BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 377 Results
  1. The Detail Department
    I spent the three day weekend doing paint correction on my 2016 X5 Black Sapphire Metallic. I bought the car about 2 months ago with 82k miles. It has been an AZ & NV car its whole life and so has a lot road rash and issues on the hood and front bumper. I obviously cannot resolve these issues...
  2. 3 Series & 4 Series
    Hello! Tomorrow I’m going to retrofit my new NBT EVO in my F30, so I have some questions. Thanks in advance for your replies! 1. How can I check I-step shipment on donor’s car to flash the ECU? 2. Do I have to make a custom FA to VO code the head unit? 3. I have BMW Active Hybrid 3 and there...
  3. General BMW Questions
    Car: 2008 E87, 120D LCI 130kW N47, 5-sp. manual. Hello, I've been trying to keep up on maintenance on a 1-series, tackling some minor stuff here and there. Now the car has had some fueling issues for the past year and due to the possible high cost it has been offput for all this time. The car...
  4. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    Alright I'm finally going to DIY this myself after receiving a $600 quote from a local bimmer shop for my F30 2013 335x I found this video on YT showing how to replace but it's on a 320i 4 cylinder and looks stupid easy..too easy Rock Auto has 6 x NGK Ignition Coils, 6 x NGK Spark Plugs, and 6...
  5. G29 (2018 - current)
    Been a poor man's sports car fan, i.e. Ford Mustang guy for 35 years. Could do most of the general maintenance myself. (Thanks YouTube) Recently retired, I purchased a 2020 Z4 last month for the same price as the GT's I was looking at. Opening the hood was a bit overwhelming. Can anyone...
    diy
  6. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Hello! E39 530d -02 I have a business casette player (mid), flat stift. Is there any way to diy install aux on this unit? I know i can install a post september 2002 cd and get the retrofit kit. Hope anyone has some information about this topic:) OEM: 65126918871-01
  7. Do-It-Yourself H.Q.
    How hard would it be to redirect the AC vents under the front seats up around the b-piller, one facing the driver seat and the other facing the front passenger seat? Currently just a rectangular gaping metal hole on the floor, the vent could potentially attract debris into it, and the cold or...
  8. Do-It-Yourself H.Q.
    Hey everyone. I’m sharing my almost horror/success story that 7 months of diy repairs has my 2007 530i driving great again. I bought the car from a private seller and loved it til engine trouble started about a year in. The bmw dealer basically told me to go elsewher so i did and got it...
  9. BMW CCA LA Chapter Forum
    hey all. Im working on a 530i 2007 and lt fuel trim is rich. Neg teens. Just fixed a leak, replaced intake boot, new maf. Looking for inexpensive, free, trade, anyway to program fuel trims, ltfr is hi negative. All codes cleared. It may take time and clear up driving but i see a lot of...
  10. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    Hi. I have a 2007 530i and found a connector next to ccv hose inside intake loose, not fully plugged in, like pulled out. It has been at least 2 months since i would have touched this, worked on other things, not driven a lot but has been driven with plug this way. Pic from google. Im...
  11. General BMW Questions
    After accident the ingine turns over but fails to idle. (car starts but will not stay running?) Damage is to driver side front . The air intake is out. But unclear of sensors or air hoses in need to fix myself.
  12. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    scan tool popped up this code , attachinh photo of scan tool. i have been working on the car since december. new battery, starter, alternator, crankshaft valve and hoses. i had 2 codes when very rough start after no crank before battery & starter replaced and ‘Service Engine Soon’ light on...
  13. 5 Series DIY
    Been doing an overhaul on my e60 — cooling system, valve and timing covers, alternator bracket gasket. Today I was pulling the passenger-side timing cover gasket off and the upper screw guide pin (what is the official name?) came off. After not being able to find it on the ground or in the...
  14. X5 F15 (2014 - 2018)
    N55 OFHG DIY I have done the oil filter housing gasket job twice, now. We have two N55 motors in the family which makes it convenient as the maintenance is nearly identical between the vehicles. I went looking for a written DIY and did not find what I was looking for. So, I captured my notes...
  15. General BMW Questions
    I got a 750li 4.4 twin turbo and it keeps reading bank one too lean I changed to 02 sensors checked for vacuum leaks and can’t get no where and now the obd is ready low voltage in bank one as well any one have any ideas if there familiar with the engine
  16. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Hey everyone, First things first, I'm sorry if this topic has been mentioned before, or if I'm reposting, I've been searching for this information and was unable to find anything relevant, so I'm resorting to this. I'm extremely new to any form of car modifications or anything like that, so I...
  17. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Hey everyone, it's about the time where I have to replace my battery for a 2008 335i. My current battery says: 12V 90Ah 720A (EN) 160RC 720CCA (SAE) I'm thinking of replacing the battery myself, but wondering if I find an aftermarket battery with the exact same specs as my current battery, do...
  18. 7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)
    I’m looking to remove my dash cluster to swap the lcd. Seems straight forward, but I figured I watch a YouTube video. Some guy out of the UK is saying the steering wheel needs to be pulled before the cluster. Never heard this in my life. What the reality? thanks
  19. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    SPOILER ALERT: As I ended up doing it myself, this thread morphs into a DIY for the oil pan gasket job. - July'22 UPDATE: X5 E70 LCI N55 Oil Pan Gasket DIY Attached is the DIY. SAFE HARBOR STATEMENT: I am a guy on the internet, not a BMW tech. This is not an official BMW procedure and you...
  20. X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
    I wasn't really sure how to search this to see if what I'm looking for already exists. If it does, I'll delete this post. Being new to BMW's and starting this journey with an older one (2006 x3 e83 m54 114K miles), I anticipate that I will be doing a lot of general maintenance that I'm not sure...
1-20 of 377 Results