BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 312 Results
  1. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    Hey all this is my first bimmer. I love it. I'm a huge bmw fan and I never saw it coming. My 2011 528i has been great I bought it with 120k miles it now has 150k I'm having problems with the heater which led me to look under the hood when I noticed this sound when I had not before. Can...
  2. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Since I bought the car there has been loud noises coming from the back of the car but only when I'm driving over like 30km/h, the guy I bought it from said it was a wheel bearing but turns out it wasn't. so i've been looking for a new/old diff. but apparently there is 4 different kinds of...
  3. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    I'm getting the Valvetronic motor clicking noise when unlocking my car with a P1017 CEL - There is a service bulletin that describes this, posted below - When I try to perform the Valvetronic run in limit test with ITSA+ 4.32.15 and ENET cable I receive the following error with the engine...
  4. 7 Series & 8 Series
    So i just disconnected the fuse to my driver side door. The soft close was no longer working and made this u g l y noise. My rear passanger door is starting to do the same. With all the research and diagrams i have looked out i cant seem to find what fuse i need to pull to stop that noise. 2012...
  5. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hi, I have a 2003 E60 530i with a M54B30 engine, it has a weird screeching/rattling sound, but only under medium to heavy accelleration, or when on a slope, regardless of the car being in P R N or D. Then noise is not created when in reverse for example, I know that this car had been neglected...
  6. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    So about 2 months ago I drove through a flooded part of the road (didnt realize how deep it was) water definitely got into air intake and I drove it another 4-5 miles before reaching destination and letting it sit. Tried cranking it 2-3 x next day and it would start but eventually stall out...
  7. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    Hello, I'll try to make this quick, but recently, my E46 has been making a high-pitched ringing noise. I've tried testing it on different ignition modes, but the noise persists across all of them. It sounds similar to when your ears are clogged or ringing. I'm not exactly sure what the problem...
  8. X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
    Anyone know if this is normal sounding m47 engine? To my ears its seems like there is a slapping or ticking noise? What do you guys think.
  9. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    Hi all, Wondering if anyone could be of help in diagnosing the cause of this noise. Only occurs for the first 30-60 seconds after a cold startup. The car has been to multiple garages but nobody has been able to diagnose it as the car has been warm when arriving. Has been making this noise...
  10. E36 (1991 - 1999)
    Greetings all, Recently came to the conclusion my one way check valve to prevent oil from draining from the head (keeping lifters primed) whilst the engine is off has obviously failed and is allowing oil to drain which in turn causes my lifters to savagely dry contact lash the cam lobes on...
  11. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    A few weeks ago while driving my beat up, passed down E60, I heard a loud pop as I was driving. Upon further inspection, it seemed that one of the bolts that hold up the sway bar bearings snapped into the subframe which caused the sway bar to come down and hang on by one side. Being the 2nd time...
  12. E46 M3 (2001-2006)
    I have an e46 engine 02 and it has lots of problems that I can't figure out. Were some days it runs fine but others it's a miracle that it's running, and this changes day to day. But the mane reason for post is the air or wind noise I'm hearing in the middle of the intake manifold. It's...
  13. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    Long time reader, first-time poster! My 2004 325xi wagon is making a strange "honking" noise, I can't find any similar noise on forums or YouTube. There are 162K miles on the odo. It seems to be coming from the left-hand side of the engine bay towards the rear. Here's the video. Can you help...
  14. General BMW Questions
    Please help me with these creaks, I have tried to fix some of them including the center armrest, but this noise seems to be from the doors or the windows. Please let me know if anybody else had the same issue and how did you fix it. Find the video here: E92 Center Console Vibration Noise PS...
  15. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Hi everyone ! First of all please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong section (this is the first topic I write). I have been trying to identify a noise coming from the rear interior, on the righr side, precisely above the right rear wheel. This noise only occurs on small bumps and also...
  16. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    So I bought a used 05 530i a few months ago and have been hearing this odd noise coming from either inside or in front of the dash on the passenger side. Symptoms: A noise that is hard to describe. It sounds like if a buzzing, a humming and a ticking noise were all mixed together. Maybe throw...
  17. 3 Series & 4 Series
    Hi everyone, Recently purchased a brand new 4 series (2021). About a week ago, I started noticing a strange whining noise which sounds like brakes but probably isn't. It sounds like it's coming from the inside of the car and only when the A/C is turned on. It doesn't appear all the time, but...
  18. 3 Series & 4 Series
    Hi everyone, if you’re taking the time to read this post, thank you. My car has been making a noise that has been coming from The driver side in engine bay. It happens often on acceleration but is completely gone at idle. To me it sounds like a playing card hitting a bicycle spoke at high speed...
  19. E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
    Hi guys, new 645ci owner here. Today I changed the vacuum pump and vanos seals, fitted a new thermostat and CCV's, and then took it for a test drive. It was a bit more peppy and car runs really well. When I got back it was making a really high pitched noise from the passenger side. Doesn't...
  20. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    e90 2008 335xi 165k km Hello, sometimes while driving (every now and then) I get this odd low beeping sound coming from near my dash. I noticed it happens in every mode except "park". It gets louder near the vent at the end of the video. If anybody has any ideas what this is and how to fix it...
1-20 of 312 Results