* concept pictures - Go to full story at InsideLine for spy pictures
Jump over to InsideLine for the full story and spy pictures - http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...ran-coupe.html
These new spy photos of the 2013 BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe prove that, despite the 5 Series GT being a disappointment, BMW isn't done blurring lines. What we've got here is a latest-generation BMW 6 Series, but with some important differences, notably, four-doors. Odd for a coupe. Or, at least, it used to be odd for a coupe to have four doors until Mercedes-Benz went ahead and called the swoopy CLS a four-door coupe and it sold like hotcakes to dentists and lawyers and housewives from Miami to Beverly Hills. Clearly there was a market for a slightly less functional sedan with stylish body work. Audi noticed, too, and dropped the A7. And then there's the Panamera.
Finally, though, it appears BMW has caught up with the trend, finally showing a prototype of the 6 Series Gran Coupe which was greenlit last July.
We expect the four door 6 Series to offer the same engine as the 6 series in the U.S. which is a 4.4-liter V8 making 400 horsepower and 450 pound-feet of torque. Transmission options are a six-speed manual or an eight-speed automatic. Starting price for the 2012 BMW 6 Series is $83,875.
And don't count out an M version with, based on the 2012 BMW M5, 553 horsepower and a manual or dual-clutch transmission.
Read more news about the BMW Gran Coupe
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- We up to about 80 million now
- BMW 320xd E91 timing chain?
- Parting out 2011 E92 BMW M3 - Parts forsale
- 07 328i Has Rough Idle
- Help - Looking for New Rims-- it can't be that hard... right?
- Burger Tuning JB3 for sale
- alternator/charging system questions
- Positive terminal cover?
- When do I know to do a oil change ??
- What do you do if the dealer service just can not figure it out?