BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-16 of 17 Results
  1. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hey all, I replaced my alternator about two years ago and have noticed some of the wires on the outside are beginning to corrode / have some of the coating eaten away. Is this something to be worried about? I'm wondering if there's a shield that can be put over it. The only thing I can think...
  2. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    After returning from a 2 months trip & picking up my car from the airport car park my brakes were juddering severely. Recovered into BMW & was told all the disc need replacing after 22,000 miles due to corrosion.. I raised a complaint to BMW customer service & the dealer however they said it...
  3. X5 F15 (2014 - 2018)
    I'm trying to find a unicorn for my wife: certified '14-'16 X5, diesel, 3rd row, multi comfort seats..silver, gray, or white (or blue). I found one in northern NJ and one in central PA. Based on snowfall the past 3-4 years, I'm concerned about corrosion from salted roads. Anyone have any...
  4. 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
    Just wanted to post this in case it might help someone... My rain sensor wasn't working right. It seemed to work at the same rate no matter how much rain was falling. When I tried to initialize it using INSTA it said that there is a hardware fault and I should replace the sensor. Luckily I had...
  5. 7 Series - E23 / E32 (1977 - 1994)
    Thank you for including me in on this really cool web site. Here is my question on a 1991 735i BMW I took from a customer who could not pay me for services so the car looked good to square his bill up. I always liked BMWs but this is my first. I decided to keep it for work travels from home to...
  6. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    The window trim looks like a semi gloss/flat black (like the wiper arms) I'm getting corrosion between the trim and rubber, and because they are $100 + tax each, going to sand and paint and see how that looks. Any suggestions or tips?? Thanks P.S. Does anyone else have this issue> BMW said...
  7. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    The window trim looks like a semi gloss/flat black (like the wiper arms) I'm getting corrosion between the trim and rubber, and because they are $100 + tax each, going to sand and paint and see how that looks. Any suggestions or tips?? Thanks
  8. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Hi I just came back from the dealer and here's their diagnostic: http://imgur.com/QbG1eKh apparently corrosion on the battery cables causes my air bag light to go on, BMW confirmed this. My question to you all is, is this a simple part replacing/cleaning the corrosion off job or do I need to...
  9. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    Hi guys, Have a 2013 X5 M sports. The 20 inch alloys that come standard with it have all got corrosion in the centre. BMW are changing all my alloys for free but they are not forthcoming and letting other customers know about this. Suggest you speak to your local dealer and get this sorted...
  10. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    Hello all who may be able to assist me in what is the worst thing i could have asked for. Recently my wheels have been getting white, calcium-like stains on my m3 wheels. It wasnt much at first, and a friend of mine - a self proclaimed can-do-it-all man offered to help. He ended up putting BBQ...
  11. E36 (1991 - 1999)
    Ok so I'm posting for my brothers 1997 328is. So he had told me he was having trouble with his tail light and I was like yeah I'll take a look, made an awesome find of a unearthly amount of corrosion on his positive batter terminal and some of his bulb holder were a bit rusty. So now the weird...
  12. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    Just dropped my F30 2012 328i for a corrosion recall (its more of a prevention and protection recall from what I was told). Btw, there is another thread on a similar topic, but it seems like they are talking about corrosion of the seats whereas I was told it was related to the undercarriage. I...
  13. E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
    Bought my z3 from a used-car dealer in June 2012, wet floor at first heavy rain. Got to wonder what the dealer knew and wouldn't reveal. Got a new top, leaks were sealed, no more water. Then my ABS system started going bonkers, first with very short brake applications, then finally the ABS and...
  14. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    Unwanted Exhaust Mod, Or: How I learned to stop worrying and love road salt I'm a little surprised at the use of plain, old steel machine screws for holding the electric actuator in place for the exhaust flap. As you can imagine, mine have failed after 2500 miles and exposure to road salt for...
  15. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    Hi all, I have a 2004 BMW 325i. I went to the dealer when a check engine soon light came on. They said that both the tail light connectors were corroded and needed replacement. They estimated the repairs at 465$. Is there an easy way to fix this myself or go to another place for a low cost...
  16. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    Hello, I am new to Bimmerfest and hoping to find some mechanical assistance. The 6 prong pigtail plug that connects into the left rear tailight housing has failed. The brown wire experienced some corrosion at the connector and then a short occurred on that wire/prong connection...
1-16 of 17 Results