up. A firm date is necessary in order to reserve rooms in Calgary and for the trip both coming and going.

What day are you planing on going up and which way are you going...I live in Wenatchee and would love to hook up with you guys to drive up. Let me know. Thanks
Old 05-27-2005, 06:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to HUMMM 3
Mein Auto: 02 M3 Coupe, Topaz/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboy91
What day are you planing on going up and which way are you going...I live in Wenatchee and would love to hook up with you guys to drive up. Let me know. Thanks
I've given up on this, but I'll let others in the Seattle area know you are interested and they may contact you.

BTW there are other drives we are planning that you might be interested in. Such as Lolo Pass Idaho (sometime this summer), Southern Oregon/Northern California (this fall). Both of these would be 4-5 day events over primarily secondary twisty roads.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:01 AM
viva la e30!!!

Send a message via AIM to bimmerboy91
Mein Auto: 91 e30 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
I've given up on this, but I'll let others in the Seattle area know you are interested and they may contact you.

BTW there are other drives we are planning that you might be interested in. Such as Lolo Pass Idaho (sometime this summer), Southern Oregon/Northern California (this fall). Both of these would be 4-5 day events over primarily secondary twisty roads.

Thanks...Thats to bad that you have given up on the meet. Any particular reason?

I love the Lolo Pass area. Great scenary and awesome roads....can't beat the combo. Let me know when you guys are planning those(if you know). I am most definantly interested in coming and getting hooked up with a group of enthusiasts.

Let me know when you guys go for your next outing! Thanks