The F01 7 Series Life Cycle Impluse (LCI) was just announced with much excitement. The big list of changes include -
- New front and rear bumpers
- New headlights
- New front seats
- More power for the V8
- N55 6 cylinder replaces N54 6 cylinder
- And much more
One feature that was shown in the press photos but will not be making it to the US for the start of the model year 2013 (MY) is the TFT instrument panel. BMW's TFT panel replaces the traditional needles and gauges with what is in effect an LCD panel. The gauges, needles and numbers are simply displayed on a screen, nothing is physically moving.
Despite information to the contrary my sources indicate that there was not enough time to get the TFT panel tested and integrated for US spec model year 2013 vehicle before production starts in July. I expect the TFT display will come state side for the 7 series in model year 2014. Will a lack of a TFT instrument panel keep you from buying a 7 Series LCI?
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Squeaky drivers seat
- 2010 E90 speaks replacement
- Slow cranking 2011 335i
- Style 159 OEM Wheel for 2006 BMW 330xi
- Dealership installed the DEF tank wrong!
- Anyone try the Nav DVD from E-Bay for $9?
- 2012 328i xdrive wagon reliability
- Coolant Low - Lignt was On - Headasket?? '06 330i
- Paddle shift retrofit query
- Fuel Leak