BMW M Performance Auto M135i F20 Spied

by Tim Jones on February 14, 2012, 6:36 pm
F20 M135i caught testing

BMW M Performance Automobiles, the newest off shoot of the M division kicked off with a bang. Rolling out for diesel monsters, the F10 M550d sedan & wagon, the X5 50d and the X6 50d. Our spied snapped picture of this F20 1 series hatchback with noticeably wider fenders. M division says there won't be another 1M for awhile leading us to think this is possibly the next M Performance Auto car, likely to be a M135i.

BMW M Performance Auto M135i spied

The side profile of the F20 1 series with the wide fenders reminds me of the Z3 M Coupe. Does anyone else see that in the pictures above?

BMW M Performance Auto M135i

5 responses to BMW M Performance Auto M135i F20 Spied

terrapen73 commented:
February 14, 2012, 8:13 pm

The nose is a little short, but that rear shot really does resemble it in the rear glass and roof shape to me.
ProRail commented:
February 14, 2012, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
F20 M135i caught testing

BMW M Performance Auto M135i spied

BMW M Performance Auto M135i
Promises, promises. Will we ever see this in NA?
terrapen73 commented:
February 14, 2012, 11:25 pm

I doubt it. Probably get the coupe version though. I really want the 3-door hatch.
Chris90 commented:
February 15, 2012, 11:47 am

If the US coupe is still going to be sold for another year, I'd think we'd get some kind of Performance Auto version to keep sales from tanking, like the ZHP package on late E46s.
Reedo302 commented:
February 17, 2012, 11:10 am

If they bring it, I'd like to buy it. Definitely what I'm looking for.