The new BMW 3 Series Saloon has lived up to the legacy of its predecessor having been crowned What Car? ‘Best Compact Executive Car’ 2012, for the seventh consecutive year with the 320d SE.
The BMW 3 Series Saloon reigned supreme in the Compact Executive category, recognised for remaining ahead of the competition in every way. With its EfficientDynamics package making this ‘3’ the most economical car in its class it appeals to both business and retail customers. However, it was not just the BMW 3 Series’ outstanding economy that stood out for the judges; it was commended for being smooth and refined whilst still offering that sheer driving pleasure.
Chas Hallett, What Car? editor-in-chief, said: “The new BMW 3 Series is great to drive, with sharp steering and a well judged chassis. But the biggest gains are in efficiency; it delivers 60mpg and CO2 emissions so low that it falls into the cheapest 13 per cent company car tax band for diesels. It’s a convincing winner of our Executive Car of the Year award.”
Tim Abbott, Managing Director of BMW UK, said: “It is a testament to the quality and refinement of the BMW 3 Series to win this prestigious award for seven consecutive years. To have this consistent recognition, across the generations, for all of the hard work that goes into producing BMW’s core model is a great honor.”
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Daft question but.....
- Computer reset - drive cycles
- How Do I Stack the Top Safely ???
- JB4 reading in 1500 increments?
- Air filter removal, motor died? New here!
- N52 Intake Camshaft removal/install - need spring remover?
- oil consumption -consumer reports
- how to play videos in BMW320D highline 2011 model
- Widest tires that are possible
- N54 E92 335xi dyno run 417hp 482 ft-lbs ! ! !