BMW announced today that the F30 328i's N20 2.0L TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder motor has joined the repeat winner 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo inline-6 (N55) -- making both motors in the next generation 3 series top 10 motors.
|"TwinPower Turbo technology is a perfect example of the BMW EfficientDynamics philosophy," said Ludwig Willisch – President and CEO of BMW of North America, LLC. "With the ground-breaking combination of a twin-scroll turbo, high-precision direct injection and Valvetronic, both the TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder and the TwinPower Turbo inline-6 offer the performance of much larger engines without the penalty of more fuel consumption."|
The N20 is an evolutionary step forward for BMW and will get an estimated fuel economy of 24 MPG city / 36 MPG highway while increasing it's 0-60 a full second from the outgoing 328i E90 model.
Look for more TwinPower technology to break into the BMW line-up over the next year including the 6-cylinder N55 getting put into the 640i Coupe and Convertible.
It sounds like the TwinPower turbos are here to stay. Here is to hoping the F30 328i drives like a real BMW with that N20 alongside a 6-speed manual!
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Want to add OEM garage door opener, is it possible?
- 09 E92 Passenger Corning light off
- Rear passenger side splashguard?
- First time BMW owner. Advice needed for high mileage car
- BMW Angel Eyes Installation
- How to Reset "Service Due"
- 2010 328i Vert E93 - White on White?
- My 0-60 time
- Sunroof Drain Clog Question
- Front bumper needs body work