BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-17 of 17 Results
  1. G20 (2019 - Current)
    Received my G20 320d Luxury Line last month. I was surprised and shocked to notice that it contained plain simple water instead of windscreen washer fluid. What’s going on?
  2. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    I bought my 2007 E70 a few months back. It has 100k miles on the clock, right hand drive with the beige leather interior with Panoramic roof. Its finished in the Monaco Blue. Problems that occurred: It had a couple of warning lights I was aware of. The DSC 4x4 warning light came on and the rear...
  3. X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
    I recently purchased a used 2003 BMW X5 and am in love with it. However before purchasing I didn't check if the rear wiper was working. After a bit of looking around I found out that the fuse was removed. I replaced the fuse and what do you know, the rear wiper works great! A few days later as...
  4. E36 (1991 - 1999)
    Hey, I've searched for this and not found conclusive answers. Is the wiper control module behind the glovebox or behind the hood latch release by the drivers left foot on a 94 325ic? Bentley is not clear on this either. I could just open one up and look, but thought I would tap the collective...
  5. E34 (1989 - 1995)
    Hoping someone has fixed their washer pump on a 94 e34 530i. (This does not seem to be that the jets are clogged as the pump is not turning on) The situation is this: Tried a new pump Power seems to be dead at the pump. Power is live at fuse #24 in the front fuse. When I pull out #24 the...
  6. E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
    Went to use the windshield washer but nothing. I realized I hadn't used them all season. Went to check under the hood and noticed this connector coming from the reservoir. During the winter, I had some paint work done on the hood so I wondered if it was accidentally disconnected. I can't tell...
  7. 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
    Hey fellas, I've had a small leak for a week, that only leaks when the engine is running, and only from one place.... Everything is bone dry except one small e-Torx bolt on the lower rear drivers side of the engine, in a fairly easily accessible place near the drivers side of the oil pan...
  8. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    I just ordered a new headlight washer nozzle and plan on installing it myself possibly - had a leak. The nozzle pops out of bumper and sprays headlights. I've seen a few DIY's of this and most all seem to remove the bumper which isn't hard, just a bit tedious and time consuming especially...
  9. X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
    Hi My windshield washer nozzles leak after I come home after a short drive...not consistantly occurring, but leaves a nice blue stain on my driveway...any suggestions? I know there is a one-way valve to keep fluid in the line, but can't see why that would cause the dribble. Pete
  10. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    I have a 2003 540iA M-sport with 131,400 miles. funny story... I had a message telling me that the washer fluid was low. So last night, yes in the dark, I went out for a simple 'add fluid' to the washer reservoir. I filled up the tank and closed the lid. But did a second take because I...
  11. X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
    Hi All, Have a question regarding the headlight washers. They simply don't work (they used to). I have to hypothesis for that: 1. I left the car on the freeze and once I tried to use the washer the fuse got burned and need to be replaced 2. I brought the car from the US early this year and...
  12. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    Is there a way to use the windshield washer without activating the headlight washers? i tried turning the daytime running lights off, but the headlight washers still activated when I tried to wash the windshield.
  13. X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
    I have a 2005 X5. The front windshield washer works intermittantly, but always seems to work when I take it to the dealer (still under CPO warranty). The rear washer works fine, and when I pull the washer lever inside, you can hear the front pump motor make a humming/whirring sound. Has...
  14. E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
    After a very cold winter in the UK my washer jets on my 2004 (04) Z4 2.2i aren't performing as they should. here's what i know: - the pump is firing (or at least there's a whirring sound) - the jets dribble a bit and with constant pumping can sometimes just about hit the windscreen - the fluid...
  15. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Hi: The washer & high-intesity washer are not working. (Wipers are fine), fuses are good. When I press the washer button on the stalk, I do hear a click sound located somewhere around the passenger side area. Where is the GB module for the wiper actually located? Thanks!
  16. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    This has been an ongoing problem for a few months, but I've been lazy about fixing it. I filled my reservoir with fluid and then pulled on the stalk and no fluid came out. Wipers came on, and I could hear the pump turn on, but only a little fluid squirted out of nozzle. So, I figured there was a...
  17. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    1996 528i, washers failed, not getting any power to windscreen washers or intensive wash when pull on control lever/push button. No noise at all of pumps trying to work. Headlamp wash works when lights on so power getting to control unit. Where is the control unit for the wash system, is there a...
1-17 of 17 Results