Is BMW going to keep expanding the line-up of ///M engineered X models with the addition of an X3 M? According to an article from Car Magazine, it is coming in the not too distant future.
The kicker is talk of a new "tri-turbo" setup from the M division including a set of traditional gas driven twin turbos and a third electric turbo. These turbos will be paired with a tweaked variant of the new M3 straight six...displacement possibly up to 3.2 from 3.0 -- total HP to be at or near 449bhp!
The line-up of BMW options continues to grow and it appears the X3 M is a go for as early as 2012.
Do you have a need for this much power from a mid-sized SUV? Would you be in line to test drive and bring one home?
Source: Car Magazine
Follow our full F25 X3 coverage at http://www.bimmerfest.com/tag/F25
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- replacement differential for 2007 E90 sedan
- Need assistance with radio issue
- Auto bmw mechanic
- Bmw overheating and Lou d fan noise, no air from AC vent.
- Coding angel eyes to always on, delete corner marker. Flashing angel eyes on start up
- BMW 2008 328i Rough Idle
- Hose diameters
- HELP! Issues with 2005 320i e90
- Hot Restart issues ? 2012 E93
- what level should my power sterring fluid be at when hot?