The luxury automaker has brought its DriveNow program to San Francisco, California with the service opening up for business at the end of June. While there have been programs around the country where you could rent a luxury car for a few hours or a day (and yes, Zipcar has luxury cars), BMW is the first luxury automaker to run its own car sharing operation here in the U.S.
Here's how DriveNow works:
Next time I'm in SF, I will try this just so I can drive one. I wish they had
this program for all of their cars. In fact, I wish all luxury manufacturers offered
something like this. For a couple of hundred I could test drive the car for several
hours to make sure it's what I want (especially in terms of long range comfort
which I can't do on a regular test drive).
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- Weird noises from engine when coldstart
- ews immobiliser
- E92 electrical problems, car wont start
- Need help would like to change stereos
- Combox update via winkfp
- Headlight and Foglight Wiring Diagram..??
- Bought my first Bimmer... (08' 328xi)
- 328IX coils and plugs - reliability
- Thoughts on this deal
- Question for E93 + SmartTop Owners