Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 05-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Moderator, 5-Series

Mein Auto: Trek 6500 MTB
€ 35 Transport to Delivery Center

I received the following email from Rolf. He is the kind gentleman who picked my buddy and I up at the airport and took us to the delivery center. He had an X5 for us.

I offered to place his name here on the board and he graciously accepted.

The below email is edited a little bit to pull out personal information and some of the FREEBIES he was offering me when I visit Munich again!

If you end up using Rolf's services, kindly let him know that you saw his info on Bimmerfest's ED! I will send him a link to this thread.

I don't necessarily follow everything that Rolf says below but contact him...his English is quite good.

===========================

It was a nice surprise to find your e-mail from May 13th when I came back from my Cuba-holidays. Therefore I could not send you an earlier reply!

I would be pleased to do this service and thank you, that you will give me some help as proposed in your correspondence.

A problem is only the luggage of the guests. I do have a big BMW-car only when I am in service for one of the BMW-divisions and otherwise I must use my private car and this is at the moment only a BMW-Mini. I will see, how I can solve this problem.

In case you send me a post-adress, I would send you an official BMW-document for this service and a photo from the place, where the VIPs will find me! All orders will be confirmed from my side. So the BMW-customer can be sure, that I will be waiting for him at the Munich Airport, terminal 2.

When the visitors want more service than the airport-transfer of € 35.-, I shall charge € 25.- to € 30.- per hour only.

Please be so kind and never use again the adress you have used last time! It belongs to the division for my factory-tours! The right one is as follows:

Rolf
Konstanzer Str. 39
D-80809 MUNICH
Tel.+Fax: +49(0)89.3543636
mobile: +49.(0)171-8251492
e-mail: rolf.pickupservice@yahoo.de

I would prefer urgent correspondence by fax only, because my private computer is very seldem in use!

All the best for you and your wife!

Kind regards

R O L F

May 23rd, 2005
Ads by Google
Old 05-25-2005, 08:17 PM

Mein Auto: Acura TL moving to BMW 6
transporter

How did you happen to find this guy? Has anyone else used him? I take it he could be trusted to be on time and all? I will be arriving on Monday the 27 around 11:30am and am looking at options for transport. Appreciate the tip. tk
Old 05-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E90 330i
We get in about an hour and a half before you. I wonder if he would mind making two trips.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:17 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to arnolds
Mein Auto: E60/E90/E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by will-san
We get in about an hour and a half before you. I wonder if he would mind making two trips.
I'm sure he wouldn't mind if the schedule fits.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:13 AM
Moderator, 5-Series

I found this guy through the dealer I did my recent ED with. As long as he has your flight information, I don't see a problem with him not being on time.

When my buddy and I finally came out of the secured area of the airport (where you hand over your passport to be stamped), there was an easel with a large roundel placard on it and an arrow pointing towards him. He couldn't have made it more easy to find him.

Good Luck!

I implored him to check his email more often as it is the ideal form of communication...it would be better for his business!
Old 06-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Moderator, 5-Series

Anyone have any luck contacting Rolf? I'm very curious.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 325i
Thanks for the post. I'm guessing Rolf has some sort of official relationship with BMW? He's not just an independent taxi driver or something right? Also, how does this service and fee compare with other transporation options of getting to the ED pickup center from Munich airport? Is this a better price and faster than just getting a cab? What is the most economical way - by public transportation? Feedback from those with ED experience would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:29 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to arnolds
Mein Auto: E60/E90/E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStripe
Thanks for the post. I'm guessing Rolf has some sort of official relationship with BMW? He's not just an independent taxi driver or something right? Also, how does this service and fee compare with other transporation options of getting to the ED pickup center from Munich airport? Is this a better price and faster than just getting a cab? What is the most economical way - by public transportation? Feedback from those with ED experience would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Search feature is your friend.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:21 PM
Moderator, 5-Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStripe
I think a cab will cost you 50 E...public transportation is much, much cheaper...I think under 15-18 E if IIRC. Rolf and a cab are probably the same in delivery time...public will take longer, of course.

I'm not sure of his exact relatioinship with BMW to be honest with you. He does have some kind of one but I don't know any details.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:07 PM

Mein Auto: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ågent99
Anyone have any luck contacting Rolf? I'm very curious.
I didn't get a reply to the e-mail, and had trouble contacting him on his phone (could have been me). I used a taxi. Cost about 50e.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Moderator, 5-Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alstoy
I didn't get a reply to the e-mail, and had trouble contacting him on his phone (could have been me). I used a taxi. Cost about 50e.
Darn, that is too bad....
Old 06-30-2005, 03:39 AM

Mein Auto: 535xit
Rolf is the right way to go!

I just returned from a whirlwind pick-up and drop-off- one day in Munich. I contacted Rolf by fax last week and he responded by phone that evening. He was there waiting when I arrived and was able to skirt all the traffic on the A9 (the highway is under construction in addition to the usual mayhem en route) and get me to the Delivery Center in about half an hour! If I had had the time he could have arranged for me to join the fatory tour he was giving that evening (he told me that 70% of requests to tour the Munich factory are rejected!) I highly recommend using him to get from the airport to the Center. He has access to many different cars so he can accomodate different size groups. He is quite outgoing and talkative and will take you into the center and get you connected to the right people. He is retired and does this and the factory tours to supplement his pension.

Rolf says that his email does not work so fax and phone is the way to contact him!

Good luck!

(I would suggest to the forum moderator that he make this a sticky- it is really a service to all ED 'festers).

Last edited by IXinCO; 06-30-2005 at 03:44 AM.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:02 AM

Mein Auto: Acura TL moving to BMW 6
Thanks Rolf!

I just returned and Rolf was very helpful, especially since I did not have alot of time to get to the ED center. He also can arrange for tours and other local assistance if needed. He was there waiting on me and would recomend him to anyone wanted to go directly from the airport to the ED center without hassel. Thanks Rolf..attached photo I hope...

TKflips...
645 cic
Old 07-03-2005, 01:12 PM

Mein Auto: E90 330i
Dude needs email. I emailed rolf about a week before I left and din't hear back until I checked my email yesteday in Cannes. He was very nice, but clearly email is not the way to go. Glad you guys had a good experience. We ended up taking a Taxi to the ed center. Driver was very nice, although his english about as good as my German.