BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 500 Results
  1. 5 Series
    Hi guys I recently bought a 2006 bmw 525i i parked it here running fine left it in my garage overnight and it won’t start now It’s showing low battery in the cluster but my battery is fully charged Cluster isn’t lighting up completely either Disconnected the ibs but nothing change I have a...
  2. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Tell me if I am crazy. E61 2006 530xiT with rest feature showing an Aux pump code. Problem is, I don't have an Aux pump. I assume since my radiator fan is running all the time that it is actually a code for the main water pump and the 2 are the same. Can anyone confirm?
  3. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    I'm about to do my next oil change. I am hoping someone can give me a safe way "step by step" to flush my engine of gunk debris etc.. in my 08 550i before my oil change? Thanks!
  4. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Currently I'm running Mobile 1 0w-40 European Formula. In my 2008 550i I live in North Carolina, so it's winter months right now. But I'm about to do my next change. What is your guys opinions? Should I just continue using this? Or does anyone else run this oil? I haven't had any issues with...
  5. 5 Series
    I may have messed up very bad.. I filled my 550i up with coolant it was a little low. But without me knowing some how my lower radiator hose clip popped up while on the highway causing the lower hose to separate from the expansion tank, and let loose all the coolant that was in the car. I only...
  6. BMW Coding and Programming
    Hello everyone, I have an e60 M5 with an US cluster which I would like to convert to EU Spec. I'm in the process of getting a second speedo in Euro Spec (I don't want to buy "new" cluster gauges; or rather, I haven't yet found a company that prints the M dials like the original ones, i.e...
  7. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Replacement of lower cover seal front windshield on Bmw E60. This is easy DIY maintenance, few things need to be careful to not damage or scratch the windshield or the paint. You have to dismantle wipers, cabin filters and covers in order to replace the front windshield cover!
  8. General BMW Questions
    Hey! I have a 2004 545i manual (sports package if that matters) and it’s so much fun to drive especially after I did a bunch of overdue maintenance and repair from the last owner. Please read to the end Anyway, my problem: there is a vibration at almost exactly 70 mph, pretty much 68-73 mph...
  9. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hello All, I wanted to purchase rims for my existing tires. All 4 tires are replaced right before 5000 Kilometers. My rims are already in somewhat bad shape and causing a car to shake when being driven above 90km/h. How should I determine which Rim will be going to set on my car? I have 2007...
  10. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hi! Ever since I bought my car, my electric steering column won't telescope outwards and it's locked al the way in which isn't that comfortable to drive with my height. The up-and-down function still works flawlessly and I hear the motor doing its thing. Ive taken the bottom half of the...
  11. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hi Everyone, Long time lurker first time poster.... I've owned my E60 530i manual for a couple months now. Bought it cheap knowing it had issues, but getting to the bottom of them is making me hate it... Main issues are the common Steering lock fault light, and an EBC (Dynamic brake control)...
  12. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    My car has a vacuum issue as the valve cover for the n62 has changed at some point. The old one in the box has the pcv valve built in to the cover and on the new one you can see its removed at first I though it just didnt need it as the sides are connected but I recently learned they make a hose...
  13. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hi, I've been having TCM issues with 5088 gear position sensor acting up. I have already done the diagnosis with mechanics and now im looking for a used or new TCM unit. I have heard that if the part numbers match up, there is no need to program it into the car. My tcm part number is 0260550003...
  14. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    So cold weather struck my country fast as hell and many vehicles including mine wasn't prepared for it. BMW 5' E60 530D (M57N2) SEDAN, EUROPE, AUTOMATIC GEARBOX, 2005 31th of December, 2023. Around 3PM I decided to start my car and go on a trip to another city to celebrate New years, it took...
  15. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    My ‘04 545 with SMG (140k kms) works perfectly when it is cool but when it gets hot (or even warm after 40 minutes of city driving, it refuses to shift or stay in gear or bounces in and out of N to 3 or 4. If I let the car sit for 45 minutes it works fine until it warms up again. It is...
  16. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hey guys i recently installed a aux kabel and a andriod CCC system i got a E60 03 520i look that the video below i have been searching for awhile now but i cant find a solution online maybe U guys van help me Or maybe i got the wrong aux kabel or can i disable that switching or is my radio...
  17. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hello, I am trying to see if someone has clue about what is going on with my LM2 module I installed. I recently ordered a LM2 module for my E60, I programmed it and changed the FA and VIN to match my CAS addresses. The car communicates with it and the welcome light sequence works, for a few...
  18. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hi guys, recently did some upgraded stock location inlets on a 6MT 2008 535xi sedan. I opted to remove the engine as there was other work to be performed and to clean as there had been massive oil leaks from everywhere. I dropped the engine/transmission/tcase on the subframe and performed my...
  19. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    I have an e60 2005 520i that has no previous fault codes. I was trying to check a few things on inpa. So becasically I went on the activate menu on inpa and activated what was in there and all of a sudden the dsc lamp came on it just stays there. I tried to clear the fault and undo what I did...
  20. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Well I have a somber update regarding the lengthy posting I made above and I'll be short and to the point. Yes it turns out I had a few things go wrong all at once on the night that my car's engine just shut off while driving on the freeway home at night. My alternator had crapped out and it...
1-20 of 500 Results