BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 357 Results
  1. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    So I recently bought a 2016 BMW F10 and my instrument cluster was in Spanish. So after collecting some information, I learned that changing the Idrive language changes the cluster as well, which it does, but only for Spanish and French, the only other two languages apart from English. However...
  2. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hi, I'm brand new to the world of BMW vehicles. This past week I bought a 2009 BMW 528i xdrive and it came with what I'm assuming is an aftermarket head unit. When I received the vehicle I tried to get into idrive but when I tried to use the menu button on the controller or touch the display...
  3. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    Hey everyone! So I have a 2011 F10 pre LCI with CIC, and I've been trying to update the combox to UPD01008.bin in the hope that it may solve my Bluetooth issues (phone disconnects after a few minutes). The BMW website doesn't recognise my VIN, so I found the file online. However when I plug in...
  4. General BMW Questions
    Previous owner has Retrofitted Pronav into my 520D 2014 F10. Car came with business nav from factory. Previous owner has lost the original idrive. Issues with Pronav now. I want to retrofit a business nav from eBay, and put the car back to standard. How do i do this please?
  5. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    Hi guys, Im new member here. I have upgraded my screen to an android 12.3”. Now when I go back to iDrive (original interference) the text and some icons are missing. See the pictures. I have tried to select different size of the screen in android screen but still the same. Thanks in advance
  6. 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
    Hey All, just wondering if anyone knows if TMC/traffic info is available in Canada. I have a BMW 750Li 2006 (E66), and I don’t understand how it works. When the phone is not connected, I see TMC on top of the iDrive screen with one red dot. When the phone is connected via bluetooth, the red...
  7. X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
    Hi all, A few weeks ago I had my first encounter with this issue wherein after a 5 hour trip and then re-starting the vehicle, the control display screen did not wake up: no radio, no backup camera, no aux, nor did I even get any chimes for seatbelts etc. At first it only took a few minutes of...
  8. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Ever since I've bought the car, any time I would try to change the vehicle settings such as the DRLs, locking doors after driving, or unlocking all doors with the key fob. The setting would change and show that it is checked and then after a second or two it would revert back to its original...
  9. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    As the title says, my iDrive screen flickers from time to time. It is barely noticeable, but I catch it with my side eye sometimes. I could not find anything similar to my problem. Any ideas how and what to look at? No errors or whatsoever.
  10. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hi all, So my iDrive died a while back, cycles through black screen and BMW logo constantly. Just back from my mechanic and he's given a list of four part numbers for the radio/head unit and said any one would work provided the front of the unit looks the same as my old one. New ones cost a...
  11. F20 / F21 1 Series (2012 - Current)
    2 weeks ago I went away for 5 days leaving my 2017 1 series on the driveway. When I returned, the car was in full working order except for the iDrive screen which had gone completely black. I tried the reset but nothing came of it. The next day I get in my car and the screen now flashes the "No...
  12. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    My current e60 setup: CCC TCM with SOS Button - sos error but bt calling works flawlessly NO MPM - MPM is bypassed to just serve the power to the radio all the time through 15amp fuse Why is it bypassed? - no clue, idiot before did that for some reason - prolly burned MPM. So - as a good...
  13. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    Hi All, As some of you may know my 35d ownership experience has been a love/hate sort of affair. The car has been great since I last posted except for one thing... the iDrive keeps randomly resetting itself! This issue first popped up about 6 months ago after I washed the car and sprayed out...
  14. Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics
    Hi all. I installed an aftermarket headunit for my F10 535d with CIC system. After installation by myself, the Android headunit itself works, but when I double click on the menu button/press My BMW try to get to iDrive menu, it just show black/blank screen. I did not disconnect the battery when...
  15. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    Hi all, any help with this pls? Some electronic issues with this car, and I'd like to sort it myself if possible. 1.The idrive was upgraded to Pro from Business nav. Everything works but my Carly is showing that the USB/AUX isn't activated. (Although they work). How do i activate it? 2. Looks...
  16. General BMW Questions
    I have a 2006 bmw 330i I have no power to my screen but have power to dvd player I’ve replaced fuses everything has power bought brand new screen that not fix it stuck and lost at words. Also replaced the battery to a good one that was no fix
  17. X5 G05 (2019 - Current)
    If this is a re-post, it's definitely worthy of one! So I just got a Pixel 7 Pro and went to set it up on my X5 and :mad: no joy (my previous Samsung set up with no problems). After a shiit-ton of faffing about while running errands, back home, I found this procedure buried in the google...
  18. G30 (2017 - Current)
    Hello friends, This past week I got in my car, and the Apple CarPlay is not working. My phone connects to the iDrive system, and I am able to receive calls through the car. The only thing that is not working is my phone will not play music through Bluetooth or show Apple CarPlay, my navigation...
  19. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    I'm finding it hard to find a straight answer anywhere so if this has been discussed somewhere please do let me know! I just bought a 2011 328i xdrive without the idrive system and am looking at doing one of those android headunit retrofits. However, as many people mention there is double loss...
  20. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    Hi, hopefully someone on here can help. I have a 2010 530D F10. Some time ago the idrive controller stopped working, but the head unit and controls as well as the steering wheel controls still work fine. After looking at you tube videos I tried to clean the circuit board in the controller...
1-20 of 357 Results