The BMW sub brand "BMW i" comes out of the Megacity project. The first two cars to be released under this sub brand are the i3 a cheap city car and the i8 a luxury sports car. BMW has teased us with what the i8 is going to look like with the BMW Vision concept car. Until now this BMW Vision concept car has been just that, a concept. We're now seeing BMW step up their testing as they spy shot show. BMW took their i8 test bed vehicle to Northern Sweden for cold weather testing.
Who's excited to see what the i8 is going to look like when its production ready?
Like the MegaCity Vehicle the BMW i8 is purpose built, only for a different purpose. The LifeDrive structure allows a progressive sporty design, balanced weight distribution and low centre of gravity, which results in superior driving characteristics. High-tech, super strong CFRP for reduced weight and enhanced aerodynamics let you enjoy sporty driving with a clear conscience. Thanks to the intelligent LifeDrive architecture up to four passengers can share this unique driving pleasure.
As a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) the BMW i8 combines the best of both worlds. It lets you experience the fascinating driving experience of electrically powered cars with zero local emissions for everyday use. At the same time it offers sports car performance, unbeatable fuel efficiency and improved range for longer journeys.
Read more news about the BMW Megacity cars
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Help! Engine Sputters/ jerks please help
- Creaky steering issue?? Anyone else had?
- 2010 BMW 328i Ticking Noise?
- If you rotate summer and winter wheels and tires...
- ipod only playing in alphabetical order
- Please help. first post not sure if I am doing this right
- Wiring Diagram - steptronics
- What kind of "vehicle history" report is this?
- Why the hell is Regular gas 1.89 but PLUS 2.49???
- New Product Release & Black Friday Sale