The EPA has revised the fuel economy numbers for the 2012 BMW 3 series from the preliminary numbers. These numbers are still preliminary as the EPA has not yet test the SULEV N26 powered 328i. Once the SULEV 328i is tested the EPA will release the final fuel economy numbers. The updated numbers for the 328i sedan are
BMW 2012 328i Sedan Automatic
City 23 / Highway 33 / Combined 26
This is a change of -1 city, -3 highway and -3 combined compared to the preliminary numbers originally released in December 2011
BMW 2012 328i Sedan Manual
City 23 / Highway 34 / Combined 27
The manual transmission numbers are unchanged and now represent a better fuel economy then the 8 speed auto.
BMW 2012 335i Sedan
The 335i Sedan automatic and manual transmission MPG did not change. They are -
Automatic - City 23 / Highway 33 / Combined 26
Manual - City 20 / Highway 30 / Combined 23
It is important to note that while the numbers have been reduced the F30 328i still represents a 18% improvement in fuel economy then the previous generation E90 328i. The F30 328i is also still the most fuel efficient vehicle in its class. Increased fuel economy can also be achieved using the ECO PRO mode.
Read the real world fuel economy thread to see what Bimmerfest.com members are getting for fuel economy in their F30 3 series.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- NAVIKS VIDEO INTERGRATION UNIT BMW 3 Series (E90) (E91) (E92) (E93)
- Plug identification assistance needed
- Rattle/Resonance Issue
- Brake job torque specs
- BMW E90 oil level readings variables
- Issues with Amplifier on my 07 335 cab
- e90 pre-lci halogen light to xenon conversion
- Replica wheels for winter.. Or not?
- 330 I cranks, but wont start
- Help jerking/banging while cruising after jb4 install