BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-13 of 13 Results
  1. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    My 330i 02 had a huge leak on the driver side yesterday morning. I thought it was just motor oil because my car does leak on occasion. I went to drive it for about 10-15 min and the steering had pretty loud moaning noise but it was still driveable. Today I tried driving it again and the steering...
  2. E36 (1991 - 1999)
    Hi Everyone It seems my 328i has developed a power steering oil leak. When looking from the bottom, it drips off the coiled metal pipe running across just below the rack, but seems to be originating from the bottom of the reservoir, with the rubber pipe running from the bottom of the reservoir...
  3. 7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)
    1997 BMW 750il/ Power steering fluid flowing out from line above splash guard,on drivers side right below drivers seat/door. I pour it in and it flows right out,I guess from what I see there are additional lines that the power steering fluid flows thru to some sensor or something . I want to fix...
  4. 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
    I recently had a warning message come about fluid loss in power steering/suspension. I checked and there does seem to be a slow leak coming from around the area of the front passenger side tire. It seems to be power steering fluid. I brought it to my mechanic and he said the issue is the...
  5. 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
    My 2007 BMW 750i has a slow leak in the power steering fluid. I see it on my garage floor. It may only be a few drops but has gone on for a long time (years). I've brought it in the the dealer twice, but they can't find the leak. Any ideas where this type of leak could be coming from? Thank you
  6. E30 (1982 - 1993)
    blower blows ( not very hard but it blows) my question is is it suppose to get warm? mine does not warm up .is the because bmw doesn't want rear plastic window to melt? my GUESS is the internal heart elements,if any, are broken looks like cheap easy fix , just not sure if its suppose to get warm...
  7. Do-It-Yourself H.Q.
    New to the forum, thanks for any advice in advance! Over the last week I have been having issues with power steering fluid leaking after driving for a bit. Seems to come out of the top of the reservoir and pool down from there. I have gone through a liter of CHF this week. Up until today i...
  8. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Alright guys, brought in my recently purchased 2003 525i 6 cylinder 2.5 L with 130k miles to the dealership. Went to get some new windshield wipers and let them inspect it, basically going to recite the list the gave me Price Replace Power...
  9. E36 (1991 - 1999)
    Hi all, new to the forum and I'd like to try to fix my power steering issue myself before I result to paying a mechanic I don't know if I can trust or not. My power steering has a leak that appears to be coming from the hose that attaches to the reservoir. I'd like help on an easy way to get...
  10. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    No, this is not the typical slow leak from the bottom of the PS fluid reservoir, but it probably started that way. About a month ago, during my regular oil change, I noticed that telltale sign of PS fluid making its way down the front hose going to the radiator. No big deal. I just crank down...
  11. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    2006 E60 550i 6spd man, Active Steer/Susp, 49K mi, bought CPO 36K mi 2009 My 550i has started piddling PS fluid on my garage floor and apparently, the neighborhood. About a month ago, it displayed a diagnostic warning about low PS fluid (dash graphic showed tilted vehicle on a triangle). The...
  12. E28 (1982 - 1988)
    I'm currently searching for a high pressure power steering hose for my '83 533i that just gave out today. After countless phone calls to local BMW dealerships, International Parts dealers and even Bavarian Auto, quoted a 2-3 week wait for part to arrive at $180 roughly. Before I commit to...
  13. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Q: Does an ATF leak onto the E39 alternator cause the alternator to fail? Q: Can we test if this is true? Cn90 questioned the existence of the alternator bearing Chinese PSF torture in this thread today: > E39 (1997 - 2003) > Alternator Replace 2003 530 So, this thread is...
1-13 of 13 Results