BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 64 Results
  1. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    Hi, new BMW owner here! I recently bought a 2010 X5 XDrive 35D with what I thought was a vacuum leak putting it in limp mode. Great way to enter BMW ownership, I know. :P Anyway, I eventually found out that the real issue was the SCR was clogged and made a lot of backpressure as a result...
  2. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    I'm about to fit new glow plugs and the controller into my E70 2013 X5 35D with 160k miles. I've put off the job for 2 years after the first glow plug code because I was scared of electrical fitting that you can't see at the back of the inlet manifold, and I thought the glow plugs were only...
  3. X5 F15 (2014 - 2018)
    Hi there- Looking to gather a list of items I should consider replacing as I am (rapidly) approaching 100k on my 35d. Anything specific come to mind? So far, no major issues aside from an oil leak that revealed itself this week (currently trying to diagnose where it's coming from) 2015 X5 35d...
  4. General BMW Questions
    Hey ya'll, I would love any thoughts on maintenance for a 2011 X5 35D. I just bought it, it has 150k miles, and seems to run well. I know it needs an oil change, but other than that I'm not familiar with BMW diesel engines. What would you recommend going through and checking? What type of...
  5. X5 F15 (2014 - 2018)
    Question on the X5 35d - Anyone have a 2014? Are there any issues in the 2014 model that were corrected in 2015 and newer? Or are they essentially the same?
  6. X5 F15 (2014 - 2018)
    has anyone seen this x5 35d thanks for the help in advance
  7. Cars - Private Party
    this is a longshot but im looking to buy an x5 35d, miles do not matter too much as long as its is deleted and maintained but preferable below 200k, only features i ask is for navigation, heated seats + steering wheel. must be within 6 hours of Minneapolis, MN. Colors combos do not matter
  8. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    I have a 2014 X5 35d with 67K miles. It's been indoor garaged since I bought it and always have done the required maintenance. I love the car and would like to own it for another 100K miles. I drive only 8-12k per year so that will be about 8-10 years. What do I need to do to get there, besides...
  9. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hi guys, having some challenges with the car. - Checked vacuum lines, seems fine (vacuum pump gives and holds 28 in/HG Vacuum in the line) - Changed the 3 solenoids The on/off for Compressor bypass plate The variable for Turbine Control Valve The variable for Wastegate...
  10. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    2009 e70 x5 35d started throwing some codes today. Cleared them to see if it was a one time issue and they came back. Keep in mind that the car was not thrown into limp mode and there was no sign of any issue just the engine light. They came when the car was parked. I am going to check the...
  11. BMW Diesel Owners & Enthusiasts
    So while I had my NOx sensors replaced two/three weeks ago under BMW's warranty, the technician told me I most likely needed and SCR (not under warranty). He told me take the car, drive and see if the CEL comes back and it did several days later. I cleared the code and forced a regen on the...
  12. General BMW Questions
    Bit of a heart stopper; Autobahn 240 kph, uphill, slight judder then no power, rev’s at 0. No reaction from accelerator, Electrics OK, hazards on and drift to hard shoulder. Attempt a re-start, engine starts, then stops. Time to abandon the car, lock and unlock, attempt a re-start - engine...
  13. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    New to the forum and new to BMW, we recently purchased a 2011 X5 xDrive 35D. Great little SUV/SAV whatever they wanna call it. But I cant leave well enough alone. For some back ground info i have custom tuned our vehicles myself for the past several years and have also ventured into doing...
  14. BMW Diesel Owners & Enthusiasts
    Hello, Looking for some clarifications if possible. Been reading the forums and I got analysis paralysis. Been having some fun trying to pass smog and I think I'm close however I can't figure out the following: 1) Can my 2012 X5 35d pass smog test with the " PM Filter " still not set? Talking...
  15. BMW Diesel Owners & Enthusiasts
    I've been having injector failures. I replaced #5, then #1 failed, and now #4 is giving me grief. I decided to pull the remaining injectors and have them tested. When I did, on three, I found a silver shim in addition to the copper gasket. Any one encountered this? I see a note in the NewTIS...
    35d
  16. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    Having a problem with my 2011 x5 35 D. When kicking to full throttle like on ramp entry or passing a car. I get an engine malfunction. My power reduces and my diesel becomes a dog. If I Cycle the power it resets and is fine. Persistent cel. Took To the dealer for a recall and they reported...
  17. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    Have been getting an intermittent CEL, after a scan, found 47C4 & 478E codes. Any ideas or where to go next? No noticeable difference while driving, no reduced power.
  18. BMW Diesel Owners & Enthusiasts
    I know many do NOT use additives and some do. This is not to start a additive argument. I do use certain additives depending on my own research. That being said when I first bought the 35d, I had heard great things about Opti-lube. Also heard it was a waste of money based on an outdated Spicer...
  19. BMW Diesel Owners & Enthusiasts
    This has been discussed in several places, but I cannot find through much searching BMW forums and even factory specs in several magazines and websites. Can someone tell me for sure, what year the BMW x5 35d changed from a 6 speed to an 8 speed transmission. A friend call with a 2012 and even...
  20. X5 F15 (2014 - 2018)
    Hello, I bought my car brand new back in august 2015, almost 4 years ago. The car currently have 66K miles. About 6 months ago @ 60K, the check engine light turned on and the car was giving an error code P02D3 $07E8 "Cylinder 4 Fuel Injector Offset Learning At Max limit" I did reset the...
1-20 of 64 Results