The luxury automaker has brought its DriveNow program to San Francisco, California with the service opening up for business at the end of June. While there have been programs around the country where you could rent a luxury car for a few hours or a day (and yes, Zipcar has luxury cars), BMW is the first luxury automaker to run its own car sharing operation here in the U.S.
Here's how DriveNow works:
Next time I'm in SF, I will try this just so I can drive one. I wish they had
this program for all of their cars. In fact, I wish all luxury manufacturers offered
something like this. For a couple of hundred I could test drive the car for several
hours to make sure it's what I want (especially in terms of long range comfort
which I can't do on a regular test drive).
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- ****A DEER ran out in front of me***
- Passenger side back door not unlocking.
- Radio switches from iPod to FM
- Got some oil on the engine cover during top off.
- metallic popping sound in front
- I love my car .. But should I keep it ..??
- Paint job for Mtech kit?
- Oil Change = oil smell in cabin
- Used 328i - 100k miles - Should I buy for $11k?
- Tips on Managing Dog Hair in the car?