The new BMW 3 Series Saloon has lived up to the legacy of its predecessor having been crowned What Car? ‘Best Compact Executive Car’ 2012, for the seventh consecutive year with the 320d SE.
The BMW 3 Series Saloon reigned supreme in the Compact Executive category, recognised for remaining ahead of the competition in every way. With its EfficientDynamics package making this ‘3’ the most economical car in its class it appeals to both business and retail customers. However, it was not just the BMW 3 Series’ outstanding economy that stood out for the judges; it was commended for being smooth and refined whilst still offering that sheer driving pleasure.
Chas Hallett, What Car? editor-in-chief, said: “The new BMW 3 Series is great to drive, with sharp steering and a well judged chassis. But the biggest gains are in efficiency; it delivers 60mpg and CO2 emissions so low that it falls into the cheapest 13 per cent company car tax band for diesels. It’s a convincing winner of our Executive Car of the Year award.”
Tim Abbott, Managing Director of BMW UK, said: “It is a testament to the quality and refinement of the BMW 3 Series to win this prestigious award for seven consecutive years. To have this consistent recognition, across the generations, for all of the hard work that goes into producing BMW’s core model is a great honor.”
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Convertible chrome to black?
- Dealer charged my mom $247.50 for SIB 34 03 13
- Always clean up BEFORE starting your engine after an oil change.
- Low Oil Warning and 2E9F Oil Sensor Fault
- Quick query re Air filter change and CBS
- Have a problem with taillight on e90 328i
- Interests in buying an 08 335i with 85,000 miles
- Acura dealership turns rotors but no BMW places will
- Bosch evolution wiper blades don't fit e92?
- New Front Brakes