The luxury automaker has brought its DriveNow program to San Francisco, California with the service opening up for business at the end of June. While there have been programs around the country where you could rent a luxury car for a few hours or a day (and yes, Zipcar has luxury cars), BMW is the first luxury automaker to run its own car sharing operation here in the U.S.
Here's how DriveNow works:
Next time I'm in SF, I will try this just so I can drive one. I wish they had
this program for all of their cars. In fact, I wish all luxury manufacturers offered
something like this. For a couple of hundred I could test drive the car for several
hours to make sure it's what I want (especially in terms of long range comfort
which I can't do on a regular test drive).
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Front jumper post on 2007 328i do not work????
- Dash cam mount (front and back)
- to keep or not to keep 328 2011 after lease end
- sirius radio free promotion
- Parts Equivalent for 318i in the USA?
- E90 LCI sedan with halogen headlights - H7 Halogen to H7 Led
- 328Xi misfire
- tire inflation
- The Borg draws its first collective breath