Is BMW going to keep expanding the line-up of ///M engineered X models with the addition of an X3 M? According to an article from Car Magazine, it is coming in the not too distant future.
The kicker is talk of a new "tri-turbo" setup from the M division including a set of traditional gas driven twin turbos and a third electric turbo. These turbos will be paired with a tweaked variant of the new M3 straight six...displacement possibly up to 3.2 from 3.0 -- total HP to be at or near 449bhp!
The line-up of BMW options continues to grow and it appears the X3 M is a go for as early as 2012.
Do you have a need for this much power from a mid-sized SUV? Would you be in line to test drive and bring one home?
Source: Car Magazine
Follow our full F25 X3 coverage at http://www.bimmerfest.com/tag/F25
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- AT shudders attempting to shift?
- What are these bolts, can't find them anywhere ?
- Which coilovers should I buy for my E93 325i??
- Valve cover bolts
- Replace vanos solenoids and belt tensioner?
- LED Tail light bulbs?
- 2008 BMW 328i E93 N51 has an oil cooler?
- Looking for an 07 330 Coupe
- 325xi warning light 4x4???
- 2A39 Code