The luxury automaker has brought its DriveNow program to San Francisco, California with the service opening up for business at the end of June. While there have been programs around the country where you could rent a luxury car for a few hours or a day (and yes, Zipcar has luxury cars), BMW is the first luxury automaker to run its own car sharing operation here in the U.S.
Here's how DriveNow works:
Next time I'm in SF, I will try this just so I can drive one. I wish they had
this program for all of their cars. In fact, I wish all luxury manufacturers offered
something like this. For a couple of hundred I could test drive the car for several
hours to make sure it's what I want (especially in terms of long range comfort
which I can't do on a regular test drive).
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Car mount for 335 I
- Why not to buy a BMW
- wind deflector 2009 328i X drive coupe
- First Annual Bimmer Blast 2014
- Chicago - Register Battery
- 2012 E92 with 1st gen iPod>
- This front suspension look familiar?
- '10 328i Coupe - can I fold in the sideview mirrors?
- Dynamic cruise control button...
- e90 halo light installation