BMW has issued a technical service bulletin for the stop / start (MSA system) issues previously reported by several Bimmerfest Members. The problem is only related to F30 335i 3 series powered by the N55 inline six cylinder engine. The problem is that the engine will be stopped and started correctly by the stop/start MSA system, however, after the restart the engine will again shut off unexpectedly. The system will display a message to the driver that the stop/start feature has been disabled and the transmission (automatic) is put into neutral automatically.
The engine can be started manually by the driver after this has happened using the start button. This happens intermittent making this very frustrating to drivers and hard for technicians to diagnose. Furthermore the is no relevant errors logged into the ECU fault system.
BMW cites an 'unfavorable DME software application' as the source of the issue for cars produced between 11/2/2011 and 2/29/2012. To the automotive enthusiasts that loosely translates to "we screwed up". BMW is owning up to the issue by issuing service bulletin 10 12 00 09 00. Everyone with a 2012 F30 3 series is of course covered under the warranty so besides the hassle of getting your 3 series recoded at the dealership it is an easy fix.
How many people have been having this issue with their F30 stop/start?
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Gas consumption ???
- Detailer's Domain's Mystery Box is back and won't last long.
- Misfiring but no codes
- Proud new owner of a 335! Have a few questions
- Misfiring, thick white smoke, engine cuts out
- P0012 code after VCG replaced
- Afe mach force-xp 3"-2.5" cat-back stainless steel exhaust e9x 335
- 370,000 BMW E90s affected by latest BMW air bag recall
- Want To Buy JB4 G5 For N54 335i!
- Battery Symbol on E90 3.20 Petrol