The all-new 2012 BMW 650i Convertible will start at $91,375 - Base pricing Released!

by Tim Jones on January 10, 2011, 1:03 pm
  tags:
f13 base pricing 6 series  
BMW's magnificent new 650i Convertible will have a base price of $91,375. Featuring a lower, wider canvas on which the designers have crafted an elegant shape of pure dynamic presence. Going on sale as a 2012 model, the 650i Convertible features BMW's 4.4-liter, "reverse flow" V-8 engine with 400 horsepower and 450 lb-ft of torque. Two transmissions are available including the standard 6-speed manual and BMW's brilliant optional 8-speed automatic, both suited perfectly to the sport-luxury mission of the 6 Series. As with the previous 6 Series Convertible, the new 650i Convertible features a super insulated folding soft top which can retract in a mere 19 seconds at vehicle speeds up to 25 miles per hour. The interior of the new 650i Convertible features a fresh, ergonomic design with more passenger space, improved ergonomics, and superb materials choices, including optional full-leather trim with contrasting stitching.

Coverage here - http://www.bimmerfest.com/news/51157...rts-at-$91,375

Follow our full F12/13 6 Series coverage at http://www.bimmerfest.com/tag/6-Series


Leave a Comment

You must be a registered member to comment on stories. Please take a moment to register for your free account now. If you already have an account, log in using fields below.










16 responses to The all-new 2012 BMW 650i Convertible will start at $91,375 - Base pricing Released!

Losnyc82 commented:
January 11, 2011, 11:39 pm

lol crazy 92 after options almost 100 k plus
TopDownInFL commented:
January 12, 2011, 12:54 pm

New video on the 6:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W448OelQAgk
Bk650 commented:
January 14, 2011, 2:49 pm

im not floored by the new 6 its nice but nothing spectacular about it to me. Ill keep mine for abit longer lookin at that panamara didnt like it at 1st but its growing on me
Wilassasin commented:
January 15, 2011, 10:12 am

That car is gorgeous!
Bk650 commented:
January 15, 2011, 10:42 pm

coming from the 750 of course it is lol JK
charlesberry commented:
January 15, 2011, 10:52 pm

too much for me.................I'm out.
m6racer commented:
January 17, 2011, 4:40 pm

if i get a 1k a month lease with 2k down ill do it lmao
Sandlapper commented:
January 21, 2011, 11:16 am

Looks like the base price increased over 8% in one year. Too strong for me. I'll look at the competition in 2011 even though I've enjoyed my '08 6er.
TMQ commented:
January 21, 2011, 6:18 pm

If backseat space is not a main factor, 911 seems like a better choice for performance.
six_four_five commented:
January 24, 2011, 2:44 am

i still like the current 6 better...when i first saw the 6 in 2004, the designed just immediately astounded me...the 2012, not so much...it looks like a big 3 series. i dont like how bmw made the entire lineup less distinguishable from each other.
ANZAC_1915 commented:
March 3, 2011, 7:15 pm

As I have said before, that sticker price for a soft top is crazy..... why didn't they just scale up the E93 folding hard top design?
JL2672a commented:
April 21, 2011, 10:38 am

Is it me, or has luxury car pricing gotten way out of proportion? When I was still in college, a Porsche 911 cost 35k. At the time, way out of my league but not unattainable. As my salary increased linearly, it seems that the pricing on these cars has gone up exponentially. A loaded 911 turbo today costs about $130k. That's insane for a non-supercar-looking supercar.

I doubt I will ever get to the day when I can comfortably afford a 650i convertible without feeling guilt-ridden every time I drive it. What's the average salary for someone who drives this? I make good money but with a mortgage, wife, and kids, something like this will remain an unaffordable luxury.
JL2672a commented:
April 21, 2011, 10:43 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
If backseat space is not a main factor, 911 seems like a better choice for performance.

They tout this as a true 2+2 but from the pictures, the rear legroom looks no different than the 3-series. I think the only true 2+2 convertible on the market today where you won't get deep vein thrombosis is the Merc E350 convertible.
nyclio commented:
April 22, 2011, 8:52 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL2672a View Post
Is it me, or has luxury car pricing gotten way out of proportion? When I was still in college, a Porsche 911 cost 35k. At the time, way out of my league but not unattainable. As my salary increased linearly, it seems that the pricing on these cars has gone up exponentially. A loaded 911 turbo today costs about $130k. That's insane for a non-supercar-looking supercar.

I doubt I will ever get to the day when I can comfortably afford a 650i convertible without feeling guilt-ridden every time I drive it. What's the average salary for someone who drives this? I make good money but with a mortgage, wife, and kids, something like this will remain an unaffordable luxury.

Here's how I see it:

Mortgage - $5000/mo
Taxes - $1500/mo (you know LI taxes are way more - I have a friend who pays $5000/mo in just taxes!)
Bills - ~$1000/mo
Food - $1000/mo
Misc. **** Around Money - $1000/mo

So far that's $9,500 a month without any savings or car payment.

For the sake of argument you can add in:

Car Pmt. - $1200/mo.
Gas - $400/mo. (gas ain't cheap nowadays!)
Insurance - $250/mo.

Now we're up at almost 10.5k a month.

In conclusion my very scientific study shows that in order to just live COMFORTABLY in NYC, you need an income of about $15-20 grand a month.

That means your salary should be about 200-300K a year to TRULY afford a luxury car.

Then again, you have the ballers on a budget who make about 50-60K a year and drive around in 100K cars because they have no other expenses.
mstrq commented:
April 22, 2011, 1:28 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL2672a View Post
They tout this as a true 2+2 but from the pictures, the rear legroom looks no different than the 3-series. I think the only true 2+2 convertible on the market today where you won't get deep vein thrombosis is the Merc E350 convertible.
There are also Rolls-Royce and Bentley convertibles. They are more expensive than most houses, and they are bigger than some houses too.
mstrq commented:
April 22, 2011, 1:42 pm

Canadian pricing:
750i xdrive: $110k
650i convertible: $106k (price increased by $1000)

US pricing:
750i xdrive: $85k
650i convertible: $91k

Hmmm.