BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 309 Results
  1. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Hi! First time posting recently bought a 2003 530i. It has navigation. The entire radio system didn’t work until I switched out the fuse under the connector behind the cd exchanger. Now the radio and cassette work but it won’t allow me to switch to cd mode. When I go back to the exchanger and...
  2. 5 Series DIY
    Ok so not sure how, but battery was installed and I think the cables may have been reversed. It was smoking for a few secs b4 it was taken off. Put a new battery in and replaced neg cable with ibs and now it will crank but not start. Please help with this issue as I am at my wits ends...
  3. Cars - Private Party
    100% of the proceeds will be donated to Dreams to Reality Foundation For Sale: 2002 BMW 530i - High Mileage, Salvage Title runs rough and needs a tow price is firm - no haggling Location: Burbank I have the title in hand Tags are current through February 2025 and the registration is in my...
    $1,195 USD
  4. General BMW Questions
    So about 2 months ago my boyfriend drove through a massive puddle. Right after he lost the clutch. We got it to the gas starion and when he popped the hood there was black smoke (and steam duh) coming from the trans. He continued to limp it gor a few days until it wouldnt drive any further. He...
  5. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Well I have a somber update regarding the lengthy posting I made above and I'll be short and to the point. Yes it turns out I had a few things go wrong all at once on the night that my car's engine just shut off while driving on the freeway home at night. My alternator had crapped out and it...
  6. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hey Y’all, I’ve got a 2005 BMW 530i with an automatic transmission that has been my daily for 5 years now. When I got the car it would go into safe mode once or twice a year and I would shut the car off, turn it back on and everything was fine with no codes showing on the generic code reader...
  7. For Sale 530i 2007

Cars - Private Party
    Good car. I put a lot of work into over the past 8 months and drives amazing. Moving and leaning towards selling here if i can find a good buyer. A few small dings around the car, chipped paint on thefront bumper. Tpms and left rear lamp light manlfunction on dash. They were on when i got it...
    $5,000 USD
  8. Do-It-Yourself H.Q.
    Hey everyone. I’m sharing my almost horror/success story that 7 months of diy repairs has my 2007 530i driving great again. I bought the car from a private seller and loved it til engine trouble started about a year in. The bmw dealer basically told me to go elsewher so i did and got it...
  9. BMW CCA LA Chapter Forum
    hey all. Im working on a 530i 2007 and lt fuel trim is rich. Neg teens. Just fixed a leak, replaced intake boot, new maf. Looking for inexpensive, free, trade, anyway to program fuel trims, ltfr is hi negative. All codes cleared. It may take time and clear up driving but i see a lot of...
  10. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hi. I have a 2007 530i and found a connector next to ccv hose inside intake loose, not fully plugged in, like pulled out. It has been at least 2 months since i would have touched this, worked on other things, not driven a lot but has been driven with plug this way. Pic from google. Im...
  11. General BMW Questions
    Hi. My E60 04 windshield wipers stopped working recently. They have been acting wierd for a while but they suddenly stopped after a few inches. When I push the lever again it makes this buzzing noise wich indicates that the motors on both sides are trying to push the wipers but they are stuck...
  12. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    I recently got my drivers license and Im looking at couple of E39s right now.. I would want to know if they are good first cars and if they are worth it.. And also which one is the best 525i,528i,530i and i would want some info about it. Thanks in advance.
  13. 5 Series
    Hey guys, new here. I’ve been holding on to my 2003 530i for a couple years trying to figure out the transmission. It’s got a 5hp19. 162 k and I realized now that the trans has solenoid 4-5 shot. There’s a guy who mentioned having a trans from a 2005 330xi. Does anyone know if this would work? I...
  14. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    Hi all, I have a 2012 530i 6 cylinder petrol F10 (272bhp) and would like larger wheels for a bit more of a sporty look. If I bought some second hand F10 18s (or even 19s, although I’m less keen on the likely harsher ride with 19s) can I simply swap them with the 17s and everything will work...
  15. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    I have a 2007 BMW 530I that I wish to install a manual transmission in. I know I need a new driveshaft, clutch, flywheel, and transmission, however I would like to know if there are any other parts required and where to source them. And if there's anything I should know or look out for before...
  16. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    So I bought a used 05 530i a few months ago and have been hearing this odd noise coming from either inside or in front of the dash on the passenger side. Symptoms: A noise that is hard to describe. It sounds like if a buzzing, a humming and a ticking noise were all mixed together. Maybe throw...
  17. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Hey so I'm kind of lost at this point and I've read A LOT and I'm either reading the wrong things, cant find the right things, or am very slow. But either way I've decided to finally start a post. So I messed my car up and basically I ended up going with the option to shell swap. I crashed an 03...
  18. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    THE TRANSMISSION GEAR LIGHT IS ON, WILL NOT SHIFT INTO GEAR WITHOUT MANUALLY RELEASING THE EMERGENCY LOCK UNDER THE SHIFTER, IN "D" IT IS CONSTANTLY STUCK IN ONE GEAR - 2ND OR 3RD (?). THERE IS A NOTABLE "KICK" WHEN SHIFTING THE LEVER FROM "P" TO "R" OR "D" POSITIONS. THE CAR DRIVES 20-30MPH...
  19. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Hello! I am in desperate need of some advice on how to deal with a Secondary Air Monitor that will not run. I need the car to pass smog for state registration but I'm having incredible difficulty in setting this monitor. It's one of two monitors that won't run (EVAP and Secondary Air) and...
  20. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    My e60 530i won’t start. Cranks, but engine doesn’t sound like it’s turning. I’ve went ahead and changed fuel pump(even though I heard it whirring) and fuel filter with oem Bosch pump last week. A few days ago I put in new spark plugs (denso #5344) and just yesterday I changed coil packs...
1-20 of 309 Results