With plenty of talk about a triple turbo F30 (next gen 3 series) M3 being only a few years away it seems like the oil burners want in on the fun. Two turbos? That is so 2000s. BMW insider Scott lays out BMW road map for the tri-turbo diesel to find its way into the X6 and 6 Series Gran Coupe -
From Scott -
After the initial launch in the X6 and the 6 Gran Coupe BMW will roll the tri-turbo diesel into the 7 and 5er -
Looks like the petrol heads will have some serious power competition coming from their diesel brothers! Who's interested in a triple turbo 6er Gran Coupe?
From Scott -
following on from an LCi of the BMW X6 in March 2012 @ Geneva. The new BMW 6er Gran Coupe will receive the all new and much discussed Tri-Turbo diesel which will be found in the BMW X6xDrive50d with 354PS.
With the Gran Coupe debuting immediately after in 2012 - Two years on from it's concept The engine will be offered in the BMW 6er GranCoupe 50d and 50d-M-Sport. Both with optional xDrive.
|And the BMW 750d. It will then ,throughout 2012 emerge in the 6er Coupe , 5er Sedan/Touring and Gran Turismo and of course the X5.|
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Installation of JB4 / Need help with Sensor locations
- E92 m3 rep bumper fog delete
- Please help me understand these error codes
- E93 rear window strip maintenance
- Replacing rear left seatbelt in an E91 / New member
- N47 eml
- Inpa Set up ?
- Convertible hard tops - are they reliable?
- Thinking about an '08 328i that needs steering wheel work.
- E90 325i sticky door handles