BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 112 Results
  1. G20 (2019 - Current)
    Hello, When driving quietly in Comfort mode, the automatic transmission often tries to shift into a higher gear, and sometimes the revolutions drop to ~900, and a slight vibration begins to be felt. Usually, after 0.5-1.5 seconds, the engine/automatic transmission raises the revs/decreases the...
  2. E36 (1991 - 1999)
    Hi! I have a 1997 328i Convertible. About a year ago my car began to "vibrate" (when I say vibration I mean like something is knocking underneath) when accelerating from completely idle to 1st gear. Runs perfectly fine on the freeway or anything above 2nd gear. I felt the vibration in the middle...
  3. General BMW Questions
    Hey! I have a 2004 545i manual (sports package if that matters) and it’s so much fun to drive especially after I did a bunch of overdue maintenance and repair from the last owner. Please read to the end Anyway, my problem: there is a vibration at almost exactly 70 mph, pretty much 68-73 mph...
  4. 7 Series & 8 Series
    Hello everyone, recently noticed when changing my air filter on my 730d n57 strange engine vibrations. They are more like small buzzy high-frequency style, rather than heavy rattle. The vibration could be felt in a steering wheel a little. Recently also did an oil replacement, and checked if...
  5. X Series
    Looking for dome advice please!! Apologies for the long post. I have a bmw x6 f16 3.0d. Since owning it it has had a vibration throught the whole car even when rolling. In drive or reverse when it starts rolling even without pressing the accelator. When the accelarator is pressed then it goes...
  6. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    hello guys , its been 1 year that i got the car 528i n20 2012 engine but it always has this shake at iddle , do you have any idea what might cause that ,no check engine light , look at the ac tubes shaking all over the place , engine mounts are replaced and new 6 months ago. you can see the...
  7. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Dear forum members I recently bought an E60 550i with the n62 engine. The car feels good and the engine sounds good and it idles steadily. However, I have encountered a very strange behavior when I push the throttle when cruising at around 70 km/h (44 mph). When I push the throttle rather...
  8. X5 F15 (2014 - 2018)
    I've got an 2014 X5 F15 with a vibration that starts under acceleration and then gets worse as speed is increased. If I hold the throttle steady, the vibration is minimized but still there. Check out the video where you can hear the "clunking sounds" which I believe are bad rear CV joints. What...
  9. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    I have an e90 318i with a few issues: At speeds above 40 km/h (25 mph) the steering weel starts vibrating, it feels almost like a small back-and-forth jerk with a little bit of side to side action. After driving the car there is a burning smell coming from the front of the car (NOT oil, I've...
  10. G30 (2017 - Current)
    Hi guys, I have a BMW 540 a rear wheel drive 2018. I had installed brand-new cheap winter tires and the car started to shake above 118 km/h. The tyre shop told me it’s because of the cheap tires so I asked him to buy a mid category tire which was KUMHO WP72 The manufacturing date was 2022 long...
  11. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    Hi, i've been experiencing vibrations throughout the whole car when I turn off the A/C. The engine is the 4 cylinder turbo n20. The rpms drop to about 700 and the car starts vibrating. I have replaced the motor mounts, spark plugs, belts, also was thinking my alternator going bad, but it has...
  12. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    2014 328d with 362,801 miles on the clock. I have a very strong vibration under acceleration between 15-20mph but at no other speed. it started after I got the JR tune and exhaust, at that time I also replaced engine and trans mounts, both front and back rubber flex discs, and center support...
  13. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    I have 2003 540i 180k miles with leaking steering gear box so I replaced it with used one. Installation was pain in my ass but got it done. Everything appears to be fine but whenever I put the car in reverse there is loud vibration and I'm not moving. It goes away as I drive off or let go the...
  14. General BMW Questions
    Hello everyone, I'm looking to gather suggestions to diagnose a problem on my E65 where I'm pretty sure it is Dynamic Drive related. Actually while car is stand still, when I turn the steering wheel, nothing bad occurs. But as soon as I'm reaching speeds around 10/15 km/h, as soon as I steer a...
  15. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Need some input on this issue. 200K miles. vibration on accel and seam to reduce when you decel. you feel it in the seat or body so I don't think it is engine related. Has check CEL on but no miss fire codes. There is just a very small amount of play at the pinion side CV joint and has tossed...
  16. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Recently, I've experienced some new behavior with this vehicle. Upon mild acceleration from a moderate speed, (i.e., from 30 mph to 40 mph) I feel a mild 'vibration' or 'shudder' which I sense is originating from somewhere in the engine and/or drivetrain. The vibration only last 2 or 3 seconds...
  17. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    Hello, Wondering if anyone has had issues with balancing a tailshaft after replacing cv and u joints on it? Initially, I had a vibration at 30km/hr (above andbelow were ok). It was diagnosed as degraded u-joint and cv-joint in the tail shaft. I had both replaced. mechanic returned it to me...
  18. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Hi all! i got a e91 m47 I had to change my crankshaft pulley due to rubber seperation. got a new pulley, bolt, tensioner and belt. took the old one off, put the new one on. Torqued to 100nm then 120 degrees after as stated in wurth diagnoses torque guide. started the engine and the belt is...
  19. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    Hi lads, Getting a really bad vibration on the really cold mornings when cars first started up and i go from “P” to “D” and hold my foot on the break. It goes away after a couple of minutes of the engine running then smoothes itself out like normal. I have just been told that my 3 rear...
  20. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    Hi all, First post here. I have had my 2014 F31 diesel wagon since new. I love this car. There was nothing wrong with it, but then I took it to my dealer for the transfer case recall. Now, on a dead cold startup (we are in upstate NY, so 20-30 degrees F) there is significant vibration...
1-20 of 112 Results