BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 168 Results
  1. 5 Series
    Hey everyone! I have a BMW E60 with the basic sound package. I have heard that all BMWs from 2006 ish use the same door speakers for all models and that you can buy Harman Kardon speakers from newer models and just plug and play in the older models. Is this true? If so, what are the best...
  2. 5 Series
    Hi folks, need your valuable insight please.... spec: 2023 540i (custom build) with 6000km to this day, took delivery last July and brought her in for an oil change after she did the 2000km break-in. The idrive tells me the oil level is good (on the max line) how i drive: I absolutely baby...
  3. 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
    Hello everyone my audio system on a 750Li 2006 has been pretty bad ever since I bought it used. At low or high volume , I hear crackling and popping from pretty much everywhere. Definitely not quality audio. I’m thinking of upgrading the entire audio system and was wondering if anyone has...
  4. E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
    About a year ago I purchased a 50k mi. 1999 2.8 z3 roadster (5-speed) and I love almost everything about the car except for the sound. It really just sounds like a big vacuum cleaner until you get past 4k RPM and you can barely start to hear the engine but even then it sounds meh. I don't want...
  5. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    2008 528i N52 As the title says I'm interested in making my exhaust a bit louder than it currently is. About 5 months ago I went ahead and did a muffler delete. Have to say was shocked how just removing the muffler made it Pop and Burble. Love how it sounds as well. After a few months of...
  6. General BMW Questions
    Hey I just got myself an e60 520i. As my car has Been left idling i have noticed a strange sound from the rear bumper. Its a High pitched noise that only occur once every 30 second or so. The sound is just one single beep. I cant exactly tell where the sound is coming from but its definitly from...
  7. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    Long time reader, first-time poster! My 2004 325xi wagon is making a strange "honking" noise, I can't find any similar noise on forums or YouTube. There are 162K miles on the odo. It seems to be coming from the left-hand side of the engine bay towards the rear. Here's the video. Can you help...
  8. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    Hello! First-time poster here. As my title describes, I have a 2015 F32, and I bought it around a month or 2 ago from a dealership. I know about the startup chime and have no problem with it. But recently, I started hearing a thumping noise that's rhythmical, like an error sound on startup...
  9. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    My E92 335is with DCT makes a weird flutter/tick/fart noise on idle and when given revs. I sound isn't coming from the engine bay or exhaust. Almost sounds like it's coming from underneath the car near the downpipe area. It doesn't sound like a wastegate rattle but also not like anything I've...
  10. X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
    Hey, im new to E53 and recently i have noticed a really annoying sound coming from the speakers. I will link down a video i took of it, i really dont know how to explain the sound…. Any tips would be great, its awkward having friends in my car when this sound comes ob:LOL:
  11. E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
    alright gang so here's the deal- i've got a 2006 E64 i bought 3 years ago. previous owner was a doctor, took good care of the car, absolutely HATED smoking so he had the cigarette lighter/adapter converted into USB ports. Can't remove em, they're built into the hole. 2006 E64's are in this super...
  12. Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics
    It was the "hd" option that had to be disabled. Something about the feature being glitched from factory I have had this issue since I bought the car used. The radio stations I show all work where this car is located so I know it has to do with the car itself Anyone have any ideas?
  13. E36 (1991 - 1999)
    Hello All, I am having problems with getting my Subwoofer to sound right. First I tried an 8" JBL Stage, Mounted on a board, fixed into the centre pocket hole in the rear seat, removing the Plastic box. Just sounded flat, when a bass note hits, it just vibrates, I'm guessing the air is just...
  14. X3 G01 (2018 - current)
    Hello fellow Bimmers, I come here to this group to share my experience with Bimmer-Tech sound system products that I recently bought for my X3 G01. I wish to share this with you because when I first began looking for a sound system upgrade in the fall of 2020, I could not find conversation from...
  15. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    Hi! I have a such strange problem (like diriving on a knurled road) which I hear only; 1-instantly when I slightly press/step or fully release the gas pedal after 80km/h 2-continuously when I moved to neutral gear after 80km/h Additional info: Auto transmission. Tyres are in good condition. I...
  16. E36 (1991 - 1999)
    My e36 is making a high-pitched squeaking sound at idle. It seems to go away at higher RPM's (or I can't hear it over the engine noise). It also seems to go away when the engine has been running for quite a while. The car seems to drive fine, and there are no lights or codes. Alternator...
  17. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    Hey everyone! gonna start off with, what seems to be, a mandatory "I'm new here"-text at the start since this is my first post. So hi there! i'm glad to be here. So then, to the topic. Currently i have a Volvo XC90 and while i've not had a bad time with it or anything, i do want to have...
  18. General BMW Questions
    Hi, I used Bimmercode to disable startup warning message and change animation in Head Unit Display of my 2014 F10. Since then the audio/sound/volume output has decreased to 50%. It's down for everything Bluetooth, HDD, Radio, USB. I have a Harman Kardon system and immediately noticed the...
  19. 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
    Hello,recently i started to get a crackling sound from the front right passenger seat,the crackling sound started to appear from the rear speakers,now im only left with 1 working speaker at the drivers seat,is the problem the ask unit or amplifier,i dont have logic 7 and i dont even have the...
1-19 of 168 Results