BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 412 Results
  1. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Hey everyone, so I'm facing some strange issues with my entertainment system. Ignition - everything works. I can poke around the computer, set up everything, radio plays. Engine start - computer starts randomly freezing up, radio stops playing, other sound outputs also freeze and I can't control...
  2. 5 Series
    Hey everyone! I have a BMW E60 with the basic sound package. I have heard that all BMWs from 2006 ish use the same door speakers for all models and that you can buy Harman Kardon speakers from newer models and just plug and play in the older models. Is this true? If so, what are the best...
  3. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    I bought the E61 a few months ago and I absolutely love it. It did have the clogged sunroof drain which did fry all of the modules in the back. When I first got the car I was unsure how to get the radio working. To fix it I learned it was a MOST failure due to the MULF module in the trunk being...
  4. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Hi, I have a 2008 bmw e93 and it came equipped with a parrot ck3000 evolution handsfree kit with steering wheel integration (audicom SW101C). Last week I accessed the parrot menu by pressing the Up and Down buttons on the steering wheel, the radio (Professional unit) displayed "Telephone...
  5. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hello all, so I just bought a 2006 awd 530xiwagon. The radio has no function the display will pop up bmw logo and stay there for awhile and eventually go black. Plus there's a battery drain that occurred after installing new oem radio. The idrive nob also turns freely, it has no stopping point...
  6. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    Im looking to install a rear camera for my E46, i have bought 2 from amazon but they all have a really bad 720p-ish resolution to them. Does anyone have or know where to buy one that has a 900p+++ resolution? I have the Avant 4 android 11 7" head unit and a 330i sedan 2001
  7. E28 (1982 - 1988)
    I have a 1987 535i that needs a new car stereo. I recently ordered a RetroSound Grand Prix M2A, but I want to listen to SiriusXM. There isn't any way to get SXM on that unit aside from via the Bluetooth connection. I have a dumb phone and won't be upgrading to a smartphone any time soon...
  8. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    Hey i just bought a board monitor for my e46 2003 320d with part code 65 52 6 934 410 and im looking for the adapter from the business radio cable to the 12pin blue and 12pin white connector as shown in the picture,if anyone knows how are they even named so i can actually buy them or a link to...
  9. General BMW Questions
    I swapped the display on my instrument cluster with ease. I was missing a few orange text dots on my Radio’s MID so I bought a new display for it to exchange. Regardless how many times I reseat the ribbon to the MID board it looks exactly like this picture. It l leads me to believe that the MID...
  10. E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
    New to me Z3 2001 w/ AM/FM Cassette Business Radio. The reception is lousy. If I play audio from my phone thru a bluetooth adaptor the sound is good (given the dinky speakers). Radio reception is lousy with only the main local FM stations coming in, forget about AM. I think I have the standard...
  11. E34 (1989 - 1995)
    When I originally purchased my 1993 BMW 535i it came with an aftermarket radio that sucked, absolutely destroying the bass past a certain volume, it also was super ugly. I saw a very interesting YouTube video were Simeone transplanted a Bluetooth chip into an oem radio while keeping all other...
  12. 1 Series & 2 Series
    My 2013 1 series radio has started to turn off every few minutes at regular intervals. Anyone any ideas what the issue might be? Bluetooth, aux etc also stops working, screen goes black and red writing appears on display but disappears too quickly to see what it says. Have taken it to get looked...
  13. Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics
    I have a 2006 bmw 530 xi sedan vin # WBANF73506CG69624 and the volume knob on the radio wasn't working properly when i bought the vehicle, several months later the radio started making loud noises the moment i opened the drivers side door. i purchased replacement speakers, a pioneer stereo...
  14. X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
    Hi i have a problem my bmw is a x3 2004 3.0d no nav no bluetooth installed and no warning lights on the dash when i bought the car the radio didnt play any sounds it catches the radio channels and displays the name but there is no sound there is also no door ding if my car is even suppose to...
  15. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Hello! So I have an E39 523i from 2000, and while there are many problems with it, this one is perhaps the most annoying one. A few weeks ago I bought an FM Transmitter that I could use to play music with via my phone, but when I paired the stations, I could only hear the music for like 2 or 3...
  16. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    I've had sound issues with my 01 530i touring since i purchased it back in dec last year. When i turn on the car, the radio plays only through the rear speakers in the boot for anywhere between 1 - 10 seconds before all sound cuts out. My setup is the 16:9 unit with nav, cd changer, no dsp, no...
  17. 6 Series
    Hi Internet. I have a persistent issue with my BMW 650i Convertible (but I'm sure it applies to any BMW with the CCC iDrive & Radio Systems) I use 'Radio' and 'Head Unit' synonymously. I am referring to the stereo/control unit behind the Dash, which connects to the 'Screen' above. Last...
  18. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    I had my car serviced at the dealership yesterday. Since then, my radio won't shut off when I turn off the car and open the door. The owner's manual is referring me to another owner's manual that I don't see online. Surely someone knows how to make the radio stop when the car's shut off, without...
  19. E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
    Hi, so on my BMW E64, a SOS malfunction light came on and then the radio stopped working. Like when I go to Entertainment, it won’t let me use ( FM, AM, WB, SAT, and CD), and I was wondering if anyone knew how I can fix it? I’m not sure if this question has already been brought up but I though...
  20. 3 Series & 4 Series
    Hey I have a 2001 BMW 325 CI and I’m having issues. Sometimes the car won’t start and sometimes it will. Also randomly while driving my radio will cut off, brake light dash symbols both turn on, and my seatbelt symbol will flash at me. Whenever this happening the car will also randomly bog down...
1-20 of 412 Results