BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 160 Results
  1. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    I am trying to nail down BMW's recommended spark plug replacement schedule for a B46 engine. Helpful info is appreciated! My 2019 F34 330i has 32k miles. Dealer service advisor read my fob and reported that spark plug replacement is due at next oil change (soon). iDrive would not indicate...
  2. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    Hello, I have a 2011 f10 535i xDrive, and would love to know if there is a maintenance guide on what should be replaced when so that I can best take care of my car. Thank you!
  3. G30 (2017 - Current)
    I have a 2019 540 MSport and abiut to reach 53k Miles of maintenance. Dealers are extremely expensive these days. What does it consists of and the cost? Please help since I’ve been dissatisfied with dealerships lately.
  4. M3 & M4
    So I love my car, but dont want to be poor due to having repair costs. I just had the intake gasket replaced on my M4 2016 with 55,000 it was $4500 at the dealer. OUCH im sorry that hurt, Worried about the next big repair. What is the average life span for M4 and how much for repairs should I...
  5. General BMW Questions
    Hey ya'll, I would love any thoughts on maintenance for a 2011 X5 35D. I just bought it, it has 150k miles, and seems to run well. I know it needs an oil change, but other than that I'm not familiar with BMW diesel engines. What would you recommend going through and checking? What type of...
  6. E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
    I went to a shop that only works on BMW's to get my splash cover re-mounted on the underside of my 2006 E64. He told me that he noticed these problems while working on my vehicle, and said that their severity on a scale of 1-5, 1 being an absolute disaster; is a 2. Naturally this scares the shit...
  7. Do-It-Yourself H.Q.
    My 328d is fast approaching 150,000mi and I’m looking for what everyone here has discovered as key maintenance items for your F30 at that mileage. I’ve already done shocks/struts with mounts, bump stops, and bearings; springs; brake rotors, pads, and e-brake shoes/hardware; and am planning on...
  8. 3 Series & 4 Series
    I am considering selling my F30 for an older BMW. Something like an E46. I am new a new BMW owner and have heard that the E46 is one of the most desired eras. If this is true, I would enjoy having an older car simply for the joy of doing my own repairs. Since I was in high school, I have done my...
  9. X5 F15 (2014 - 2018)
    2018 X5 50i owner here. Bought CPO. I know what to expect from the life span of BMW's brakes. I'm happy with them on other BMWs. Haven't had issues. For a big, heavy car the size of an X5 or 7 series, I don't anticipate the brakes to last longer than 20,000 miles. If it makes it longer than...
  10. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Okay so I have a couple of questions that I’d appreciate if anyone could help me out with. 1. My airbag light comes on, but only after about 5 minutes of driving. And stays on until my car is turned off, but it’s never on when starting the car. Not sure why that is 2. my 4x4 and abs and brake...
  11. G20 (2019 - Current)
    I'm not sure if this is a cause for concern or a bad gas pump at the gas station and wonder if any of you all have any advice? I got gas for the first time on my BMW 330e as most of the time I do shorter trips, enough to run it on full electricity. When I got home, my garage smelled like...
  12. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    I have a 2013 328i xDrive at 38k miles. I bought it at 16k miles. My user manual doesn't mention anything about maintenance schedule. I looked it up online but I can't trust the 3rd party websites trying to sell me services I don't need. Is there an official BMW source for the schedule? I...
  13. General BMW Questions
    Hello All, I currently have a 2013 BMW 320i at around 75k miles. I am due for a oil change here in the next week. What other services do you think I should get, I am planning on getting new brake pads and rotors within the next week or two but what else should I do. I changed the transmission...
  14. F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
    To make a long story short, I found a great CPO 2020 230i w/ Performance Package, Premium Essentials, and a manual transmission I wanted in the province over. I searched for around 2 weeks and found nothing local, and all prospects would have to be shipped to me. All in, the 230i is costing...
  15. General BMW Questions
    just bought a new to me 335i m-sport and just got this code. Im a pretty mechanically inclined person. ran the code and searched it up and a bunch of forums were saying it was the thermostat. I did just buy the car 2 days ago so I havent had time to do a good total look over. could low coolant...
  16. X3 F25 (2011 - 2017)
    2011 BMW X3 xDrive28i with N52 Engine and I'm losing a very small amount of coolant. Expansion tank hose was getting rubbed by wiring harness and was seeping a very small amount of coolant from the damaged area. There were white spots below. Anyone else every experienced this? Made a video of...
  17. General BMW Questions
    Hi guys, just leased a new 840i 3 years 36k miles. I def feel like i got hustled into buying the maintenance upgrade . The finance guy had told me he guaranteed that i would need new brake pads, fluid, etc within the 36k miles (which isnt covered by the original warranty). I did some...
  18. E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
    I just bought a 2004 645 Convertible with 55,000 miles. It is super clean and runs like a dream. But that only last so long without doing the little things that a 16 yr old car needs. Every time I buy a used car or truck I jack it up, slip underneath and start replacing anything that...
  19. General BMW Questions
    Hi everyone, Just purchased my first BMW and am super excited - we test drove the car for about 10 seconds before falling in love. 2018 BMW X1 xDrive28i with the M Sport package CPO at ~35k miles with 2.5 years left on the warranty and 4 months on the maintenance plan Given it's my first BMW...
  20. General BMW Questions
    Hi Guys, I'm new here and I had bought an X3 4 yrs ago. Now the 4 yrs 50k miles warranty has expired. I had bought an extended warranty and sales person convinced that i don't have to worry for 6 yrs and 100k miles :) But looks like things are much more complicated as extended warranty...
1-20 of 160 Results