BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 344 Results
  1. E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
    Hello, My speedometer does not work anymore (self-test @ instrument cluster OK, I fitted a new speed sensor), I have an issue with the wiring from the vehicle speed sensor (rear differential) to the speedometer. Did someone already replace these 2 wires because they were damaged (brown/red +...
  2. E36 (1991 - 1999)
    Greetings from Europe, I have a BMW Z3 2,2l from 2001, the speedometer seems to be dead. (everything else works properly: oil gauge, fuel, RPM etc) more details: first the issue was intermittent..., now it is always there. I did the "self test mode", the needle work properly, so the...
  3. Cars - Private Party
    Very nice example of a Z3 with very minor imperfections that has lived in Alabama for all 23 years of its life. I have put many hours into keeping this car as perfect as a 23 year old car can be. Very enjoyable car to push while still remaining near the speed limit. The exterior has one ding on...
    $15,000 USD
  4. E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
    Hi everyone! I am having issues with my aux fan on my 2.3 z3. Basically what happened was i let the car sit in idle with the ac on and after about 10-15 min (usually i don’t idle that long but had to take care of something fast) i noticed the car was starting to overheat and was about to go into...
  5. New Member Introductions
    Hey all, My name is Leander and I purchased my Dream car last week: a 1999 Z3 Coupe in Boston Green, therefore I thought it was a good time to introduce myself here On this forum. My car is (as far I can tell) mechanically in decent shape, it just has been sitting in a garage for 5 years. It...
  6. E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
    Hi! Anyone have any experience with steering column and power steering issues on a vintage Z3? After spending $1,600 to replace PS pump ( there were no leaks) and replacing steering wheel ring housing (slip ring was rubbing on steering column housing), it is even worse with tightly wound...
  7. E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
    Hi guys, I have a transmission light on my dash (yellow/orange gear with an exclamation point) and I was told that there are 2 codes present at the moment: 1 for the break light switch and 1 for a torque converter lockup - I was told the mechanic will most likely need to pull the entire...
  8. E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
    Hi. Does anyone know where I could find instructions or video on how to replace the speakers behind the seats of my 2001 Z3? Thanks in advance JTrean
  9. Z3
    recently have discovered a ticking sound coming from I think the hydraulic lifters, it’s a really annoying sound but I’ve tried the bleeding method already + I just did an oil change ( used the right oil and amount ) it’s a 2000 bmw z3 2.5i 6cyl manual if all that matters Anyway if anyone...
  10. E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
    Good afternoon I posted this on a couple of dead Z3 forums and I mostly just want to share my enthusiasm for this build. Lemme give some back story, I bought this car in college, it's a 1.9L m44 Z3, I took my wife out on our first date in it. I've had it for 15 years or so, but I haven't been...
  11. New Member Introductions
    Bought car 1997 Z3 drove 90 miles watching the dash for any problems, none. Next day took Grandkid for ride top down and no problems that I noticed. Came out of house hour later water under my car and it's dead. Jumped it drove it and almost immediately went to red. Overheating. No smoke...
  12. E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
    Backstory; I have a 1997 Z3 and it stopped cranking when I took it to a mechanic for a front-end repair. After taking it to 4 different mechanics who all promised they could figure it out, I parked it under a shop for the past year. (Don’t bother hitting me with the ‘I would have made him fix...
  13. Z Series
    Hi, I have a 1999 z3 coupe that got damaged in a storm. Branch crack glass. Can't find the passenger blade window for a couple. I purchased one off of ebay, just to find out it came out of a convertible, which is not the same glass, even though bmw put the same numbers on both glass blades...
    z3
  14. E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
    What is this warning light?
  15. 3 Series & 4 Series
    I am looking to buy Z3 rack with 2.7 turn. Let me know what you got?
  16. Exterior
    Looking for trunk rack for a '98 Z3. Either a chrome in good condition or stainless steel. If you have one to sell or know of one available, please PM me. Thanks, Dick
  17. E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
    Hi all, I'm new to the forums, but have seen some great trouble-shooting tips here, so hoping I can get some tips here related to my Z3. I have a 2001 2.5i with a brake issue. I've had it for a while but finally got around to trying to actually fix it. Initially I could drive down the road...
  18. E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
    Recently bought a beautiful 2000 Z3 and would like to get locks fixed. The driver's side lock cylinder won't turn to lock or unlock either way. The Passenger side door will turn right to unlock, but won't turn left to lock. The trunk lock (of all locks) is the only one that works great and...
    z3
  19. BMW Coding and Programming
    Hi you all, my Name is Timo from The Nethelrands. I am working on my second Z3. It is a 2000 automatic US Import with a M52TU25 engine. I have done number of jobs, like replacing the worn steeringwheel, dying the seats, solving the play on the seat rails, stop the leaking from the...
  20. E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
    I have a 2000 Z3. I took my car to my mechanic and he said I needed to change my MAF because of some issues I had been having and the airflow codes it was throwing out. So I changed the old one out with a brand new one and thought awesome! It ran better and I was excited. The next day I had an...
1-20 of 344 Results