The new BMW 3 Series Saloon has lived up to the legacy of its predecessor having been crowned What Car? ‘Best Compact Executive Car’ 2012, for the seventh consecutive year with the 320d SE.
The BMW 3 Series Saloon reigned supreme in the Compact Executive category, recognised for remaining ahead of the competition in every way. With its EfficientDynamics package making this ‘3’ the most economical car in its class it appeals to both business and retail customers. However, it was not just the BMW 3 Series’ outstanding economy that stood out for the judges; it was commended for being smooth and refined whilst still offering that sheer driving pleasure.
Chas Hallett, What Car? editor-in-chief, said: “The new BMW 3 Series is great to drive, with sharp steering and a well judged chassis. But the biggest gains are in efficiency; it delivers 60mpg and CO2 emissions so low that it falls into the cheapest 13 per cent company car tax band for diesels. It’s a convincing winner of our Executive Car of the Year award.”
Tim Abbott, Managing Director of BMW UK, said: “It is a testament to the quality and refinement of the BMW 3 Series to win this prestigious award for seven consecutive years. To have this consistent recognition, across the generations, for all of the hard work that goes into producing BMW’s core model is a great honor.”
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Bimmer-tech backup cam installation help - peoria IL
- ABS Light On and Off
- The Clinkining... (E92)
- How Long Did Your Water Pump Last?
- Looking for a good mechanic Huntington NY
- Having problems with windshield trim I installed.
- SES light on after BMS Stage 1
- Any Experience with Automatic Car Adapter & Car Apps (2nd Generation)?
- URGENT HELP NEEDED - BMW 330d M-Sport Convertible
- 2008 335xi Unusual Rear Handling