With the BMW F30 Sedan about to head into it's second model year the 3 series excitement turns to soon to be release coupe, convertible and perhaps Gran Coupe. This time around; however, the 3 series coupe and convertible are slated to be rename and remarketed as an up market version of the 3 series sedan called the 4 series. The previous generation coupes have always been stocked with more base options so a slight rework on the pricing and options and you can see how this could work. True, the rumors of rebranding the coupe into a 4 series are as old as the internet. This time around; we have confirmation of a BMW M4 from none other then the former head of BMW M and the current BMW NA CEO and President Ludwig Willisch. Mr. Willisch let the M4 cat out of the bag at Bimmerfest 2012 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks while answering attendee quetsions. If we're going to have a BMW M4 there has to be a 4 series to build it from.
Add into the mix the introduction of the 6 Series Gran Coupe, which basically a 4 door 6 series built to take on the Panamera and the idea of a 4 Series Gran Coupe to take on the Audi A5 Sportback and MB CLA is certainly plausible from the Munich based BMW.
Thanks to AutoExpress.co.uk for the rendering of the BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe
What do you think of the idea of a more aggressively styled up market 4 door coupe from BMW?
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Armrest USB stopped playing music
- E90 55 plate Breather Pipe Issue
- New Popping / Settling Sound 335i
- Severe rumble/vibration after lowering springs
- My wipers dead - #39 FUSE
- Airbag Recall - Anyone had it done?
- Looking at 2011 328I HT convertable
- Engine start issue. E91 2007 n43. DIS 57 tested.
- E93 2009 cabrio usb not working
- Need advise what to pick?