BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 45 Results
  1. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Years ago I realized my error in filling the expansion tank to the top, resulting in two expansion tank replacements along with two radiator replacements within a two or three-year period (yeesh). After learning this very costly lesson I never overfilled it again. Unfortunately, after picking my...
  2. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    09-30-20023 Need help with diagnosis. I have coolant discharging from the expansion tank tube. Any suggestion on the cause? Notes: Replaced expansion tank because of a 4-inch crack. Performed the bleeding process for 12 minutes. (Conducted 2 times) During the bleeding process it would push...
  3. E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
    Hi guys, I'm considering running ethylene glycol without water, at atmospheric. I live in a warm place. Yes, it's possible, here in Australia they make a coolant that is used straight without H2O. So, do you think I should keep the plastic expansion tank? I lost two in the past, first because I...
  4. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    Maybe it will save someone some time and headache. It all started with check engine light and lean codes... I am sure it sounds familiar! I have 2001 330CI convertible. It needed to pass inspection and it so happen that it was December. Since the car has spent it's early years in Florida not in...
  5. X3 F25 (2011 - 2017)
    2011 BMW X3 xDrive28i with N52 Engine and I'm losing a very small amount of coolant. Expansion tank hose was getting rubbed by wiring harness and was seeping a very small amount of coolant from the damaged area. There were white spots below. Anyone else every experienced this? Made a video of...
  6. X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
    I have a 2014 BMW X1 Sdrive. I purchased about a month ago, it had a great service record... always serviced at the dealership on time. So everything appeared great, until I was driving up to Park City, Utah. The car over heated I pulled over and had it taken back to my house. It pulled the code...
  7. X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
    2004 BMW X3, 6 speed manual transmission. Coolant leak at bottom of expansion tank, slow drip when cold, but gushes when the connector is pushed. Check out the video / gif. Drip appears to stop once engine warms up. Hoping its just o-rings, but not sure if the flex in the mount / connector is...
  8. E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
    Hi All, New member (actually for my son's car). The car is a 2006 Z4 3.0Si. I started replacement of the expansion tank due to a leak and when I was about to install the new tank I found the thermostat for the trans oil cooler is broken. I've ordered the part and in the meantime want to...
  9. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    It started with a split expansion tank, which I replaced with after market. The upper vent hose wouldn't seal over the fitting because the o-ring was not flexible after 11 years. O-ring was 12mm ID x 3 mm thick (18mm OD) and is not readily available through any channels in less than several...
  10. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    Okay I'm going to make this short and sweet the housing "that doesn't need to be replaced" (see picture) I chipped off a little piece off the top while trying to get the bottom half of the broken thermostat out. will that matter when I go to put new reservoir on?? with the sealing. So in...
  11. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Hi Folks; I replaced my radiator, thermostat, cooling lines and fan a few months ago. I used the zionsville kit with the 2 speed electric fan. So far it's worked great, temps are good and it's tight as a drum with no leaks. Only problem is I get a "Check coolant level" warning on every start...
  12. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hello everybody, I am new to BMW and this forum, please bear with me while I explain the situation. My brother recently bought BMW 5 series 523i 2007 model, it has 60k miles on it. I don't know what was he thinking before buying it as ever since we got it I see issues after issues. We got it...
  13. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hey guys, The patient: 2008 550i, Manual Transmission, 72,500 miles The Symptoms: The car threw a Low Coolant warning so I check the tank and sure enough it was low. At this point I was 85 miles from home so I figured it was a slow leak because we made the trip on Friday night. I topped it...
  14. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Hey guys, I recently picked up $800 worth of cooling system components from Zionsville Autosport. This included: - a Stewart/EMP high-flow, stainless steel water pump ($195) - Zionsville aluminum fan shroud + Zionsville welded aluminum expansion tank ($346.50) - SPAL 16-inch fan + "Auxiliary...
  15. X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
    Here are the lessons I learned while changing my Expansion Tank (08 X3/E83) Global Imports Atlanta takes returns on unused parts - Level Sensor, Cap, Transmission Thermostat. Buy everything and return what you don't need/break Lower Hose can be difficult to re-seat: Give it several good tugs...
  16. 7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)
    Hi all, new to the BMW world. I just picked up a 2001 740il. Love the car but last week the bleeder screw broke in half and leaked coolant everywhere. I replaced the screw super cheap and thought I fixed the problem until the following day the expansion tank cracked. I read up online and...
  17. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    Hey. I have a 04 BMW 325ci. I've noticed that there was dry coolant when I had popped my hood around my expansion tank etc. Seems that I'm losing MPG & that my car isn't accelerating as fast IMO. I've noticed lil wet spots around the expansion tank and seems to me that it's leaking from the...
  18. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    I've searched the forums but can't find an answer to my question. I very recently replaced my radiator because it had a little hairline crack that was leaking. So I changed that and also had to replace the thermostat so it wouldn't overheat. I then had to replace the hose that goes from the ET...
1-18 of 45 Results