To honor the 40 years since the founding of BMW M in 1972, production for the United States of these very special M3 Coupes will be limited to 40 identically-equipped cars. Each features BMW Individual Frozen Silver Metallic exterior paint with a deep metallic luster to accentuate the athletic lines of the legendary M3. The unique exterior treatment also includes black hood intakes and dark chrome exterior trim, including the kidney grills, the M side gills and the exhaust tips. Black M3 GTS wheels complete the striking exterior. The interior features black Extended Novillo Leather with unique palladium silver accents and palladium silver-contrast stitching on front seats, headrests, door trim panels / handles, center console, and center armrest. The interior is further distinguished with an Alcantara-covered multi-function M steering wheel with M3 Checkered Flag logo inlay. The door sill finishers also feature the M3 Checkered Flag logo while the handbrake lever sports an embroidered M Power logo. As a final touch, genuine Carbon Fiber trims the dash and center console. The 2012 BMW M3 Competition Edition will be offered for an MSRP of $81,060 including destination and handling.
Unlike previous M3 Edition models, one each of the 40 2012 M3 Competition Edition models has been allocated to the first 40 US authorized BMW centers to become M Certified Centers. Know which dealers have a Frozen Silver M3? Let us know!
2012 BMW M3 Competition Edition features and Highlights
- Frozen Silver exterior paint
- Black hood intakes
- Dark Chrome exterior trim on Kidney Grills, M side gils and Exhaust tips
- Black M3 GTS 19-inch wheels
- Extended Black Novillo leather upholstery with Palladium Silver accents
- Palladium Silver stitching on front seats, headrests, door trim panels / handles, center console, and center armrest
- Alcantara multi-function M steering wheel with M3 Checkered Flag logo inlay
- Carbon Fiber interior trim, including dashboard and center console.
- Door sill finishers with M3 Checkered Flag logo.
- Handbrake lever with embroidered M Power logo.
- Dynamic Damper Control
- M3 GTS 19-inch light alloy Y-spoke wheels (black)
- Competition package suspension with 10mm lower ride height
- Modified programming for the M Dynamic Mode
- Heated front seats
- Retractable headlight washers
- Power folding auto-dimming mirrors
- Universal garage-door opener
- Comfort Access keyless entry
- Power rear sunshade
- Power front seats with driver seat memory
- Interior rearview mirror with compass
- Rear Park Distance Control
- M Dual-Clutch Transmission with Drivelogic
- Navigation System with Real-time Traffic Info.
- Bluetooth connectivity
- iPod and USB Adapter
- BMW Apps iPhone integration
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Questions on 328 i Rear Brakes
- Safe to put jack stand on the Plastic Jack Point
- Bmw m performance suspension/max tire size?
- Tired of BMW
- 2007 328xi odd steering sound
- 2007 328i. something is eating all my oil
- E92 335D engine turbo charger failure
- Cleaning my wheels
- Caliwaterboy and/or other handling gurus....
- Anyone with an early E90 (06-08) that has been trouble-free?