BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 232 Results
  1. BMW i8 I12 (2014 - 2020)
    Hey folks, so I've got wrecked I8 and one of the issues I'm having - no communication to DSC module(red on the tree view in ISTA). I checked wiring, fuses(that corresponds to ESC) but everything seems to be ok with that. The module itself had barely visible dent on the PCB cover. I removed the...
  2. F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
    Ok fam, I've had this 2011 550i for a little over a month now and have been fighting this malfunction since. I've read thousands of posts (with thousands of different resolutions), I've done my own troubleshooting, I've taken it to BMW.... Could use another set of eyes.... ISSUE: Like half of...
  3. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Wondering if anyone help I have an intermittent fault were the abs light and brake light comes on, and also don't no if its related but on the uif the dsc vin number is yyyyyyyy does I need to code it back in? And if so would anyone be able to walk me through it? Thanks
  4. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    I've seen others talking about this they usually have the "BRAKE" light, but I don't have that so I figured that this would be kind of the same. Could it just be an ABS Sensor that's out or should I try to change some of the ABS sensors I think are broken? I also have this problem: When I...
  5. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Hi all, BMW e39 530i 2003. I got the famous ABS trifecta. (Not the first time) I’ve changed the abs sensors, the abs module has been rebuilt in the last year and a half, and life was great. Recently, the trifecta came on. I scanned the abs module, and it came up with error 51, pressure...
  6. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    Does anyone know what can cause this fault code (5e38), sometimes 5e3c also shows up. A simple solution would be to change the yaw sensor but the weird thing is that the sensor gets the right readings and reacts to rotational acceleration. The steering angle sensor works too as i look with an...
  7. E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
    Hello, I had some mice get into my wife's car and they made a nest directly on top of the fender liner on both sides of the rear tires. The driver side had minimal damage, just peeling the insulation off of some of the wires on the plug that isnt plugged into anything (not sure what that is)...
  8. X3 F25 (2011 - 2017)
    Need some advice, had a load of dash lights come on ABS, traction control, cruise control disabled, tyre pressure monitor failure... A quick Google led to ABS/Wheel sensor failure. OK so plugged in my Bluetooth OBD connected and opened bimmerlink, Traction control module - Right rear wheel...
  9. New Member Introductions
    Hello All, I purchased my first Bimmer the other day. It's more of a hobby car. 2007 335I with 150K miles. Mostly garage kept, but maintenance was lacking. Oil abounds on this engine, so I've been cleaning it up. I'm currently working on the following maintenance tasks, and I'm about 50%...
  10. 7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)
    Hey good people! I have been having some issues with some of the electrical components of my e38 and I would love some insight from an expert here. For a while i have been living with the ABS/DSC light coming on every now and then, especially when it's hot out. I assumed this was related to a...
  11. E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
    If you get dashboard error on your BMW e60 with the Steering sensor alarm and DSC / ABS OFF you most probably need to clean the steering angle sensor disk. BMW E60 Steering angle sensor is hard to break and if any malfunction occurs most probably you need to clean it. The video below is showing...
  12. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Does anyone know whats wrong with my ASC again, ASC light comes on always when starting the car, abs works fine. Im getting codes 38 Gas valve adjustment error, 57 Throttle valve signal from the DME faulty, 67 CAN Error. Earlier my ASC didn't have issues even tho i was getting code 38 and 67...
  13. 3 Series & 4 Series
    Hello, a few months ago I bought this E90 328i 2009 and it was mechanically fine. Then a few weeks after it began to rain and that's when I noticed my first problem. There was water seeping through the windshield cowl and drenching the floorboards of the passenger front and back seats. My car...
  14. New Member Introductions
    Hello, a few months ago I bought this E90 328i 2009 and it was mechanically fine. Then a few weeks after it began to rain and that's when I noticed my first problem. There was water seeping through the windshield cowl and drenching the floorboards of the passenger front and back seats. My car...
  15. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Last week my ‘02 530i started having a squishy brake pedal. The fist 1/4 of travel seems to do nothing, but then at the 1/4 point, the brakes grab hard and are very touchy. The pedal only seems to be squishy for that first 1/4 of travel. The day after I first noticed this, the pedal felt fine...
  16. E34 (1989 - 1995)
    Hi guys, 1994 525td saloon Got an issue with the abs system that I cant for the life of me figure out. It started intermittently last year sometimes i would start the car and it would be fine and then others the light would stay on. Now it's always on, and hasn't been able to pass its mot...
  17. F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
    Hey there, On a friends F30 i have to rewire a cable for the DSC/ABS ECU. The Problem is, i cant find any information about the Plug and how to de-pin the contacts... Does anyone know which contact system is used? (JPT, SLK, MCON...) And how to de-pin the females... The Size of the cable is...
  18. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    hello, im having problems with my abs working correctly. It all started with playing around on snowy roads when my abs light came on, now it comes on every time when i turn my steering wheel. I've replaced passenger side front abs sensor and the drivers side has been replaced earlier by the...
  19. E46 (1999 - 2006)
    Hi, I've got a problem recently with my BMW e46 320d automatic. It's related with the ABS system, that for some reason the ABS light on the dashboard starts to blink when I turn the key in position (when it finish to check everying), even when I startup the car. I must admit that this problem...
  20. E39 (1997 - 2003)
    Okay so my car is '01 525i, Automatic, sedan, M54B25. I love this car, bought it 4 years ago from an owner who neglected it for years. I've mended it and it runs heavenly now. There are no big issues with this car in the last couple of years that would leave me stranded on the side of the road...
1-20 of 232 Results