BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 298 Results
  1. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hey guys, I’m replacing my master cylinder. Is it normal when reinstalling the new unit to have to apply a lot of pressure to get the master cylinder to fully seat correctly? I had to push it in with a good amount of force to get it to bolt down flush..it feels like I’m pushing it into the push...
  2. General BMW Questions
    First time BMW owner got a 2021 G80 M3 comp 27k miles, the dealer refused to replace the brakes and he ended up resurfacing them like an idiot. I need to replace all four rotors, pads, and sensors. If anyone could provide any recommendations or advice i would appreciate it. Should i just get...
  3. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Hi all, BMW e39 530i 2003. I got the famous ABS trifecta. (Not the first time) I’ve changed the abs sensors, the abs module has been rebuilt in the last year and a half, and life was great. Recently, the trifecta came on. I scanned the abs module, and it came up with error 51, pressure...
  4. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hey guys, looks like I'm going to be replacing the master cylinder soon. Anyone know of good brands to look for? Ive only come across TRS.. I know different brands make good replacement parts but dont know much about this part... thanks
  5. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hello Guys, I have an 07 BMW 525i with 68k miles that has been sitting for about a year not running with intermittent issues (started with rough idle bouncing rpms, loss of power, long crank no start, then went to no crank no start). I was getting VVT codes and entire bank one misfires which...
  6. 7 Series - G11 / G12 (2016 - current)
    Since I re-did my brakes a month ago, I am noticing a strange thing with my rotors / pads. See photos below. When left out in the rain, the rotors get a thin layer of rust on them (normal for any steel rotors I have seen), but I can tell by how fast this rust wears off that my pad to rotor...
  7. 7 Series - G11 / G12 (2016 - current)
    I re-did my pads and rotors and decided to polish and clear coat them for a cleaner look. I used a buffing wheel on my bench grinder and Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish. Then cleaned them thoroughly with rubbing alcohol and then acetone. I then used a 2 part (2K) clear coat specifically for...
  8. General BMW Questions
    I recently purchased a 1994 325is so I'm doing all the basic maintenance and little things to get this thing road worthy. I noticed that when I bought the car, the brake pedal was kinda soft and had a sound of air escaping while being pressed. First thing I did was change the brake fluid, the...
  9. X5 Hybrid
    (deleted)
  10. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    I have a 1998 540i (E39/M62) with 145,000 miles on it. I need to replace some bad brake lines and, while I’m there, it only makes sense that I flush the brake fluid. I don’t think it’s been done during the life of the car. I have the Bentley manual which very clearly states that the ABS module...
  11. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Last week my ‘02 530i started having a squishy brake pedal. The fist 1/4 of travel seems to do nothing, but then at the 1/4 point, the brakes grab hard and are very touchy. The pedal only seems to be squishy for that first 1/4 of travel. The day after I first noticed this, the pedal felt fine...
  12. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    I have an e90 318i with a few issues: At speeds above 40 km/h (25 mph) the steering weel starts vibrating, it feels almost like a small back-and-forth jerk with a little bit of side to side action. After driving the car there is a burning smell coming from the front of the car (NOT oil, I've...
  13. X3 F25 (2011 - 2017)
    I'm doing regular maintenance on our F25 and its about time to do the rear brakes. I'm planning on replacing the pads and discs, and did the rounds on YouTube videos (Thanks BAV Auto!) and went through the steps in ISTA+. Everything matched up except for torque specs. According to ISTA+, the...
  14. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    328i E90 4 door sedan. Replacing brakes and rotors. Have already purchase Zimmerman rotors. Need to purchase new front and rear brake pads. Not sure which ones to get or what brand. I'm looking for something low noise, low dust, good gripping power for everyday driving. Drive a lot on the...
  15. G20 (2019 - Current)
    So, all of this is new to me. I do not do forums, but I am desperate (and amateur as you will see). I have a 2021 M440i xdrive (overall the most impressive daily driver I have ever had by the way, just my opinion from my experience).... I drive a ridiculous amount and I need to replace my...
  16. G30 (2017 - Current)
    What’s up people?! So I have a 2017 G30 530i Xdrive (my first bimmer) and I believe I’m at the point where I need rotors. Don’t really need anything high performance, but don’t want baseline either. Googled them and was a little overwhelmed by all the brands and types. What really has me curious...
  17. 3 Series & 4 Series
    Hi everyone, Recently purchased a brand new 4 series (2021). About a week ago, I started noticing a strange whining noise which sounds like brakes but probably isn't. It sounds like it's coming from the inside of the car and only when the A/C is turned on. It doesn't appear all the time, but...
  18. General BMW Questions
    Purchased the X1 on 11/1/21 with 47k miles. 6,000 miles later brought the car in to get the rear brakes fixed by my local BMW mechanic after service warning and BRAKE light on. Mechanic is stating: - REAR PAD SENSORS READING 700 MILES OVERDUE. FRONT PAD SENSORS ARE NOT DETECTED BY SCAN TOOL...
  19. 5 Series
    So I don’t have all the details because this is a occasional problem but my brakes are squeezing at idling speed. At higher speeds if I brake down to a complete stop faster then Normal my steering wheel will shake but not all the time, this only sometimes happens. Also when normally driving for...
  20. G30 (2017 - Current)
    Could someone tell me how to manually release the parking brake on a 2018 540d? Yesterday I got in my car and hit the button to release the parking brake. Much to my surprise, I get a warning on the screen saying that it is malfunctioning and that I need to call a dealer for service. Have yet...
1-20 of 298 Results