BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 48 Results
  1. General BMW Questions
    Crank/no start condition. Put a bidirectional scan tool on her and pulled 34 DTCs (from essentially every system). Any ideas on where to begin?
  2. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    This went from bad to worse: After sitting for about a month, I replaced the control arm and ball joints on the passenger side. The car started right up and drove straight. I noticed the IP was not lit up and the gages were all at 0. I stopped for gas. Then the car would crank but not start...
  3. 5 Series DIY
    Ok so not sure how, but battery was installed and I think the cables may have been reversed. It was smoking for a few secs b4 it was taken off. Put a new battery in and replaced neg cable with ibs and now it will crank but not start. Please help with this issue as I am at my wits ends...
  4. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Okay so I purchased this car less than 3 months ago I drove it for about 8 weeks total and then it drove fine everything was good my window started messing up on the driver side so wouldn't roll up and down .so I figured out how to do it with the key fob and I also figured out if you pulled the...
  5. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Hi All, really need your help. 2001 530i, bought it a year ago, runs well, no issues, needs a speed sensor, but thats not the issue. parked it for the winter, took it out in March, runs well, all good. went for a drive, came home, parked, was reconnecting the amp wire for my aftermarket deck...
  6. X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
    Hello, My wife said her X5 E53 battery was completely dead. First thing I did was replace the battery.Then I started the car and was driving fine around the parking lot. When stopped the car, I noticed that the blower fan kept running even after engine is off and car is fully shut down...
  7. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    HI Guy New Member Scott I need your help bad. 318i 1999 e46 with m43 engine. Here goes pulled on drive turned off lumpy driving on way home not started since, things i done up to yet, 1 new crank sensor 2 new cam sensor 3 new coil pack as only spark on 1 and 4 but still same with new one 4 new...
  8. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Hi , I am still struggling my 2007 e92 335i . I have no more codes to chase down, All fuses are good, Cam and Crank are reporting. Every ignition and sensor wires were checked for breakage and repaired if nec. I have fuel god knows I can smell it but I can not get a spark. Checked with indicator...
  9. X3 M
    Hello All i have 07 x3 for my daughter cranks, but no start. Looks like have gas, spark and fuel injectors are firing. Runs on starter fluid. Have good compression in both front cylinders...just lost here. No trouble codes just misfires and a cam code. Replaced cam sensor and didnt...
  10. 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
    I have desperately read every post on this website. My car has trouble starting when "warm." AKA my car starts on the first try only after I get gas and when I start my car for the first time of the day. My "Drive moderately" light is on, the DSC I believe. I just purchased this car with right...
  11. 5 Series
    Hi All, Need some help please so I can correctly diagnose my crank to start issue. A few days ago, the car cranked for longer than usual on the way to the supermarket (2kms away). I assumed it's probably a battery issue because it's mid winter here in Victoria, Australia. On the way back from...
  12. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    Greetings all, I have been reading occasionally this forum for some time, but this is my 1st tim posting, having just joined the forum at last. I have been restoring a Bmw, specifically a 2001 E46 320Ci (so, convertible), with the M54B22 engine. I have done a shitload of work on it (countless...
  13. 3 Series
    So I recently decided to buy my first bmw, while browsing online I found A E90 2007 335i. This was a twin turbo one and the time had come for the turbos to be replaced and the kid who owned it started doing it but about after getting about 1/20th of the way decided it was to much work so I...
  14. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hey so I'll make this as simple as possible. Randomly my rad fan stopped kicking on so I did the normal trouble shooting protocol. I unplugged the ac pressure switch and the fan kicked on like magic but as soon as it was unplugged the car ran like poop for a few seconds, died, now I have a crank...
  15. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    2012 E92 328xi 140k miles Manual transmission I've had this car for a little over 2 years and recently had trouble with some bad ground wiring. After replacing the wiring and diagnosing a blown CAS module too, I ordered a new one with a matching key from a 2007 E92 335xi. After plugging it in...
  16. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    2001 e39 BMW 540i V8 manual. (bit of info that might help: recently did an oil change, everything went smooth, forgot to reset the oil notification on the dash, and let it go past the last square, i doubt this matters) Anyways I had just gotten off work and started up my car, nothing out of the...
  17. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    2010 N54 E60, Crank no start, After rigorous maintenance was completed at 140k, including low pressure fuel sensor. I had the damn sensor seated incorrectly, while on test drive it dumped fuel at a constant 94.27psi. In 4th gear I got kicked into neutral, & lost power. Dash lights remained but...
  18. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    (M54 2.5l 325i 04 automatic 220,000 miles) I took my car in to a "home mechanic" who stated I had bad catalytic converters and he said he replaced them. He replaced them because I was having issues I'm having now... which were/are severe power loss, stalling, low groaning sound when pressing...
  19. E36 (1991 - 1999)
    I have a 1998 328i and I'm having issues where it won't start. If I spray starting fluid into the intake, it will start after a few tries. Here's what all I've replaced: -Fuel pump -Fuel filter -Fuel pressure regulator -Air filter -Intake cleaner hose -Spark plugs -Crank shaft position sensor I...
  20. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    07 x5 4.8i with crank with no start issue with throttle, BSD, and IBS codes... Got this SUV for free but the highlight of this vehicle is that it only has 80,000 miles and IT CRANKS but DID NOT START... lol I took a gamble because I have my own shop here in Northern California... I have...
1-20 of 48 Results