BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 40 Results
  1. F10 M5 (2012 - 2016)
    I have a 2014 model that just hit 100k miles yesterday. I noticed a little bit of blue smoke after idling for about 5-10 minutes and then revving or accelerating the car. The first rev produces the smoke and then it is fine again. No other scenarios where I see that smoke again. I’m suspecting...
  2. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hey guys, hope everyone’s doing well. It’s been a while. Starting to notice some severe, cracking/dry rotting on the rubber seals around my front and rear windshield. Primarily the rear windshield. Has anyone ran into this issue? If so, how did you resolve it? Is this something you can do on...
  3. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    Does anyone know what this seal is, and where I can get it? Front fender under the hood seal??? Its from a 2013 535xi
  4. E30 (1982 - 1993)
    Hello! E30 325i convertible 1987. When I shut my roof down with my windows up all my windows seat great. When i undo and do up my drivers window again it's going over the roof seal creating a gap that could let in at least a lego figure (theiving gits those lego figures) Looks like the window...
  5. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Hi guys, Excellent tutorial and quality information like nowhere on the internet. I've just bought a 2008 335i E93, and after some days I've noticed a small crack in the rubber sealing in the middle of the roof, on driver's side (see attached pictures). There's no leak associated with this...
  6. E30 (1982 - 1993)
    Hey guys, I am new to this forum so hope it helps me out with my new project! I removed the steering rack from my car due to a severe leak. I purchased a seal kit for it and I am currently trying to disassemble it. I have been following the steps from a Classic Bimmer Bits publication...
  7. X3 F25 (2011 - 2017)
    Hi, Has anyone replaced the rubber tailgate seal on a F25 X3 ? I cannot find any videos or instructions online. Does the lower sill have to be unscrewed and inclipped or can the seal be pulled out and new one installed without unscrewing and unclipped? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  8. 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
    Hi All, I'm about to replace the valve stem seals on the N62. I found two brands for the TOOLS : 1) AGA - link (well known, seen on many diy) 2) Kommen tools (link) Seems like they have almost same components. I'll probably go with AGA, but by curiosity : Has anyone used the Kommen...
  9. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    Hey got my bmw brakes serviced and was told that my differential is leaking. So is this covered under the Comprehensive package? Would it just be the seal? They won't tell me unless I pay £150 to check it. Image on link below. Tinypic not working...
  10. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Got all the parts except the "tool" Does anybody has a crankshaft seal install / remove tool kit for rent? they are such a specialty tool to buy. thanks.
  11. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    So during my timing chain guide adventure for my 03 540i I took the opportunity to get another set of valve covers, powder coat them, and get all shiny. Seems like I got a later year 740 cover vice the 540 as there is a "slight" difference that I failed to notice until now... Can you see it...
  12. X3 F25 (2011 - 2017)
    Not sure if it is from the door itself or the cargo area. But I just purchased the car and noticed the wind noise when I am driving on the highway. It almost sounds like a strong blowing fan. It makes my ears feel like there is a window slightly cracked and it is quite uncomfortable. If anyone...
  13. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    t took me 3 whole weekends to replace the valve cover and timing chain cover gaskets on my 545 (bad back forces me to take long breaks)! It was such a PITA! I think I did okay... but how the hell am I supposed to tell? I can't see the edge of where the valve cover meets the cylinder head. All I...
  14. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    Hi, Yesterday I tried to retract sunroof - it jammed but (thankfully) reclosed. Looking at it today, I can now see what's happening: The front section drops down as normal. However, the back of the front section is dragging down a corner of the sealing strip which sits on the front of the...
  15. 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
    Hello. Do you know of anyone in the south Florida area who can replace my valve stem seals on 07 e65 N62 for a very reasonable quote? I have the parts and can get the AGA tool kit as well. Please let me know. Thanks
  16. Tools and Miscellaneous
    Hello! I am looking to purchase an AGA N62 Valve Stem Seal Tool Kit to replace the seals on my car. Thanks!
  17. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    Hi! I have a peculiar problem I'd like to solicit your advice for, please. For the 3rd time in about 6 months I had to take my 2013 X5 to the dealer because the rear door seal was leaving black marks on the bumper. First 2 times the dealer fixed and cleaned the issue. The last time...
  18. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    First post. My '09 E70 has the fairly common problem of wind noise at speed. I have the new seal but haven't been able to solve the rear sunroof panel removal. There are some great threads on seal replacement on here but thus far I haven't found any simple explanations for removing and replacing...
  19. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    I'm replacing my radiator today and I notice the pull clip on the lower hose is missing. The connection is still tight. Is it ok to drive like this for a few days? Can I get replacement clips ? The seal was really tight without the clip.
1-20 of 40 Results