BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 500 Results
  1. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    I am trying to charge the battery with the connectors under the hood for jump starting the car. The issue is the circuit breakers in the battery chargers keep tripping. This happens on both my chargers. I also can't seem to get the voltage much above 12 volts either. I usually like to charge...
  2. BMW Coding and Programming
    Hi, and thanks for reading this and offering your insights. Issue began when my 2012 F10 transmission would go into gear, but return to park. Then a ‘transmission fault’ error was displayed. My Foxwell 510 elite did clear the codes 420401, 420451 and 420641. After restart, the car goes into...
  3. 3 Series & 4 Series
    Hello, I woke up late last week to my car not starting at all, no power whatsoever. In the past when I had the battery start to go out on me I had lots of time and many "battery discharge" promts before it actually died completely. I figured maybe it was finally time so yesterday i went and...
  4. General BMW Questions
    Hey everyone, kept getting the battery discharge message when shutting off car. Checked the battery with a tester and it was toast. Replaced it yesterday with a new one from BMW. Haven’t had a chance to get it reprogrammed yet, going to be doing that tomorrow evening. When going to start the car...
  5. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    I needed a new battery and meineke said they can do it. Took it to the shop, got the battery replaced and left. Everything seems fine and I am assuming it was coded and registered like it should be. But I went to unhook the battery to replace my camshaft sensors and solenoid actuators, and I...
  6. BMW Coding and Programming
    Hello, I recently changed my battery from a 80AH AGM to a 95AH AGM, and now I need to register it. I have ISTA/D, NCS Expert, Tool32 and INPA installed on my Windows laptop. What OBDII/K+DCAN/ENET/ICOM adapter/cable do I need to register the new battery? Which software do I need to use and...
  7. X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
    Hi everyone. New here I have a 4.4 X5 2004 Model. It sat for a week. When I returned to it, it had to be jumped. Hard starting since then. Had the front struts changed. Went to fill up petrol. Upon leaving the pump. Car goes into safe mode. Speedo not working. Tachometer not working and engine...
  8. 7 Series - F01 / F02 / F03 / F04 (2008 - 2015)
    I was getting a "charge battery message" recently, but had used a battery tender so I thought I was OK. After driving about 100 miles earlier this week, I parked the car and came back a couple of days later to a completely dead battery. I then replaced the battery with a new one from Advanced...
  9. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Hi guys, long story short my battery died and we tried to jumpstart it. My hood cylinders are done so the hood slammed on the cables, shorted them and they caught on fire. We took everything off and only plastics are esthetically melted a little nothing major but it shorted while hooked to the...
  10. X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
    Hi all, A few weeks ago I had my first encounter with this issue wherein after a 5 hour trip and then re-starting the vehicle, the control display screen did not wake up: no radio, no backup camera, no aux, nor did I even get any chimes for seatbelts etc. At first it only took a few minutes of...
  11. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    When driving as I was coming to a stop I got a transmission in park error and then the car shut off. Upon trying to restart the car it acted as if the battery was dead and would hardly turn over. The battery is fully charged and brand new. The car would barely start after connecting a jump pack...
  12. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    Hi guys, I’m new here. I’ve had my 2015 535i M package for a year now. CPO with 70K miles on It. Zero mods on it of any kind. Love the car. I had issues with starting. It happened once or twice about a month ago and I didn’t think too much of it as I thought my finger slipped while pushing the...
  13. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Hi guys, i have a 2009 328i.. just a little history i bought this a year ago. It needed the engine cover replaced when i bought it. We changed that. The crankcase breather hose melted off. causing it to catch fire. Stilll ran after that. my husband hit a deer and we had to put 3 radiators...
  14. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    Hi everyone, I recently downloaded bimmerlink and noticed the battery state of charge, this car is 10 years old and from what the application is suggesting is the battery has never been replaced. Currently @ 72%. What issues would this cause? My car continues to receive drivertrain malfunction...
  15. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    My 2005 325ci convertible has a brand new battery and it was running fine for a few weeks. Now suddenly it drains after a few hours. Alternator seems to be OK. I watched several videos on how to check for parasitic battery drain, however my Fluke 75 Series 2 multimeter is showing 0.00 amps when...
  16. General BMW Questions
    So my 528i got a new battery but now I have a "Battery discharging while stopped" message as for "Increased battery discharge" and after driving for 30min now it says to "Charge Battery" but is a new battery! I haven't drove the car since the new battery was replaced two days ago. Before I...
  17. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    This is a copy paste as I made a new account, additionally I added more information and researched aggressively. I'm looking at purchasing this vehicle with ~118k miles and hoping you can help me decipher some codes pulled from my recent test drive. I'm a DIYer who has never owned a BMW but am...
  18. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Hi everyone, I need to buy a new battery for my E91 M47 320D, but not sure what to go for. Can you please help me with some advice? The battery that I have right now is an original BMW 80AH, 640A (61217604816). I only drive about twice a week, sometimes for short trips, so the battery does not...
  19. F20 / F21 1 Series (2012 - Current)
    2 weeks ago I went away for 5 days leaving my 2017 1 series on the driveway. When I returned, the car was in full working order except for the iDrive screen which had gone completely black. I tried the reset but nothing came of it. The next day I get in my car and the screen now flashes the "No...
  20. BMW i
    Hi Everyone. What solutions have people managed to find for the EOS test when carrying out repairs. The tool isn’t available to purchase currently and the dealerships are being told they can’t do the test if they haven’t carried out the repairs in house. Very interested to see what others have...
1-20 of 500 Results