BMW Groupís Olympic Fleet heads to London for 2012 Olympics
BMW the Official Automotive Partner to the London 2012 Olympic & Paralympic Games, has now delivered the first 40 vehicles that will be used for this summer's Olympic and Paralympic Games in London.
In total BMW will provide 4,000 low emission diesel, hybrid and electric cars as well as motorcycles and bicycles to the London Organizing Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) in support of the Games. These will principally be used as shuttles for officials, media, employees of the LOCOG, representatives of the national Olympic committees, the international sporting bodies of the IOC and sponsors.
BMW's Olympic fleet needs to be varied to deal with the complex operational demands of the Games. BMW was selected as a partner based the ability to provide such a diverse fleet that could achieve the challenging emissions threshold as set by LOCOG. The Games fleet will include our class leading efficient diesels, hybrids, electric vehicles and even bicycles.
Amongst the first cars that have now arrived are the 520d EfficientDynamics and the 320d EfficientDynamics, both of which will be active throughout the course of the Games.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- BMW E90 oil level readings variables
- Issues with Amplifier on my 07 335 cab
- e90 pre-lci halogen light to xenon conversion
- Replica wheels for winter.. Or not?
- 330 I cranks, but wont start
- Help jerking/banging while cruising after jb4 install
- Bmw 335i coupe part broke off
- 2011 335i HELP! Watch Video Please!
- Buying 2011 E90 335 xDrive
- E90 prewired for Sirius Sat Radio???