Is BMW going to keep expanding the line-up of ///M engineered X models with the addition of an X3 M? According to an article from Car Magazine, it is coming in the not too distant future.
The kicker is talk of a new "tri-turbo" setup from the M division including a set of traditional gas driven twin turbos and a third electric turbo. These turbos will be paired with a tweaked variant of the new M3 straight six...displacement possibly up to 3.2 from 3.0 -- total HP to be at or near 449bhp!
The line-up of BMW options continues to grow and it appears the X3 M is a go for as early as 2012.
Do you have a need for this much power from a mid-sized SUV? Would you be in line to test drive and bring one home?
Source: Car Magazine
Follow our full F25 X3 coverage at http://www.bimmerfest.com/tag/F25
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Need help on headlight for 335d
- Whats this?
- Year and model of these wheels?
- E90 330i With PP? Need your help.
- TPMS question
- Rear Right Tire - Toe Alignment
- E92 headlight change, headlight washer unit
- Going Black on Black! E92 325i!
- E93 Convertible top cable diagram
- Roar noise at 1500 rpm (e90 lci n47)