Is BMW going to keep expanding the line-up of ///M engineered X models with the addition of an X3 M? According to an article from Car Magazine, it is coming in the not too distant future.
The kicker is talk of a new "tri-turbo" setup from the M division including a set of traditional gas driven twin turbos and a third electric turbo. These turbos will be paired with a tweaked variant of the new M3 straight six...displacement possibly up to 3.2 from 3.0 -- total HP to be at or near 449bhp!
The line-up of BMW options continues to grow and it appears the X3 M is a go for as early as 2012.
Do you have a need for this much power from a mid-sized SUV? Would you be in line to test drive and bring one home?
Source: Car Magazine
Follow our full F25 X3 coverage at http://www.bimmerfest.com/tag/F25
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- New Wheel/Tire Combo - Options/Suggestions
- BMW smart key for bmw 3/5 Series 315MHZ
- BMW Key Fob not locking the car
- E90 325xi oil consumption issue
- Crack behind front grill
- A/C doesn't cool very well at cruise speeds over 80
- Bridgestone Drive Guard replacement tires
- Moon roof on 2007 E90
- Oil change
- New purchase! 2011 335is