BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 91 Results
  1. X3 G01 (2018 - current)
    After having to top off at least once a week for 2 mos., I have a coolant leak somewhere I’m sure. Can someone knowledgeable watch this and see if anything stands-out? Or ID the buildup I show? I tried to upload the video direct but keep getting an error msg. I’m a single woman and trying...
  2. G20 (2019 - Current)
    Seems that BMW never caged the old monster of cracking oil filter housings. Two days ago (at 57,000 miles!) I got a LOW COOLANT warning. Stopped at the next gas station and try to top this off. No bueno, coolant just streamed over the ground. Had AAA bring it home. I looked at the top and sides...
  3. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    My engine is leaking coolant and oil. I am concerned about the cam tensioners. I am thinking about just pulling the engine out and replacing all of the seals. 25 year old rubber is probably the biggest issue. Clutch shudders some times but I can't tell if that is from oil on the plate or if...
  4. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    I live in an expensive area of the country so labor prices are high among the expert independents. San Francisco Bay Area. I had a perfectly working E70 / 2012 X5M with 140,000 miles on it until the coolant hose started leaking - inlet hose part number 17127576371. The mechanic said to get to...
  5. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    I have a 2011 328i AT sedan (Vin NM59067) and had a radiator leak. The upper left plastic had a hairline crack so I replaced it as I was getting frequent low coolant warnings. Replaced radiator, filled and bled but noticed tiny trickle coming from the new radiator hose that connects top of...
  6. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Thanks for viewing my post. I drive a 530i 2003 bmw (162,000miles) and have had an on going problem with my coolant leaking (about 5 months now) I have replaced my upper radiator hose, water pump, radiator (due to over heating causing a crack in the radiator, Coolant tank was replaced. At the...
  7. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    Hello, I’m having an issue with coolant leaking from this part, but I’m having trouble identifying it so I can order a new one. Thanks in advance!
  8. New Member Introductions
    My water pump on my 2009 bmw 328i xdrive recently failed and got replaced at a shop. However not even a week later I began leaking coolant like crazy and took it back to the shop almost immediately. They gave me the run around for about two weeks and finally got an answer they said my coolant...
  9. 7 Series - E23 / E32 (1977 - 1994)
    So I was driving my 93 740 il last night, a piece fell off, and coolant started spraying out right below my brake fluid tank. I looked for the piece to no avail and was wondering if anyone knew what this part is called so I could buy a replacement and keep my baby running
  10. X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
    Hello, I wanted to get some help and confirmation if I need to replace the whole radiator or maybe this is just the mounting bracket that holds the expansion tank. So far, I’ve replaced expansion tank, transmission thermostat, and upper radiator hose. Once I replaced the upper radiator hose...
  11. E36 (1991 - 1999)
    So I recently changed the head gasket on my 97 318i and got a compression text done and it seems like it’s great except for the fact that it’s leaking coolant from the block… I’ve found that it is most likely the seal that goes in between the head and the block that’s right behind the timing...
  12. X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
    Hello, I currently have a heavy coolant leak I’ve been trying to track down. I have recently replaced coolant reservoir and transmission thermostat. I thought the expansion tank was the issue but I still have coolant leaking. I have rented a pressure test kit from autozone to find the leak but...
  13. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    First Time Poster in crisis here, Today on the road my car gave me a coolant level low sign and within minutes told me my engine was overheated. I immediately stopped and had this brought to a repair shop. After discussing on the phone, the mechanic is telling me that due to the design of the...
  14. General BMW Questions
    Significant coolant leak from the undercarraige hoses...trying to identify the name of this piece and hose configuration to research for possible diy repair...any help will be greatly appreciated...configuration is highlighted with the red dots
  15. F12 / F13 (2012 - 2018)
    Hi there, My beloved 650i 2012... Can clearly smell burnt coolant when car reaches operating temp... have to top up engine coolant by about a litre each week!! My mechanic had a look and sent me this photo (attached) saying: coolant leaking between gearbox and engine area!!... and said to rather...
  16. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    A few days ago I replaced my upper coolant hose due to a leak. After replacing the hose, I decided to pour distilled water in the coolant reservoir ( so that I don't just waste any coolant ) just to see if there are any more leaks. I attempted to start the car, but now after it starts, it stays...
  17. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Hello, I was looking over my 03 525iT to get it ready for a drive cycle and smog test after abs module rebuild and noticed a few drops of coolant in the belts area and some coolant on the cooler line. I think it may be the water pump, recently replaced the thermostat and lower radiator hose and...
  18. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    Hey guys! I’m trying to get help on how to remove the water pump mounting support. I have a 2017 330i that is leaking right behind the water pump. At first I thought it was the water pump leaking so I replaced it. When I went to add coolant it all started to leak again from the same spot, which...
  19. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    1997 e39 528i here with ~230k mi My coolant has been leaking for a while now but never found a place where it could be leaking! I couldn't even find the floor stains with I park it in my garage because as seen in the photos, it seems like it evaporates since it comes to contact with the exhaust...
  20. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    I have an 05 330xi that's had constant cooling system troubles. After I overheated back in November and stalled out, I replaced most of the hoses, the expansion tank, the thermostat, and water pump. I keep having persistent leaks dead center. No fluid on the pulleys so it definitely seems to be...
1-20 of 91 Results