BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 46 Results
  1. 3 Series & 4 Series
    hey everyone, im a mechanic but i have no background on anything bmw. i have a 2010 335i x drive with transmission that just killed its clutches. i have a replacement trans on the way but the ecm and tcm have been tuned. now what do i need to do in terms of re coding the new transmission so that...
  2. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    I have a 2012 328i. When in idle it will occasionally surge and the rpm's will jump from about 500 to 1000. It will even stall out occasionally. I am getting a drive train malfunction and the check engine light in on. I am getting a system too rich bank one code (P0172) and an air flow too...
  3. Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension
    Sorry, wrong forum
  4. Cars - Private Party
    2009 BMW 328i | E90 | White Exterior | Red Interior | Navigation | Window Tint | 89k miles :) :):wave::wave: Selling my wife's white 2009 BMW 328i with 89k miles. Car has dark red interior with all-windows tint including lifetime warranty (transferrable), and BMW navigation system option. Car...
  5. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Hey squad. I own a 2007 blue-metallic 328 and am looking to buff out all the minor scratches that I bought it with from the previous owner. Does anyone have recommended products you use for yourself? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
  6. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Hello! I have a pretty irritating problem which I hope someone is able to help me with. :eek: One day my trunk stopped opening. - When pushing the trunk open button on my el key the trunk makes a sound, but does not open. - Same goes when I use the physical open trunk button above the license...
  7. 7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)
    Good evening, I'm the type of guy that loves all that is German, especially if it has an M/// anywhere on the body. I recently got to know the joys of driving one of BMW's more beloved models: the E39. Mine specifically was a 528i that I named Lilli due to it's Alpine White color and it's also...
  8. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Hey guys need a little advice here, I'm looking at two 328i's 2010 at 70k miles 2011 at 90k miles They are both relatively the same price and the 2011 has sport package and memory seats that the 2010 doesn't. How does 90k miles look on a 2011? What major maintenance should I anticipate? Im...
  9. General BMW Questions
    Hi all! I'm a sophomore at Duke University and a huge BMW enthusiast. I'm starting a service that matches car buyers with inspectors who can evaluate a car's condition. For example, if you're interested in buying a BMW 3-series remotely, you could hire a factory-trained BMW technician to...
  10. Cars - Private Party
    Up for sale is our beloved 335D. Absolute joy to drive - refined w/ perfect mix of fuel efficiency and power delivery. This is my wife's daily driver from Wilsonville to Hillsboro (averaging 30-31mpg)(Seen 38mpg on highway-only). Purchased locally and has been serviced locally. Smiles per mile...
  11. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    Hello All, Suppose you have an F-30 or F-31, model year 2016. It has the standard suspension. Suppose further that the BMW dealer agrees to install a KW Automotive suspension kit which includes customizable settings. This is not an adaptive suspension, but you can use a tablet computer to...
  12. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    I have a technical question about the adaptive suspension on the 3-series. The standard suspension includes shocks (dampers) that are adjustable based on electrical current applied to them (ie when you select Sport mode, more electricity is sent to the shocks and they stiffen). But with...
  13. Cars - Private Party
    Just bought this car in August. Realizing between insurance, general maintenance, and unexpected maintenance, I simply cannot afford a BMW. California car. General info: Silver on Black Clean title, no accidents Registered until Sept 2016 Receipts & records (including gasoline receipts since...
  14. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    Unused Parrot Kit designed to sync your iPhone to a 3-series. I bought but never installed. Designed to play your iPhone through the stereo system and use steering wheel controls. Purchased 5 years ago, I paid about $200. Includes the original DIY instructions posted on this forum. Best offer...
  15. Cars - Private Party
    Pictures at http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/5240487008.html Well-maintained 2007 BMW 3-Series 335xi with 96,xxx miles. Twin turbo 6-cylinder, AWD, automatic transition, silver exterior with black leather interior. The car drives wonderfully and handles great in rain and snow with all-wheel...
  16. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    The first thing I planned to do when I got my car was swap out the stock 17 in wheels for some 19 in black ones. However I've quickly developed a bit if crush on these little guys. I love the way the light silver (almost white) wheels look on my black car. The shape is so classic and simple and...
  17. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    I'm considering purchasing a new 3-series (I currently have 2009 328i). Now I know we're all pro-BMW here, but I'd like to hear some of the cons with the new models. What are some problems you have with it? Anything at all? Thanks!:thumbup:
  18. Cars - Private Party
    This is my first post, and I'm looking for a bit of advice. Trying to sell my 1989 325ix, 4-door, awd, with 182k miles in Anchorage, AK. I recently put about $6500 worth of repairs into it including a new transfer case and rebuilt transmission, among other things. It needs two repairs currently...
  19. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Hi First time poster (been lurking and reading for weeks) but more importantly soon-to-be first time BMW owner if all goes to plan and I find the right 3-series wagon. Perhaps I should give up my Euro-sensibilities and just find a nice automatic SUV but after a recent trip back to Europe I...
1-19 of 46 Results