BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 477 Results
  1. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Hey fellas, I got a issue with my aux fan. The car was throwing up a DME activation, electric fan. Then I found out that the fan wasn't Evan plugged in. Plugged it back in and reset the code. No more DME code, but the fan still won't turn on. The fan doesn't do a test spin when the car turns...
  2. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    If i connect a smoke tester to the intake boot will that move smoke throughout the whole intake manifold or do i have to connect to other parts of the engine/Vacuum Lines? I'm wanting to make sure my intake manifold is not cracked.
  3. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Hi all, I have a 2000 528i with the m52tu engine. My issue is that on cold starts after the secondary air pump shuts off, I get idle surging that drops down to low rpms and quickly pops back up. It does this for a minute or two then idles completely fine. I dont have any lights on the dash...
  4. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    I have a 2000 528i with 220k miles and I am wanting to replace ccv and the plastic coolant lines underneath the intake manifold. Do I have to worry about the plastic intake manifold cracking when I remove and reinstall it? I just had to replace the valve cover because of a small crack, hense why...
  5. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    I needed a new battery and meineke said they can do it. Took it to the shop, got the battery replaced and left. Everything seems fine and I am assuming it was coded and registered like it should be. But I went to unhook the battery to replace my camshaft sensors and solenoid actuators, and I...
  6. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    Hey all this is my first bimmer. I love it. I'm a huge bmw fan and I never saw it coming. My 2011 528i has been great I bought it with 120k miles it now has 150k I'm having problems with the heater which led me to look under the hood when I noticed this sound when I had not before. Can...
  7. General BMW Questions
    F10 2013 528i I am noticing when I put the AC on Max AC the fan blows hard at first then starts to ramp down but I am not changing the fan speed. It will go all the way off then start blowing again. The ac is still cold and the auto function works the car is just automatically changing fan...
  8. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    Has anyone installed INST+ on a Microsoft Surface Pro. It's specs support the install but wondering if anyone else had any insights. I will be primarily diagnosing a 2014 BMW 528I (F10). Will I need an ICOM next since the surface pro does not have a ethernet port? Thanks in advance for any insights.
  9. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hello, I'm E60 528i owner in korea (As far as I know, it says 525i in the U.S.) It was made in 2010. I tried to update the cic to c1a for combox installation. I used winkfp comfort mode, and I made a mistake in the middle. I should have put in the VIN number, but I didn't put it in by...
  10. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    my car wont turn over it will crank for a while then give up i have a feeling it has something to do with the fuel i have a good battery new starter new alternator i put new gaskets on some fuel injectors that where damaged i just changed the starter because it was cranking but it had a loud...
  11. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    Hi there everyone .... I just noticed in my paperwork, that the dealer Noted that I had a: Check Engine Warning Light, Codes ID2402 and ID 2404. The remedy was the thermostat and antifreeze coolant / warrantied. Zero cost to me. They never told me they did this, and I do look over the...
  12. General BMW Questions
    Sorry if this seems vague but, are the crankshaft sensors and camshaft sensors the same sensor? Can you use one for the other? I've been looking online and if I look for a crankshaft sensor, a camshaft sensor pops up. They look very similar and have similar functions so...
  13. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    Hi, Very amateur repair guy here... Recently, both of my headlights have started to wander. It appears to be a mostly horizontal wander, but perhaps a bit vertical too. When driving at night the driver's side headlight seems to be pointing to the center right of the car. Then after a few...
  14. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    I currently own a f10 2011 528i and there’s this noise I hear when the car accelerates after coming to a complete stop, whenever the car shifts to second gear I hear it from inside of the car and also there’s a slight pull when this happens. Besides that the car shifts smoothly once it takes...
  15. 3 Series & 4 Series
    Hello I have a 2000 e39 528i and a 2000 e46 323i and I was wondering how hard it would be to switch out both engines with the trans into each other and what all I would have to do, also i plan on boosting so idk if it would be better to just keep the 323i and take the zhp trans and just boost...
  16. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    So I have a 1997 528i with an m52 engine. If I let it sit for four hours or more, I have to cycle the key for about 7-second increments and crank it twice to get it to start. I replaced the fuel pump(not the entire assembly), fuel filter, and fuel pressure regulator, and tested the injectors...
  17. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    I recently got my drivers license and Im looking at couple of E39s right now.. I would want to know if they are good first cars and if they are worth it.. And also which one is the best 525i,528i,530i and i would want some info about it. Thanks in advance.
  18. Cars - Private Party
    Hello all, it is tan interior alpine white exterior. I bought a full vavona wood kit from another e39 so it would go well with the tan as originally intended. I also bought an alpina front lip, m5 lip spoiler, a m5 rear diffuser. I had to get new brakes but before i did it was a rainy day and...
  19. 5 Series
    I just bought a bmw 2014 528i with the M-Sport Package used and it has 77,000 miles on it LAST Night I was driving in sport mode and I had a Hyundai Elantra that was probably around the same age as my "LUXURY SPORTS SADAN" want to race! Sadly, they WON, they were able to drive faster then I...
  20. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    The 99' has half the miles (75k vs 150>) and it also has the technical update that the 98' didn't, nevertheless other than the 99' being an automatic and the 98' a manual, could this swap be done? My mechanic told me there are things that might not be able to accomodate as a result of the engine...
1-20 of 477 Results