If you're in the market for, or just want to play with the options, on a 2012 BMW M6 Convertible the 'Build Your Own' configurator is now live on BMWUSA.com! Base price for the 2012 M6 is $113,995 with the $895 destination and handling charge. You're of course not getting your M6, or dreaming of your M6 in base level trim, options pricing includes -
- BMW Individual paint (Citrin Black Metallic, Tanzanite Blue Metallic, Ruby Black Metallic) - $1800
- Full Merino Leather (Sakhir Orange, Silverstone II, Zandvoort Beige, Black) - $3500
- BMW Individual Leather (Opal White, Platinum/Black, Champagne, Canyon Brown, Amaro Brown) - $5000
- BMW Individual Trim (Dark Red Sycamore wood, White Ash Grain wood) - $1080
- Driver Assistance Package - $1900
- Executive Package - $4900
- 20" M light alloy wheels Style 343M - $1300
- Head-up Display - $1300
- Front ventilated seats - $500
- BMW Apps - $250
- Bang & Olufsen Sound System - $3700
- Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection - $2600
If you're wondering where the pricing is for the BMW M Carbon Ceramic Brake they won't be available until 2013 model year production starts in July. We're told pricing will be less then competitors, perhaps in the $4600 range.
Build your own 2012 BMW M6 on BMWUSA.com here
If you've forgotten what's under the hood of the 2012 M6 here is a quick refresher. The M6 is powered by the most powerful engine ever fitted to a BMW M car. The high revving 560 hp TwinPower Turbo V-8 mated is connected to the M-Double Clutch DCT 7 speed transmission. The power is put to the ground through the an Active M Differential which optimizes power transfer between the rear wheels ensuring the engine's performance is transferred to the ground. The M6 has 10% higher more out then the V10 engine of its predecessors the E63 M6 and torque is up by over 30%. With EfficientDynamics in mind fuel consumption and CO2 are reduced by approximately 30%.
The M6 is not a cheap car, what's the most expensive configuration someone can rack up?
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Looking for a freelance mechanic or a shop in Queens NY
- Looking to buy a 335i
- "Rumble" in left rear when braking...CV Shaft?
- iPhone 5 issues
- Bye Bye Run-Flats
- What is checked at a "Vehicle Check" service?
- Windshield tint?
- Exhaust Tip?
- 2008 328i Bluetooth
- So last Wednesday I was driving home (someone let the Squirrel out)