BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 22 Results
  1. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    Hello guys, Here to seek some usefull advice from you smart lot ! . I have a 2012 plate BMW 5 series (520d) M sport. My AC was not working after a few months (air comes but not fully cold) . I refilled the AC at BMW dealer, however, it didnt work.. it still gave out warmish air. I took it to...
  2. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Hi all, having a conundrum hoping you can help out. I removed my dashboard trim and center console to run a set of wires for custom switch I've mounted in the center console cubby. I had to unclip quite a few wire harnesses (2 from the dashboard trim, multiple from the center console). I've now...
  3. 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
    I have a 2002 BMW 745i with about 130,000 miles. It is in good shape and runs well. I am having a problem with my A/C. The A/C runs fine, but on longer drives (greater than one hour) the A/C stops delivering cool air. The blower works, but no conditioned air. I have brought the vehicle to...
  4. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    I just purchased an '08 BMW 528i e60 from a non-BMW dealership. The air conditioning didn't work so the dealer recharged it. At first I could smell the freon and it seemed to blow cold air, but after a day it isn't working. They checked it again and said it's still fully charged (no signs of...
  5. E34 (1989 - 1995)
    My a/c has not worked since I purchased my car 2 years ago (awful right?) My dad has been working on my car all weekend and we cant seem to find what exactly is not working. He says the compressor seems fine and that it might just be an electrical problem. Any suggestions on what I should be...
  6. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    Hello, A week ago the a/c in my car stopped working. The display still lit up but no air would blow out the vents in the front. Oddly, the rear vents would still blow cold air. This lasted a few days until suddenly I started the car and the front vents were blowing. However only the drivers...
  7. E36 (1991 - 1999)
    before we get into the really hot weather and get a gazillion threads about ac repairs, please take the time to read this and use it as a guide. i have done ac repairs for about 15 years, including many, many retrofits from r12 to 134a. i do not believe there will be much of that to be done...
  8. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    Has anyone been able to keep the ac engaged at idle when this happens? it has proper pressure. cools great running up the road on hot days. freezes you out at night. it just keeps going warm every time we come to a stop...any tips???? it's a 2000 328i... thanks. dale in Va.
  9. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    I sure hope someone can help me out. My AC is not blowing cold, the pulley down by the belt is working fine, it turns on when I turn the air on and everything but it just won't get cold. I charged with freon and it didn't want to take any,....
  10. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hi, I live in Atlanta and it's 100 degrees. During the day, my AC feels like a 100 pound dog is breathing on me. It barely gets cold at all. At night or when it gets cooler, it's freezing. I have to turn the fan down to 1. I've had the freon exhausted in the last 2 months and replaced twice...
  11. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    I have a 2005 E90 3-series BMW For the past 2 months my battery indicator has been appearing most mornings, and on one occassion I had to call out a recovery company to jump start the car. The recovery company checked the alternator and said it was all fine. The car starts , and the battery...
  12. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    I am so sorry to everyone get bothers by the caps writing before lol, here is what happened, i have a 2003 530i , i wash the car interior by water and liquid soup, when i turn the car after that, the air conditioner start work on the last fix temperature on high speed fan through the windshield...
  13. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    I have a 2002 540i. The air conditioning has worked fine since I have bought the car, never had any kind of problems. I took a quick trip to subway the other day and rode in a nice air conditioned car, when I got back in to head home the fan would not blow any air out of the vents. So again...
  14. X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
    Hello everyone. We have a 2005 X3 2.5l. Recently, when we turn the AC on, it has only been producing cool air out of the two drivers' side vents. The passenger side appears to be producing warm air. This is a new issue, and it is NOT a dual-climate-controlled car. AC works great for the...
  15. E36 (1991 - 1999)
    Just bought a 95 318 i and when trying to re charge, the green indicator light on dash shuts off when I am trying to ad new refrigerant. When I release all the pressure, the light comes back on............................Stumped any suggestions to troubleshoot?
  16. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hey all, I leased my first BMW and I've had problem after problem with my climate systems. I custom ordered the car and it has 60k+ miles. The Problem: the A/C is never cold (keeps leaking) and the heat isn't warm. The heat blows cold. My A/C is always low on refrigerant even with the...
  17. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    hEY ALL, So i made the mistake of recharging my a.c without doing my home work. I got one of those kits from autozone ( with the Guage) and followed the instructions. It started blowing cold air, but it really didnt kick in till i got on the freeway. I figured it wasnt all the way full. so I...
  18. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    Hi everyone, Had to use my a/c for the first time since I bought my e46 today and noticed that the passenger side vents both blow cool air , whilst the drivers side vents are blowing warm*******t air. I have looked thru other forums and have seen similar probs but no solutions?! Is this easy...
  19. E36 (1991 - 1999)
    Hey everyone. I came into ownership of a 1997 328i convertible. It's been great. Lately the air conditioner panel inside the car has been acting up. While driving the panel will cut off power and then a few seconds later come back on. Or, I will cut off it's power and it will come back on all...
  20. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    I believe I have have a self-inflicted Air Conditioning issue. I noticed my air conditioner was only blowing warm air today when taking a ride for lunch. I set the temp on both passenger and drivers side to 60 degrees and only warm air with the fan on full blast. Usually it's very cold only on...
1-20 of 22 Results