BMW's hot new concept car, the BMW i8 represents what BMW calls sustainable performace for the future. You've probably been seeing a lot about this car, especially with it's feature roll Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol. The BMW i8 in Mission Impossible staring Tom Cruise and the lovely Paula Patton is a concept car, something that was made for promotion and the auto show circuit (Don't miss Bimmerfest coverage of the Detroit Auto Show - Including the BMW i8). BMW is now working on a production version of the car, slated to go on sale in 2013. AutoExpress snapped pictures of the prototype production car and noted these differences between the spied car and the concept car -
The BMW i8 is edging nearer to production, as these spy shots prove. In the past, the petrol-electric supercar has been revealed with styling features that aren't feasible for production, but this camouflaged prototype gives the best hint yet at what to expect when the car goes on sale in 2013.
More pictures and details from AutoExpress
What do you think about the prototype? Does it still excite you or will BMW lose the WOW factor of the i8 with the inevitable changes required to make it a production car?
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- 335I n54 downpipes for sale who's interested
- replacement differential for 2007 E90 sedan
- Need assistance with radio issue
- Auto bmw mechanic
- Bmw overheating and Lou d fan noise, no air from AC vent.
- Coding angel eyes to always on, delete corner marker. Flashing angel eyes on start up
- BMW 2008 328i Rough Idle
- Hose diameters
- HELP! Issues with 2005 320i e90
- Hot Restart issues ? 2012 E93