BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 32 Results
  1. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    Hey everyone! I would love some clarification on throttle body and valvetronic: When the car is warming up - it uses throttle body to control airflow. After a minute or two it switches to valvetronic and uses that to control airflow. And while driving - throttle body is fully opened all the...
  2. UK
    Does anyone know if there is somewhere in the UK that can refurb throttle body actuators? Car is in limp mode with: Engine Fault! Reduced power DSC Failure DBC Failure Start assist inactive Thought it might have been battery related as car not driven much in 2 years but mechanic plugged it in...
  3. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    My 2008 BMW 535xi is having big issues. The accelerator pedal and throttle body was replaced but issues still persist. Please see codes below. What i've Done so far. Check wiring to throttle body, DME Fuses. Replaced Pedal due to i tnot showing 100% Position on INSTA+. After replacement now it...
  4. E30 (1982 - 1993)
    looking for instructions on the proper way to clean my mass air flow sensor and throttle body. im a new bmw owner and want to do everything right to avoid repairs later on.
  5. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Bought January 2019 with 238k miles. First BMW. After a couple of months, unless I "nursed" the accelerator, the car would misfire, then there would be a constant SES light and the computer seemed to shut off the offending coil pack(s) until the car was shut down and re-started. After that the...
  6. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Car can be working fine than all of a sudden the idle kicks down and then revs from 1k to 1.5k every two seconds. Pressing the gas pedal does nothing except raise the rev intensity a little bit. The only way to travel is to put it in drive and have the car lurch forward for a second then almost...
  7. Performance
    Whats up guys, I am selling a DINAN Throttle Body and Exhaust that came off a 93 E36, Throttle body works for any OBD 1 e36, and exhaust for any E36! Throttle body-$200 Exhaust(local pick up only)-$500
  8. BMW Diesel Owners & Enthusiasts
    Greetings from Florida everyone! I'm brand new and would really appreciate everyone's help & insight. Can anyone translate the following info from previous repair orders? On 6/6/17 I purchased a one-owner 2011 335d with 56k miles. The car was maintained by the dealer in Indiana (regular oil...
  9. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Greetings from Florida everyone! I'm brand new and would really appreciate everyone's help & insight. Can anyone translate the following info from previous repair orders? On 6/6/17 I purchased a one-owner 2011 335d with 56k miles. The car was maintained by the dealer in Indiana (regular...
  10. E30 (1982 - 1993)
    Widebody E30 built by Manofied with Borla Induction ITB's & Custom Borla Exhaust! http://www.borlainduction.com/ | https://www.borla.com/
  11. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    I have a 2008 BMW E70 X5 4.8L I own a Carly Pro Bluetooth BMW code reader One year ago I replaced the alternator, battery, throttle body(VDO-Siemens Throttle Body/Housing) and also the Electronic Throttle Harness. After replacing the first 3, the problem remained, although not as frequently -...
  12. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Hey guys I have been developing a kit that is an alternative to the pricey Dinan throttle body. It uses a brand new 84mm body which bolts right up the the m62 intake manifold. It is 100% plug and play out of the box. Some fun facts: -Stock m62tu TB is 79.5mm -Dinan Upgrade is 82.5mm -This...
  13. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    So I replaced the starter motor in my 2000 323Ci and after reassembling the intake manifold and related tubing, the car starts but the engine bogs and struggles to stay running. I took apart the intake and found that there was an excessive amount of oil in the throttle body. This due to me...
  14. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hi, I have the bmw 535d E60 and someone before i had the car fitted this, i didn't know. My 535d e60 has been playing up for a while, it sort of jolted away from a stop when you push the pedal, I tried loads of things to cure it, egr valve, throttle body, new gearbox oil and pan, just couldn't...
  15. X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
    Hello, I am fitting 2 x BMW X5 Electronic Throttle Bodies to a Jaguar V12 motor as part of a comprehensive electronics / electrical upgrade package my company is developing. I am hoping someone in the community can point me toward finding the wiring pinout diagram for the 6 pin connector on...
  16. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    I was wondering if any one has ever freshened up their throttle body? I seen a video with a Mitsubishi and the guy changed the rings that the throttle plates "arms" go through to help the plate rotate open easier and as much as it should. My cars got 280klm and it feels like I have to give it...
  17. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    I'm in the process of replacing my alternator. While I had the intake off, I was looking at the throttle body. It doesn't seem to be closed all the way. There is also oily buildup inside. I bought throttle body cleaner, and would like to know what you guys have done to clean it out. Can you...
  18. 7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)
    I had my intake manifold, valve cover gaskets and fuel injectors replaced. When I detached my breather assembly and looked in each of the throttle bodies there was oil in side of them. What can be the cause of this issue. It is idling and breathing terribly. They say you can expect some oil blow...
  19. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    I need help with codes: P1639: Throttle Valve Position Control; Throttle Stuck Permanently P1638: Throttle Valve Position Control; Throttle Stuck Temporarily The car occasionally goes into limp mode with the EML lights, brake lights and DSC lights on. I recently changed the ICV and DISA, no...
1-19 of 32 Results