The luxury automaker has brought its DriveNow program to San Francisco, California with the service opening up for business at the end of June. While there have been programs around the country where you could rent a luxury car for a few hours or a day (and yes, Zipcar has luxury cars), BMW is the first luxury automaker to run its own car sharing operation here in the U.S.
Here's how DriveNow works:
Next time I'm in SF, I will try this just so I can drive one. I wish they had
this program for all of their cars. In fact, I wish all luxury manufacturers offered
something like this. For a couple of hundred I could test drive the car for several
hours to make sure it's what I want (especially in terms of long range comfort
which I can't do on a regular test drive).
Recent BMW News
Latest Forum Discussions
- MAN's afternoon....
- I knew my config was rare... but,
- 2011 328i
- looking for TPMS - RDC module location in wagon
- Help! Transmission issue!
- Hey guys, tell me what you think of this motor!
- BMWHAT coding lost communication with FRM
- E90 2009 D or I Advantages and Disadvantages.
- 07 335XI loud bang when car starts