The dyno numbers are in from the morning testing at Turner Motorsport and the numbers are almost too good to believe. The long term review 328i reported in at 241.241 horsepower and 274.759 lb-ft of torque. Considering the car is rated at 240 horsepower and 255 lb-ft of torque by BMW at the crank, these numbers at the wheels are just really impressive.
Before today, two 2012 F30 328i sedans have been dynod, our friends at EAS (EAS F30 328i dyno thread) put down 226hp and 230ft-lbs of torque. InsideLine (InsideLine F30 328i dyno thread) put down an even more impressive 240hp and 257ft-lbs of torque. Clearly BMW is under rating the N20 4 cylinder turbo in these cars.
This was the first time anyone has dynoed the N20 328i with a 6 speed manual and I think anyone would be happy with these results. A big thank goes out to Turner Motorsport for helping us make this happen!
Besides the dyno run we're using Turner Motorsport impressive facility to dive into our F30 328i. Look for the following technical results from our trip -
- Complete suspension review including expert analysis from TMS suspension engineers
- Side-by-Side comparison of the E90 to the F30 on the lift
- We weigh the 328i on the TMS race scales. How much does an F30 328i really weigh?
- Wheel fitment testing - If you're going to be putting rims on your F30 you'll need this info
- Brake pad fitment - Are any existing brake pads compatible with our F30 328i brake system
- And more! Who knows what else we'll come up with with the BMW experts at Turner Motorsports!
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Pure N54 Stage 2 Turbos Now Available - 680 whp / 625 wtq
- WTB:Spare Tire 18' for 3/series
- BMW e92 Door lock failed (Locked Inside)
- Restrain System Malfunction!
- Does dealership oil change include brake fluid?
- 2007 BMW 335i engine malfunction reduce power
- Which comes first, whats more important
- Wagon Buying Help
- How do you know if the airbags were reconnected correctly?