Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 09-28-2002, 01:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Orient Blue/Black 330i
Quote:
Originally posted by car_for_mom
And here's another "the owner's circle website is not accurate stories" (hmm...this must be number ??? )

bmwusa.com says that my car is 'scheduled for production 10/4/02'. At first I said, okay, cool - that means it'll be done mid-October.

Out of curiosity, I called the BMWNA 800 number on Friday (9/27), to be told by a very pleasant gentleman, "Oh, your car is waiting for transport - it's just waiting for the carrier to come and take it to the train that will take it to the ship. "It's done?!"" I said. The guy said, "It's for Crevier, right?" I said, yes. He then verified my last name - and, yes, my Baby Bimmer has been constructed (

I'd ordered the car 9/6 - I was amazed. So, his (I'm a girl, my Baby Bimmer is a 'he') name is 'Karl' should be here sometime in early November (Lord willing). He might get caught up in a labor dispute at the Ports of Lost Angeles, though!
You did good. My friend ordered 9/4, got a production date of 10/4, and was 151 on 9/27. So, you are ahead of the game, I think. Good for you. Maybe you will get delivery a bit sooner.
Old 09-28-2002, 05:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i F30 Sedan
Anybody see this story about dock worker's strike on the west coast. I hope this does not delay our cars getting off the ship.
Old 09-28-2002, 05:21 PM
:-)

Mein Auto: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Flanary
Anybody see this story about dock worker's strike on the west coast. I hope this does not delay our cars getting off the ship.
unions...
Old 09-28-2002, 05:43 PM

Mein Auto: '03 330Ci
'03 coupe delivery taken today

Got my car. Sorry, no pics (been driving around all day).

It's the same as any other Topaz Blue/Black 'ette '02 coupe (no appearance or mechanical changes).

The folks who said there's no discernable appearance difference between the Leatherette and Leather were right. I'm sure they were also correct in that the Leatherette probably wears better with no maintenance, while the Leather will 'breath' a bit but has to be tended to occasionally. Still wish I could have gotten the Gran Turismo cloth/leather interior. Maybe next time.

Couldn't get the car/key memory program changes I wanted because the '03 software hasn't been received by the dealershp yet.

Adjusting to the high clutch engagement is a bit of a pain. Other than that, it's a nice car. Of course, I guess it should be for 38 large...
Old 09-28-2002, 05:55 PM

Congrtas ruteger.. sounds like a nice ride.

That's lame that the dealer does not have software to program 2003 key/memory settings yet. Did dealer sound like it was just them, or all dealers?
Old 09-28-2002, 07:29 PM
Fun Driver

Mein Auto: BMW 330i
Any word on the DVD based navigation system, third head rest in the back seat and the in dash cd player with NAV for those who have taken the 03 dilevery?

R
Old 09-28-2002, 07:30 PM

Mein Auto: MY03 330Ci OB/NB SP PP
Congratulations, Ruteger, you are the first.

I can believe that you have been driving it all day. What a thrill.

Did you happen to do us all a favor and look at any other 2003s at the dealer with navigation to see the in-dash cd and the DVD set up?

You were probably completely absorbed with your baby, and forgot all about it....completely understandable.

Can't wait to see your baby pics.
Old 09-28-2002, 07:48 PM

Mein Auto: '03 330Ci
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Flanary
That's lame that the dealer does not have software to program 2003 key/memory settings yet. Did dealer sound like it was just them, or all dealers?
No idea. Just offhand, I'd guess all dealers. These guys seem more attuned to the latest news than most other dealers. They even know about the 'clown nose activation' on non-alarm cars, and have been doing it to all customer's cars for a year now (unless the customer specifically declines).

I'm a little concerned about one thing, though. I thought the dealer was supposed to contact me when the car got to the VPC to let the VPC program the codes before it's delivered to the dealer. I had made a special point of emailing my salesman with my code requests the moment I knew my car was arriving at the VPC.

When I asked him about it, my salesman said that they have a little handheld device they hookup and do it right there at the dealership when the car arrives. Kind of sounds like they feel that getting the codes to the VPC is unnecessary since they can easily do the programming at the dealership. Well, this time, it was necessary to program the codes at the VPC since the damn dealership didn't have the updated '03 software.

If anyone else gets their '03 delivered in the near future and gets their codes programmed, either on the spot or before, I'd like to know about it.

Mine was the first '03 they had gotten in. I had seen another '03 coupe at another dealer the previous evening, but it didn't have the NAV and it was located in an unlit back row.

Honestly, you guys with NAV ordered in cars on the way will likely be the first source of information on that topic. I doubt any dealers will have cars in inventory with the new system, atleast not before the ordered cars with NAV are delivered.
Old 09-29-2002, 12:01 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 325i
Smile 2003 325i w Navi (pics)

Just received our electric red 2003 325i ordered 8/16

black leather
premium package
steptronic
bixenon headlights
Navigation system (DVD with in-dash CD player)

No map disc for a couple days - will be CD at first, followed by DVD when released but definitely is a DVD player, and screen swings out of way to allow insertion of music CDs into slot loading indash player.

No third headrest in back seat

My wife and I are very happy with the new addition to our family...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	comb.jpg
Views:	876
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	3559  

Last edited by xrayhj; 09-29-2002 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-29-2002, 12:47 AM
threadhijackerintraining

Mein Auto: SG03M3 in 5...4...3...
Excellent news, but you forgot pictures of the CD slot.

I just wanna see what it looks like.

Do the menus on the nav seem to respond any faster?

Alex
Old 09-29-2002, 07:16 AM

That Electric Red is HOT, man. Burnin' a hole through my screen.

It is now official... DVD Navi with In-dash CD.

Finally, we can all just sit back and wait our turn. Everyone is getting close, our family album should definitely be growing soon.

Can't wait to see more pics.
Old 09-29-2002, 07:25 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 550i Sport
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander
Excellent news, but you forgot pictures of the CD slot.

I just wanna see what it looks like.

Do the menus on the nav seem to respond any faster?

Alex
Oh man......so close yet so far too. It's confirmed in words, but still can't see it.
Old 09-29-2002, 07:40 AM

2003 325i Navi - CD Slot Pictures

Sorry about forgetting the CD Slot...

Here's a sequence of a CD ejecting for those of you who might be interested...

Don't know about the Nav menu speed - this is the first one I've seen, but the menus seem to respond quickly. I don't have the map CD yet should arrive in a couple days. Until then its difficult to really play with the Nav functions very much.

BTW - was worried about the electric red when we ordered it, but after receiving the car yesterday and seeing it in person we're very, very happy.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cd open.jpg
Views:	1944
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	3561  
Old 09-29-2002, 07:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 550i Sport
XRAYHJ,

Ahhhh thanks for the confirmation. Those are great pics and we can all finally put this controversy of NO IN DASH CD player to rest. I hope the other member that said his dealer told him it was not to be, has resolved this issue.

I also think you maybe the first to post these new pics! Don't be surprised if you see your pics with your hand in it at other Internet Sites or Autospies.com!

Thanks again!

Last edited by bmwguynj; 09-29-2002 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-29-2002, 07:57 AM

Mein Auto: MY03 330i
Talking Car is here

My 03 SG 330i with Natural Leather PP SP is with the dealer. I went down and had a look at it this morning. It's fantastic. Can confirm no 3rd headrest, and no visible changes from 02. Didn't order NAV. Delivery has moved forward to 10/01 on owner circle.
Old 09-29-2002, 08:09 AM
Color blind photographer

Mein Auto: 2010 X3 MT Space Gray
Re: Car is here

Quote:
Originally posted by bore
My 03 SG 330i with Natural Leather PP SP is with the dealer. I went down and had a look at it this morning. It's fantastic. Can confirm no 3rd headrest, and no visible changes from 02. Didn't order NAV. Delivery has moved forward to 10/01 on owner circle.
Please post some pics of your car with that color combination when you take delivery. I think many folks will enjoy seeing it. I tried posting some of mine but the color in the pics makes the car look either steel blue or even topaz! Enjoy your new car.
Old 09-29-2002, 08:13 AM

Re: 2003 325i Navi - CD Slot Pictures

Quote:
Originally posted by xrayhj
Sorry about forgetting the CD Slot...

Here's a sequence of a CD ejecting for those of you who might be interested...

Don't know about the Nav menu speed - this is the first one I've seen, but the menus seem to respond quickly. I don't have the map CD yet should arrive in a couple days. Until then its difficult to really play with the Nav functions very much.

BTW - was worried about the electric red when we ordered it, but after receiving the car yesterday and seeing it in person we're very, very happy.
What about the aux input port? I can't really see it in these pics. Can you point it out to us, please?
Old 09-29-2002, 08:21 AM
Code 66

Mein Auto: .
Thanks again for the pics!! it looks pretty nice.

Is it me, or does it look like you can have the radio + the map at the same time?? And wheres the aux input??

The in-dash CD with the nav is cool. Once again, they always make something new that pisses current owners off

Enjoy your new ride
Old 09-29-2002, 08:40 AM

2003 Navi - Aux Input Not present

Quote:
Is it me, or does it look like you can have the radio + the map at the same time?? And wheres the aux input??

There is no aux-input on the navigation system (see image below). The manual says you can "retrofit" the monitor with an aux-input for MP3 or CD players. The screen will go into split screen mode - I don't know if this will show both radio and map at the same time. Have to wait to get the map CD.

Quote:
The in-dash CD with the nav is cool. Once again, they always make something new that pisses current owners off

I guess they need to do something to encourage consumers to buy new cars...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	picture.jpg
Views:	800
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	3564  
Old 09-29-2002, 01:17 PM
:-)

Mein Auto: E46 M3
owners' circle finally updated, and my car has an expected 10/25 build date... i was hoping for earlier october... oh well.
Old 09-29-2002, 02:46 PM
threadhijackerintraining

Mein Auto: SG03M3 in 5...4...3...
Durrr....

To be honest, I was more concerned about the aux input than CD behind the screen or DVD nav. I figured that if we got those two, then aux input was gonna be there.

I do remember reading somewhere about an aux-in that was enabled via an add-on module. It might have been in reference to the 5-series, since I distinctly recall that it didn't apply to me.

I guess we can hope that it's an inexpensive user-installable part. The word "retrofit" worries me, though.

And I hope it doesn't conflict with the video module.

Alex
Old 09-29-2002, 08:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 330xi JetBlk/Blk
Well, I was expecting my 09/13 build date 330xi mid this week. It came off the boat 9/26. My delivery date on BMW owners web site moved up 1 day to 10/1 (was 10/2) so I figured maybe it made it to the dealer on Sat.
Took a drive to dealer lot, but could not find the car on the lot. There was a new 02 330xi steel grey in the back, and I found an '03 330ci parked out front, but not my new vehicle :-(
So I know they've taken delivery of at least a couple new cars.

Guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow & see what sales guy says.
Hoping for Monday eve or Tues eve delivery... if it's there.

Vic
'03 330xi Black, Black, lots of stuff but no sunroof.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:51 AM

West coast ports still closed.

This is gonna suck if our cars end up sitting off shore in a ship and can't be unloaded.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:53 AM
Shiftin

Mein Auto: '03 330i ZHP
Hey pmb1010 I was on the same boat as you and was wondering which dealership you purchase your 330xi at? I bought mine at Bayside BMW in Queens and my dealer is off on Sundays and Mondays, so I will have to wait until tomorrow for delivery news. It would be cool if we bought at the same dealers and had similar delivery dates.

2003 330i Mystic Blue - Black Alcantara/Cloth
6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM CD-Changer - OEM TV function- Titanium headlight inserts - DIY Clutch Stop - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35%/20% Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler
Old 09-30-2002, 07:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 330xi JetBlk/Blk
Nope, sorry I'm on the other end of the State...
Buffalo dealer.

Vic