BMW Groupís Olympic Fleet heads to London for 2012 Olympics
BMW the Official Automotive Partner to the London 2012 Olympic & Paralympic Games, has now delivered the first 40 vehicles that will be used for this summer's Olympic and Paralympic Games in London.
In total BMW will provide 4,000 low emission diesel, hybrid and electric cars as well as motorcycles and bicycles to the London Organizing Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) in support of the Games. These will principally be used as shuttles for officials, media, employees of the LOCOG, representatives of the national Olympic committees, the international sporting bodies of the IOC and sponsors.
BMW's Olympic fleet needs to be varied to deal with the complex operational demands of the Games. BMW was selected as a partner based the ability to provide such a diverse fleet that could achieve the challenging emissions threshold as set by LOCOG. The Games fleet will include our class leading efficient diesels, hybrids, electric vehicles and even bicycles.
Amongst the first cars that have now arrived are the 520d EfficientDynamics and the 320d EfficientDynamics, both of which will be active throughout the course of the Games.
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- I removed my Valvetronic motor prematurely.
- iDrive Help!
- JB4 N55 Stage 2 - Trade Type A for Type B Harness
- How to unlock the car?? HELP!
- Creator C110 Fault Code Scanner E90-93
- Replacement radio cost for 2011 328i
- 335I n54 downpipes for sale who's interested
- replacement differential for 2007 E90 sedan
- New BMW owner
- Need assistance with radio issue